Nike 20Xi Golf Ball

What's funny is that my local course has these in the pro shops yet I haven't found one on the course sadly but when I do ill be sure it'll be the next shot I'll have

haven't heard anything but good things around this ball

What's funny is that my local course has these in the pro shops yet I haven't found one on the course sadly but when I do ill be sure it'll be the next shot I'll have

haven't heard anything but bad things around this ball

Rockmanor?

I now tap while I talk

haven't heard anything but bad things around this ball

Might want to read through this thread then. Lots of really good things being said about this ball.

Rockmanor?

Johnathans landing
Just a local course but like going down south better(rookery, heritage shores)

Might want to read through this thread then. Lots of really good things being said about this ball.

Wow I meant "good" I read a bunch of these pages and I don't know why I said bad haha

I found an 20XI-X and didn't care for the feel of it. Maybe I'd like the "S".

I am a sweeper, and I was given one of these balls to try today by a friend. I used it for 3 holes before I put it in my bag to use as just a practice ball. I was not impressed at all with how it felt off the driver. I have been playing the Penta for a while now and I love how it seems to bounce right off my driver and irons, and the 20XI just felt a little heavier off the driver. I also did not feel like it spun any better than the Penta. Finally, it was scuffed pretty good in 3 spots after just 3 holes. There is no way I am paying $45 for a dozen balls that I can only use for 3 holes. It made me appreciate my Penta even more when I put it back in play.

I won't pay the titleist, srixon, or bridgestone price to play a ball made in a show factory. That's not a joke either... only ball made in a shoe factory.

Really?
Love to know where your information came from.
I suppose that over the last decade you wouldnt play a ball made in a tire factory either right?

Tire factory balls are for non-serious golfers who don't walk and can't workability the ball. Me? I will just take by Bridgestones and... wait.

That made me laugh.

That made me laugh.

I try.

Skim alert, but will you be publishing an official review for these, JB?

Waiting for regular samples to have the review done.

I gotcha. I am gonna see if I can find a sleeve of these. Been looking but no luck. May beg the pro shop to order a box or two.

I liked the ball. I played the 20XI-X - it plays a lot like the prov1x except with a skin like the prov1. My Vr wedge chopped it up to bits.

I should add though that the skin coming off is a result of the Vr wedge, not the ball. My wedge kills almost every soft cover ball.

I enjoy this ball both versions and I have experienced no durability issues. I think alot of it has to do with the grooves like the vr and jaws wedges. Its a great ball but I think alot of companies are making a great ball, it just depends on what you like.

I enjoy this ball both versions and I have experienced no durability issues. I think alot of it has to do with the grooves like the vr and jaws wedges. Its a great ball but I think alot of companies are making a great ball, it just depends on what you like.

If it helps... I was shreading balls even on pitches with my Vr Forged wedges, but had no issues with my old Pint Tour Ws or with the Nike Vr Pro wedges (so far). The ball cover is definitely easier to shred than most, but the Vr wedges definitely will have something to do with it... I should also note I'm more of a sweeper and rarely have durability issues...

I looked in two proshops as well as at PGA Tour Superstore...neither carried the Nike 20Xi balls. I want try these, but if I can't find them... Nike needs to get on this!

Played in a charity tournament (shotgun) yesterday with the 20xi-x. It may be due to the lesson that I had a month ago, but this ball is long. Really long. I didn't notice a sound difference off the driver, but I really like the sound off my irons. Like a lot.

I'm not a spinner, or terribly accurate or really much of anything, but I hit a couple of 6-irons into greens yesterday and this ball didn't move forward much after hitting the green the first time. It even only hopped about 10 feet with a well-struck 5-iron.

I struggle with accuracy off the driver, but this ball did go nice and straight (unless I really crackered one). Penetrating ball flight.

Durability is much better than the S, but worse than the One Tour D which I've been playing. This is my new game ball.

New Nike Balls 20XI X-S

New Nike Balls 20XI X-S

Has anyone hit the new 20XI X-S Balls? Is Club head speed the single most important thing to have this ball perform well?

Last edited:
Found one today. Hit it 5 times. 3 shots were horrible, my swing not the ball. The other two were nothing special.

I have yet to hit these, but I'm very interested in the 20XI line of balls. Can't wait to see some of the feedback people have here.

Found one today. Hit it 5 times. 3 shots were horrible, my swing not the ball. The other two were nothing special.

Nah, we all know its the arrow, never the Indian....LOL

I haven't hit these yet, but I got a box of them for Father's Day and I will let you know soon!

Has anyone hit the new 20XI X-S Balls? Is Club head speed the single most important thing to have this ball perform well?

Merged with a huge thread on the exact same topic.

Thanks JB, now I have to read through 24 pages to see if both of my questions have been answered, always the helpful moderator. Off to page one………….

I posted a few thoughts on this ball a few days ago after a friend gave me one to try. While overall I do not care for the ball as much as some others, I must say that it does go far! I only used it on a few holes yesterday and on every hole I had a great drive, and then overshot the green with my approach. Distance is good with this ball, but it just does not hold up well. A ball will only last a few holes at most. After playing with it for a few holes it was badly scuffed, and then I switched back to my Penta and used the same ball for my last 15 holes and it still looks decent.

Still havent found any of these out on the course yet, hoping to soon, would like to see how they play

Going to give these a try again this weekend. Going for lucky number 4 hopefully. The first three, I liked the performance, but durability was downright below average as shown by my pictures. We will see how this round goes. Going to play two balls and see what comes out of it.

Back