2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP is pleased to announce that the 3rd Annual THP Golf Outing & Demo Day is now official. We have partnered with one of the finest golf resorts in the world, The Villas of Grand Cypress Golf Resort, to host this great event. Before making this decision, THP talked with several golf resorts and in the end we felt that Grand Cypress has the most to offer for our members. Not only will you be experiencing world renowned golf but you will also be just minute away from the happiest place on earth, Disney World! This will be the perfect trip for not only the die hard golfers, but families as well.

As of now this outing is sold out. However, you can be put on a waiting list by sending a PM (private message) to GolferGal.

863786920_TQCSb-M.jpg

Grand Cypress (http://www.grandcypress.com/ ) has been recognized by numerous golf publications as one of the top resorts in the U.S. and is the current home to the LPGA Tour Championship. It also boasts a St. Andrews replica golf course bringing the famous links style course to you.

While the venue for 2012 may have changed the amount of excitement and enthusiasm that we have for outings has not changed, in fact we are more excited then ever. For a recap of what the past two outing were like take a look at these threads.

THP 2010 Outing Concludes
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...ting-Concludes

THP 2010 Picture Thread
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...Picture-Thread

THP 2011 Outing Concludes
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20564-2011-THP-Outing-Recap-Thread

THP 2011 Picture Thread
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...f-Outing-Picture-Thread&highlight=2011+outing

i-8vD5mvL-XL.jpg

Where & When
Villas of Grand Cypress Golf Resort, Orlando, FL
May 18th-20th 2012

Format
It's competition time everybody! For the first time, the THP Golf Outing & Demo Day will have a competitive side to it.
*The most important thing to say here is....SKILL LEVEL STILL DOES NOT MATTER!
*This will be a team event
*The teams will be created by THP
*There will be a minimum of 10 teams
*Teams will in most cases not be playing together
*All skill levels are equally important
In the end it is about fun and nothing will ever change that about the THP Golf Outing & Demo Day. If you have been to one (or more), you know that we will never take that part away from it and feel this will add some excitement.

Itinerary
Friday
Full Demo Day 9am-5pm
This is going to be a unique demo day unlike any other you have ever experienced. 8 full hours of the latest and the greatest in the world of equipment.

9am-11:30am - Drivers/FW Woods/Hybrids/Shafts
This will be the opportunity to swing away and swing hard. This will also be the time of the demo day to use the launch monitor for shaft fitting. There will be a sign up sheet of sorts for the monitor that way each person gets time to get fit by one of the THP equipment "experts".

11:30am-12pm – Contest TBD
Very cool and unique contest that will be so much fun that it will have people on edge for each shot. Winner will take home a prize to be named later.

12pm-1 pm - Lunch Break
Take your time and grab some lunch or a quick snack at one of the fine restaurants at The Villas of Grand Cypress Golf Resort or head back to your room for a quick bite.

1pm-2:30pm - Irons & Wedges
Both full range and short game areas will be available for testing.

2:30pm-3pm – Contest TBD
Prize to be named later.

3pm-4pm - Putters
The putting green will be swirling with putters as people can try out 5 or 50 if they choose.

4pm-5pm – Contest TBD
Contest and prize to be named later.

1015768449_CPrc2-S.jpg

Evening - THP Dinner 8:00pm
THP is hosting a banquet style dinner for everybody, on us, where all of the participants can relax and unwind and have food and drinks with fellow THP'ers. The Villas of Grand Cypress Golf Resort has been gracious in assisting us in putting together a menu that we think everybody will enjoy. This is the chance for us to get dressed up a little, and enjoy the food and company as well as the wonderful surroundings. Of course it wouldn't be a THP event without a contest as well!

Saturday
Morning - Round of Golf
The group will be playing a course TBD (one day will be the New Course). After the round of golf, you will be able to enjoy the rest of the amenities that The Villas of Grand Cypress has to offer, or spend some time with Mickey or tee it up again on one of their fine golf courses. There is unlimited golf so a 2nd round is already included in your nightly room rate!

Dinner
Dinner Saturday evening is up to each participant. You can eat at any of the fine establishments at The Villas of Grand Cypress, or make a meal right in your room or leave the grounds and eat elsewhere. Being so close to Disney the food choices are endless.

Sunday
Morning - Round of Golf
Course is TBD but one round will be played on the New Course. After the round of golf, you will be able to enjoy the rest of the amenities that The Villas of Grand Cypress has to offer, or spend some time with Mickey or tee it up again on one of their fine golf courses. There is unlimited golf so the 2nd round is already included in your nightly room rate!

Evening
Dinner Sunday for those that are still around is up to each participant. You can eat at any of the fine establishments at The Villas of Grand Cypress, or make a meal right in your room or leave the grounds and eat elsewhere. Being so close to Disney the food choices are endless.

i-ZTXvD8K-L.jpg

What's It Cost
Single: $299.00 - Per Night
Double: $207.50 - Per Night

These are 4 bedroom/4bathroom Villas with a fully equipped kitchen and living room. Each room can hold 2 people so there will be a total of 8 people in 1 villa but each room is like being in a hotel with their own private bathroom.

