2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I sleep rather well. Its now 6:30am and time to get to work.

just asking lol, im glad when i come in to work at 6am there are some good threads to look at, and radio shows to listen to, 12 hours of sitting around waiting for ambulance calls gets boring... anyway

to stay on topic.. i cant wait for more info to come out!! i check this thread atleast 25 times a day lol

Casually dropped the idea of the outing into the conversation last night. Got a lot of indifference right up until I said 'shopping'.

I may need to go investigate potential prices of flights and bankruptcy settlements.

hahaha, the best part is if you have kids, disney is the best in, thats what i used... i didnt mention shopping because the gf is bad enough here with it!! if i did i think we could use the same bankruptcy lawyer paulo, maybe they will give us a 2 for 1 deal haha

More details will be coming out about this one very soon.

More details will be coming out about this one very soon.

Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB/GG, is there going to be an outing suggestions thread?

JB - If possible, could you see your way to adding a sub-forum under All Things Equipment; THP Outing and then additional sub-forums of years? Only asking because, while at work, it will make it easier to locate all of the 2011 threads, the various Demo Day reviews for example, instead of flipping through by latest post. Either way, thanks.

first off, I love how the demo day is a full day. I wouldnt change that. but I would say that I didnt like how it was broken into seperate parts. I thought I was going to love that aspect til I was looking for a specific driver/fwy wood,/hybrid and had a hell of a time finding it. The irons in this instance are a moot point as there are full sets. I think with it sectioned off into types of clubs for different times it took away from your ability to find the equipment not in use. I hope this makes sense.

first off, I love how the demo day is a full day. I wouldnt change that. but I would say that I didnt like how it was broken into seperate parts. I thought I was going to love that aspect til I was looking for a specific driver/fwy wood,/hybrid and had a hell of a time finding it. The irons in this instance are a moot point as there are full sets. I think with it sectioned off into types of clubs for different times it took away from your ability to find the equipment not in use. I hope this makes sense.

I think this is something we saw as well. We must either have people return clubs after use or use an alternative which we have drawn up now. Finding clubs all over the range at the end when nobody was using them was hard for others to get to try everything.

I kind of agree with you. It was hard to find some drivers that I wanted to hit. However some of that was laziness of not wanted to walk all the way down to the other end of the range. I think the part where it really hurt was with the wedges and putters. We left time for that, but PGA National made us move ranges which really limited the time we had to test them. That wasn't THP's fault, but with the way it worked out it hurt the wedges/putters. I really did enjoy the full day, it sure was a long day, but totally worth it.

+1 .... but overall I liked the concept of having separate parts.

perhaps we do the same thing next year but have half of the people hitting drivers/woods/hybrids and the other half hitting irons/wedges/putters and then switch the groups after lunch? this is assuming the range and puttign green are in close proximity to each other of course.

I think this is something we saw as well. We must either have people return clubs after use or use an alternative which we have drawn up now. Finding clubs all over the range at the end when nobody was using them was hard for others to get to try everything.

What if the range was divided up in sections. A iron section, hybrid, fairway wood and then driver/ shaft fitting. This would keep the clubs in a certain section. That might make it easier to find clubs.

this I would agree with completely. Dont get me wrong though, I did get a chance to hit 95% of what I wanted, it just took some looking around.

I would also like to say to the people attending next year, if it has a head cover, take it off at your bay, then return the cover to the club when finished. If someone comes and takes the club, then give them the cover. That will make for finding a club much smoother. I also think this would have knocked out some of the searching.

As usual I'm late to this party, but I already told the wife that I was going to the 2012 outing. Her response as usual was "Have Fun!" I love the competition portion, and now I'm happier than ever that I signed up for lessons. At least I have a hope of being able to attend and not make a mockery of the game or embarrass myself. I am in and will be changing my paycheck disbursement to include a chunk into the "golf account".

As usual I'm late to this party, but I already told the wife that I was going to the 2012 outing. Her response as usual was "Have Fun!" I love the competition portion, and now I'm happier than ever that I signed up for lessons. At least I have a hope of being able to attend and not make a mockery of the game or embarrass myself. I am in and will be changing my paycheck disbursement to include a chunk into the "golf account".

Nice Matt. Could be a carpool situation.

Nice Matt. Could be a carpool situation.
I'm up for carpooling with anyone if I end up going. I am from Mebane, NC.

I'm up for carpooling with anyone if I end up going. I am from Mebane, NC.

This carpool idea sounds good. I know of some THP members hanging in Tampa.

This carpool idea sounds good. I know of some THP members hanging in Tampa.

I'm right off Indian Rocks Beach, if anyone in this area wants to carpool. Getting a little ahead of ourselves though. Haha

This is it....Have at it!

I suggest we take the liquor out of One-T's hand on Saturday night so no one has to hear the built in excuse for his horrid play

I suggest we take the liquor out of One-T's hand on Saturday night so no one has to hear the built in excuse for his horrid play

Listen buddy, it is no excuse. good good and you would have only beat me by a stroke.

LOL you are right

LOL you are right

oh, I know! hahaha. Dude, I cant wait to meet up with you, yorkem, and DMB sometime.

Ok, back on topic....

I dont know if people realize the value in the unlimited golf. Not to mention the par 3 course. this is gonna be sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back