BMW PGA Championship [spoilers]

I think he creamed a spectator and got a good break.

Hopefully for him thats true, oh he's got a good lie, this is still anyones game.

All over

Are you happy that Donald is now No#1 because he play primarily on the PGA Tour?

How anti-climactic. Poor Lee, he over-workabilitied that one.

What a shot by Donald and that was just a tough break for Toothy. Congrats to world number 1 LukeyD and somewhere in PA Thainer just lost it.

What a shot by Donald and that was just a tough break for Toothy. Congrats to world number 1 LukeyD and somewhere in PA Thainer just lost it.

hahaha, poor thainer's girlfriend.

That was a bad break but them's the breaks.

All over

Are you happy that Donald is now No#1 because he play primarily on the PGA Tour?

No, 5 minutes from now the same people will start hollering how Donald hasn't won anything/doesn't deserve #1. Same tired argument. Dude earned it on the course, in a playoff, and took it from the former #1. He earned enough in my book.

I love seeing players and their families. Love it.

I think someone would be a blooming idiot to argue that Luke Donald doesn't deserve the #1. He's been the best golfer in 2011.

Congrats to Luke as well. He's earned it.

I am proud of Lee though, even though he didn't win it, he never quit. He was 8 shots off the lead after round 1, he fought back, put himself in contention. Good on him.

Especially when the players families look like luke Donaldson wife ;)

Great stuff. Honestly, is anyone surprised?

Two shots. 93 yards and and 95 yards out. Lee Westwood and Luke Donald. Who would you take? Donald is money from that range.

Same here, Luke's little girl is just too cute.

Congratulations to Luke Donald on the win and going to #1 in the world, get ready for all of the questions of why he hasn't won a major yet!

And, even though I'm not a Westwood fan in the least, gotta' feel for the guy.

Donald deserved it, and I would have banked on him making birdie from 100 yards. Westwood never let up though and at least made it an exciting finish .
Fantastic.

Nice to see Lee shoot a 68 when it mattered. Still can't believe he missed that frapping putt! This is awesome! I like this golf course.

Really? I would think his past as a fan of his would tell you that it should not be surprising. As great as he has been, look at his last win on the PGA Tour and his last chances at winning big events. The putter has let him down time and time again.

I think someone would be a blooming idiot to argue that Luke Donald doesn't deserve the #1. He's been the best golfer in 2011.

Congrats to Luke as well. He's earned it.

I am proud of Lee though, even though he didn't win it, he never quit. He was 8 shots off the lead after round 1, he fought back, put himself in contention. Good on him.

Definitely could be argued that way, but I am not sure one could say it cannot be argued. Id say as of right now, he deserves it, but at the same time, I would say that if consistency is the name of game, why isn't toothy still #1? He has just as many wins and since the debate has always been consistency, has there been anybody more consistent over the last 24 months than toothy?

In my opinion they got it right for a brief window here. I dont think he will hold the spot for very long, but he and then Westwood at #2 is hard to argue against right now....Good times to be a golf fan, lots of great players that can win and fold each and every week. Great finish to a great tournament.

Wow watched the end of this tournament and can't believe it. World 1 and 2 in a playoff for no. 1. Very exciting, great golfing. Congrats to Donald on win and new no. 1.

Sheesh. You'd think it was my bday or something.

Glad to see Luke flatout snatch the no1 spot right out of Lees hands.

I think he reigns for longer than toothy and Kaymer combined. But I've been wrong before and wrong again I'm sure.

Congrats to the new world's number 1. Great golf.

I don't care who #1 anymore. I'm just glad that 2-3 players seem to have a chance it every week now. I think it makes watching golf more compelling. Congrats to LD!

Next week is The Memorial. I was going to say that I wouldn't be surprised if we have a new #1 next Sunday. But, I just saw that Donald and Mickelson are the only Top 5 players in the field. AND WE ALL KNOW HOW LEFTY DOES WHEN HE HAS A CHANCE AT #1!?!?!?!

In my opinion they got it right for a brief window here. I dont think he will hold the spot for very long, but he and then Westwood at #2 is hard to argue against right now....Good times to be a golf fan, lots of great players that can win and fold each and every week. Great finish to a great tournament.

Perfectly put. I agree.

What a finish to a great tournament. What more can you ask than a playoff for not only the tournament, but the number 1 spot too? Props to Luke for really coming through. I'll admit to a few doubts about him after his last playoff, but he threw one right at the flag on 18 and Westwood would have struggled for a half on that no matter what. Bit unfortunate to see his approach get wet.

The changes to the course have really made this a tough and exciting tournament, but I'd like to see them make a few more, primarily to 17 and 18. I see what they were trying to do, but they didn't get the risk/reward balance right. Just about nobody went for the green in 2 on either of these. Too risky when there is so much money at stake.

The changes to the course have really made this a tough and exciting tournament, but I'd like to see them make a few more, primarily to 17 and 18. I see what they were trying to do, but they didn't get the risk/reward balance right. Just about nobody went for the green in 2 on either of these. Too risky when there is so much money at stake.

Plenty of people took on the green in the coverage I saw, I think pretty much everyone went for 17 in 2 and there were a few that went for 18 too, Darren Clarke on Saturday for sure as he lipped out for eagle.

I agree with what you are saying though, but the 18th is a much better hole than it was previously. Remove the ditch from the fairway and you will have more players going for it in 2

Plenty of people took on the green in the coverage I saw, I think pretty much everyone went for 17 in 2 and there were a few that went for 18 too, Darren Clarke on Saturday for sure as he lipped out for eagle.

I agree with what you are saying though, but the 18th is a much better hole than it was previously. Remove the ditch from the fairway and you will have more players going for it in 2

I was specifically referring to those in with a shout of winning, and I guess I'm perhaps harsh on 17. I agree that 18 is better, but I still think they could tweak it for next time, just to give the guys that little doubt about whether or not to hit it!

Great tournament. This is fast becoming a must watch for me. Felt bad for Lee as that was a nice golf shot that didn't deserve to go in the drink. But then again he was not draining the putt and Luke was so probably same result. I have a feeling Donald will be holding on to the top spot for a little bit. He's been very consistent. If he could just develop any sort of driver swing he would be deadly.

Paulo didn't Westwood go for it on 17?

Great tournament. This is fast becoming a must watch for me. Felt bad for Lee as that was a nice golf shot that didn't deserve to go in the drink. But then again he was not draining the putt and Luke was so probably same result. I have a feeling Donald will be holding on to the top spot for a little bit. He's been very consistent. If he could just develop any sort of driver swing he would be deadly.

Paulo didn't Westwood go for it on 17?

He did go for it on 17 and put himself in jail.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I was specifically referring to those in with a shout of winning, and I guess I'm perhaps harsh on 17. I agree that 18 is better, but I still think they could tweak it for next time, just to give the guys that little doubt about whether or not to hit it!

The contenders didn't really put there drives into a position where they could go for the green in 2 though

Back