What did you win playing golf?

In league play: first place plaque, second place plaque, low net score plaque, numerous skins
Outings: Titleist cart bag (raffle prize)
Friend's tournament (3 groups): 2 first place trophies
Company outing: Hacker's Trophy (last place team)

I have won my work tournament twice. It is a 4 person scramble, I got greens fees for nine holes at the course the holds the tournament. I've also won closest to the pin and longest drive both times I only got a water bottle with the college I work for's logo.

--$50 pro shop gift certificate for closest-to-pin about 10 years ago. ($50 didn't buy much in that pro shop, even then.)

--Won a bunch of various prizes for finishing 1, 2 or 3 in scrambles. Mostly small cash prizes and free rounds.

Won a Never Compromise Gambler putter at the recent 2011 THP outing.

Last month at an outing, played a scramble with Spank818 and took 3rd place which got us a free round at a local course. Also won a Closest to the Pin contest and got a free round at another local track. And won a door prize which was a free Bionic glove!

Yeah, May was a good golf month!

nothing in 2011 so far. Missed out on 3rd tier 3rd place in our first capt and crew this year. Last season I won a raffle for an Exotics Driver.

Biggest thing I've ever won is our pairs league last year (on the back of my huge handicap).

A couple of years back I won an Odyssey putter at a company tourney. That was fun.

tap tap tap...

In my men's league this year i've accumulated about $75 in Clubhouse credit placing in the top 3 in my flight a couple times. Won some swag from the high school I teach at, we won the scramble there a couple weeks ago. And thats about it so far for this season! Hopefully will be accumulating a little more!

Of course I've won a couple other things this year golf related, but not while playing like the Mizuno contest here at THP and some KBS shafts on facebook!

I won a new avatar!!

I've never won anything playing golf, and really the list of things I've won outside of golf wouldn't be something I'd need more than 1 hand to count. I have terrible luck when it comes to contests.

Won a little money in our weekly blitz over the past few weeks and won a bottle of wine (I don't drink) for a close up in a scramble a couple of weeks ago. Than is just the last few weeks. The most money I have ever won in a tournament is $250, and the list goes on too long to list all the money, clubs, passes, gift cards shoebags, ect.

Last year: more than $800 along with a very nice first place trophy in a match play event and a second place finish in my flight in the club championship. A second and third place finish in two Mass Golf Association events along with $125 in gift cards.

So far this year: $90.

Where do you find tournys and stuff to enter.?

I now tap while I talk

35 bucks of golf shop credit by winning our ladies scramble. I am a long hitter so I was very happy to help cause most of the balls chosen to play were mine - good day out there!

Let's see...I have won an 18 pack of Pinnacles, gloves, shoe bags, golf bag (staff and stand), shoes, shirts, rounds of golf and that was all yesterday:alien2: Not really but I have over the years been lucky enough to win these items with the help of various partners. Last year was a banner year for swagg from scrambles...

Where do you find tournys and stuff to enter.?

I now tap while I talk

Through work, through friends and flyers at golf shops are the most common ways.

The hearts of American golf fans. If I haven't yet, I plan to in August.

Kevin

A couple trophies haha. No junior tournaments have cash prizes :sad:

Oh, and I did win a bushnell neo + from this great site, but I didn't play to win that.

Won £7 for longest drive on Roman Road Celtic Manor and £7 closest to the pin on the 2010 course on three day trip to Celtic Manor!

won $25 cash this weekend placing 2nd in a 4man scramble. There were only 14 teams but I'm still proud!

I have one a few lunches, drinks, and cigars from the pals. Won a $500 gift card in a raffle after a scramble. Was about 6 inches short of the cup to win a Harley once but what the saying almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

Won a few junior trophies and a Practice bag full of balls. This was years ago though, haven't won anything for years now

Won:
$30 shop credit for 3rd in May
$14 skins in May
$20 shop credit for a T4 last week
$16 skins in June (EDIT UPDATE WINNNGS)

Lost
$2 to buddy in $3 nassau with $1 birdies, this past Sunday

Played in a women's invitational at River Forest today. There were 24 teams. We won first place gross in our flight with -9. Won an $80 gift certificate to the pro shop and used it towards the purchase of a Titleist Vokey 54° wedge.

Back