**If you are golfing then the above rates will remain the same for the duration of your stay, however long that is. If you are staying but NOT golfing the rate is $199**

The prices above include:
UNLIMITED GOLF during length of stay
Unlimited practice balls prior to play
Club storage and cleaning and use of locker facilities
Use of the Academy of Golf driving range and 3 regulation golf holes
9-hole Pitch 'n Putt course
Internal Resort shuttle service
Also, scheduled shuttle transportation to Walt Disney World, SeaWorld and Universal Studios.
All Taxes and resort fees*
American breakfast daily

* Porterage: Porterage is a one time charge, that is the only thing not included in the package. These baggage handling charges are $10.00 plus 6.5% tax, which includes $5.00 arrival and $5.00 departure. (This is a one time, per person charge). This is for the bellmen for handling all your luggage including your golf bags. Over all budget for a typical stay on Friday and Saturday would come out to $425.00 including, Golf, Double Rooms, (2) Breakfast (1) Dinner on THP (our banquet).

**rates are per person, per night including Tax and Resort Fee. Resort Charge: A Resort Charge, per room, per night is included in all guestrooms utilized and included in the above rates. The Resort Service Fee the use of Resort
amenities and villa housekeeping service staff. Amenities included in the resort fee are the
availability of high speed wireless internet services in all sleeping rooms, use of the Academy
of Golf driving range and three regulation golf holes, the 9-hole Pitch 'n Putt course, daily Golf Demo Center on the Golf Club driving range, free parking on entire Villas of Grand Cypress Golf Resort, internal Resort shuttle service, use of the health club, access to the
tennis/racquet courts, rock climbing wall, bicycles and boats, morning newspaper delivery, inroom coffee, local telephone calls, toll free telephone calls and premium cable channels (i.e. HBO, Showtime, etc.
18% GRATUITY IS INCLUDED IN ALL FOOD AND BEVERAGES PURCHASED ON SITE

The cost is broken down by golfer per room.
Examples - If a husband and wife are coming and both golfing the cost would be $415 + the one time $20 porterage ($10 per person) per person per night. If that same husband and wife are coming and only one of them is golfing, the cost would be $299.00 for both of them per night + the one time porterage fee. It is based on the # of golfers per room.

If you are a single golfer the cost would be $207.50 per night plus the one time porterage fee.

The cost includes Unlimited Golf, Room, Breakfast each day, THP Dinner, Demo Day, & Range Balls. Other meals and drinks are not included.

Each room is equipped with a full kitchen so guests are more than welcome to cook food in their room as well as store beverages.

i-bMMGqDh-L.jpg

Things to Know
Contests
THP will be holding contests throughout the event for many items. Based on play and other fun ideas we have including bringing the THP Prize Wheel back and some other really incredible contests.

Skill Levels
All THP Golf Outings are for golfers of all skill levels. Nobody will ever be discriminated based on the way they play the game. It is about fun, meeting incredible people, and trying new equipment all at one of the world's best settings for golf.

Stay & Play
This is a Stay & Play Event and is only available for those that choose to sign up for the outing and are staying on property.

THP Members Only
The 3rd Annual THP Golf Outing & Demo Day is available for THP members only and family of THP members. If a member would like to invite a friend we ask that they please sign up for the forum first. This outing is not open to the general public and will once again be no sales reps allowed. It is something that our members loved about the previous outings and we are keeping it this way again.

The 3rd Annual THP Golf Outing & Demo Day is only available to a maximum of 60 golfers (as of right now). We are limiting it for a reason, so if you are planning on going, you must sign up by contacting Golfer Gal via email so that we can add you to the list. golfergal@thehackersparadise.com. Sign up will begin at 12pm EST on Wednesday June 8, 2011.

Once you sign up, you will receive instructions on booking your room through the resort.

Misc.
Anybody under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Rates will be extended for those that want to check in or check out early or late.
THP Outings are available for golfers of all skill levels and men and women alike.

Orlando is home to 'The Happiest Place on Earth' Disney World! There is also amazing shopping and restaurants so there is truly something for everyone.

To check out this fabulous resort go to their website at http://www.grandcypress.com/

The Competition
This will be a team event and teams will be made up of 6 golfers.
Each team will consist of skill levels across the board.
Participants will be playing as a team to earn points for the winning, however most rounds will not be with teammates.
Scoring formats may differ slightly between rounds.
Each team will form a team name once selected.
Rankings will be posted at the resort and the THP Website after each day's play is completed.
There will be prize(s) for the winning team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to try to make that one!

Hells yeah!!! I'm in!! Already have my own savings account set up! Woot

better start saving and thinking of an excuse to tell the wife as to why I am having to goto the States for a week

Can I sign up now:D

Would be cool to try and make this one if the dates work for me.

I already told the wife that we'll be in attendance next year!

Wow! Very cool announcement. Another great location to hold one of the best weekends ever. Can't wait to hear more details. Definitely exciting stuff.

WOW! You guys set a bar, then just keep raising it year after year. I love that this is in Orlando and I cannot wait to find out more details. Thanks for all the hard work and preparation.

Looks like a great spot JB.
I'm really looking forward to attending this one.

Video looks nice - I WILL be there in 2012!!

Wow, awesome!!

We are on pace to be hosted at Augusta by 2016

Geez JB, the 2011 Outing isn't even over for AG and myself and you've already announced the 2012 Outing?? :D

We'll be trying our darnedest to try to attend!!

Man o man! Im in. You knew this though lol! I couldnt agree with TC more right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The money is already put away!

BOOM! count me IN!

im excited and its still a year away!! lol pleanty of time to get extra $$$

Wow, the announcement already? I am definitely going to try to make this one.

Wouldn't be too difficult to talk Mrs. Griff into a trip down there.

I may just have to try and attend this one. This outing sounds like a real fun time.

Grand Cypress was amazing when JB and I played there last month. This will be something incredibly special. Nice job!

Is it wrong I already checked flight prices and viewed their website?

Have to say, Orlando is much easier and cheaper to fly into for Canadians. Hard to argue with $650 a person return and that's before any seat sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back