The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use a cheap temp prob to get the internal temp on a nice thick file. I pull mine at 150, but Liz likes 165 degrees.

Tap,Tap,Tap

So pissed- I use my laser on occasion to get exact measurements to pins on te range- and par3's.

Well I lost it on #12 yesterday- went to grab it for #17 and it was gone.

I drove back looking asked the guys behind me if they found- of course not.

Told the pro shop as I left- they took down my name but told me the odds weren't in my favor.

Called back today ask if any luck- they say oh we found one- but Gary picked it up last night.

Are you serious?!? Wtf is Gary. They said they didn't have my name only his- called him and he came and gr the tour v2... The exact laser I lost.

I am fuming right now.... That's my laser... I asked for Gary numberthey say they can't give it out.
I'm a heartbeat away from calling the police ... It was a $300 laser....

So the pro shop loses my name and calls him??!?

What would you do?

At this point I would call the police and make Gary show his recept.

Tap,Tap,Tap

that sucks CG! do you know the guy's name who you left your info with? I'd be asking for management and this guys head.

CG, take it right to the pro shop face to face. If that doesn't work, take it to the club GM. At some point down the line, if you're visibly pissed off enough (but reasonable), they are bound to work with you. If not, start throwing in suggestions that you might contact the authorities with the information made available. That'll make it easier to find out who this Gary dude is!

Sorry you had to deal with that man. Pisses me off that people can't be honest.

i've got new responsibilities at work...does that mean I can ask for more $?

No, the rewarding feeling of doing a great job should be just plenty. Don't get greedy on us now.

No, the rewarding feeling of doing a great job should be just plenty. Don't get greedy on us now.

good gawd I hope you are joking...How am I going to pay for more golf if they don't give me more $? I should restate that the new responsibilities were brought on by me and they are in addition to what I was doing. I figured it could help pad my resume.

There's no I in team. Who needs golf when you have work anyway? Now get back to the grind!

No, this is the part of your contract/application that under job desription says 'other duties as assigned'

I should restate that the new responsibilities were brought on by me and they are in addition to what I was doing. I figured it could help pad my resume.

If you didn't ask for a pay raise initially with the new responsibilities, then I don't think it's right to ask for the raise.

No, this is the part of your contract/application that under job desription says 'other duties as assigned'

The last few post have got me Lol'ing. I'm going through the same BS here now, I've been doing stuff behind the scenes in order to have a valid argument when I go in and ask for my posistion to be regraded at a higher level. Only to find out that the higher ups have already noticed my extra work and are working to regrade me. Hooray for senor me!

The last few post have got me Lol'ing. I'm going through the same BS here now, I've been doing stuff behind the scenes in order to have a valid argument when I go in and ask for my posistion to be regraded at a higher level. Only to find out that the higher ups have already noticed my extra work and are working to regrade me. Hooray for senor me!

Woohoo...

I'm hearing through the grapevine that I may not have to ask for a raise either...it's a small company so they try to take care of everyone.

Honestly Hawks, if small companies were constantly giving people more work and using that "Other duties as assigned" :poop: that creates a horrible work environment.

If I don't get a raise and new job title, oh well. Just another thing to add to my list of "If you wanted me to stay..."

Last edited:
All in jest, of course. Hopefully you can get a little more cashflow ;)

All in jest, of course. Hopefully you can get a little more cashflow ;)

all in jest sucks over the interzweb!

I hear ya but with the way the economy and job markets are today the co's can do a lot of stuff they couldn't do before knowing that there aren't as many option to leave for. and it's not just smal co's...big ones do it too

Woohoo...

I'm hearing through the grapevine that I may not have to ask for a raise either...it's a small company so they try to take care of everyone.

Honestly Hanks, if small companies were constantly giving people more work and using that "Other duties as assigned" :poop: that creates a horrible work environment.

If I don't get a raise and new job title, oh well. Just another thing to add to my list of "If you wanted me to stay..."

all in jest sucks over the interzweb!

Rule of thumb for Hawk: If it's not about equipment or golf in general I am probably not being serious ;)

Woohoo...

Honestly Hanks, if small companies were constantly giving people more work and using that "Other duties as assigned" :poop: that creates a horrible work environment.

I work a huge organization, and we always have the worst job satisfaction ratings, yet not many people leave because they like the mission. Rock:hello:Hard place

Rule of thumb for Hawk: If it's not about equipment or golf in general I am probably not being serious ;)

:whew:

I'll save my sarcasm and antics till I have a bit more time on this board.

You really should come to an outing, dude!

I plan on it...I'm really liking the community here. I go to cigar gatherings (aka HERFs) all the time. LOL I've even planned some of my vacations around certain cigar events from the forums. Sometimes you just get lucky and get in with good people.

@hawkthehacker I had Panera for lunch today. :angel:

I can't stop bouncing my legs around... Working all day while thinking about golfing is about to drive me nuts.

Oh well. Off to play in less than an hour wooooot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back