2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

If the participants don't already use the CS line when they are chosen, they are going to LOVE it for this!

Jeez! Spin monster!
May have been that thick sea level air and that I had a lot of wedge, 9, and 8 iron shots Haha. I was hitting my distances but it was just ripping back.

After spending a brief amount of time in the CSXLS TT, I knew it just want for me. The spin rate wasn’t high enough for me for the driver and irons on approaches. It also was a touch firm compared the CSXTT.

Finley and the crew were spot on keeping the CSX basically the same from 2020&2021 models.

I really like the standard csx. It has been working great for me this year so far. Just that one round so far has been interesting..

I am team CSX for the near future!

It's not by choice. It's by necessity. But I'm grateful for the option to turn my back on my beloved ball for a few more days. 'Braska bound soon though, and expect to use the LS to decimate those prairie dogs I call my old friends. :D

Played close to perfect golf today with the CSX. Best score of the season so far (though I played one up tees). The only thing I don't see that others are is performance in the wind. I got eaten up a couple times even clubbing up more than I thought I should. LS is much better for me in the wind but the X was perfect on those short little nippers today when I missed the green that I can't seem to do consistently with the LS.

Played close to perfect golf today with the CSX. Best score of the season so far (though I played one up tees). The only thing I don't see that others are is performance in the wind. I got eaten up a couple times even clubbing up more than I thought I should. LS is much better for me in the wind but the X was perfect on those short little nippers today when I missed the green that I can't seem to do consistently with the LS.
Agree with the X around the green makes short game shots fun where as the LS rolls out a bit the X checks up nicely. In the wind was it cross, tail, or head winds you had issues in?

Agree with the X around the green makes short game shots fun where as the LS rolls out a bit the X checks up nicely. In the wind was it cross, tail, or head winds you had issues in?
Head. X holds its line beautifully in cross winds (but so does the LS). For fun I let them know I was dropping a ball to hit just to test something. Same club, same head wind and the LS was at least 10-12 yards farther where I wanted it to be.

Compared the 2022 CS to the Taylormade Tour Response and found that the TR just didn't perform as well. Seemed a little longer off the driver, but also had more spin which made it much harder to control. Even a little side spin sent it well off course. The CS seems to hold the line much better. Also notice that the TR seemed to balloon a little bit.

Liked the softer feel of the TR, but not the performance compared to the CS.

I may have a dilema.....stuck the CSX in the bag for the first time on Saturday and shot a PB with it, but then went out on Sunday and was 8 shots worse, although I am blaming the heat as it was quite hot both days and I struggled yesterday as the round went on

I definitely noticed a difference in how the CSX reacted around the green compared to the LS, so I think I will keep both versions in my bag and which one will be used will depend on the greens at the course I am playing

For those of you that have experienced the standard CS vs the LS, how much different are they off the tee? LS much longer?

Well, with me testing the new JAWS Raw Wedge, I've decided to pick up some CS to do the testing with.
Seems only fair if I'm getting a club from a manufacturer that I use their golf balls. Firm believer in "Karma"
Staying away from CSX LS this time - just didn't like it and I've come accustomed to the 70ish compression ball.
My local DSG still has some USA Truvis that I'll put into play...

The dilemma I am having is the pro shop credit I have sitting in my account. The shop can get CSX, but not in Triple Track.

What to do... what to do?

CSX LS is such a great ball. I will occasionally go back to a Yellow TP5X ball just because it's easier to see for my old eyes, but I never get the performance I get from the LS.

I don't see myself switching anytime soon.

CSX LS is such a great ball. I will occasionally go back to a Yellow TP5X ball just because it's easier to see for my old eyes, but I never get the performance I get from the LS.

I don't see myself switching anytime soon.
LS comes in yellow too 😁

Well, with me testing the new JAWS Raw Wedge, I've decided to pick up some CS to do the testing with.
Seems only fair if I'm getting a club from a manufacturer that I use their golf balls. Firm believer in "Karma"
Staying away from CSX LS this time - just didn't like it and I've come accustomed to the 70ish compression ball.

Like the decision to pair the ball with the club you are testing.(y)(y) I agree with your reason too. I think you will like the CS.

LS comes in yellow too 😁

I know this, but buying the LS driver and a plethora of LS balls in yellow seemed like a good way to get divorced. Especially when I have 5 boxes of the white triple track LS sitting in the garage.

For those of you that have experienced the standard CS vs the LS, how much different are they off the tee? LS much longer?
For me, the CS is a few yards longer and slightly straigher than XLS. The CS is the best wind ball I had ever played...it really just pierces right through it. Admittedly, I dont spin my woods all that much as it is. The XLS is still very good and I have no complaints about the distance at all...this is getting into the nitty gritty. The problem with the CS, for my game, was that it flew LOWER than the XLS off of irons/wedges AND spun less. That was the deal breaker and the reason I'm with the XLS for the remainder of the year.

Let’s get it on 🇺🇸:

6F44D91E-1451-4131-862A-E7BEDCB7921F.jpeg

Last edited:
Was playing in some wind yesterday and not playing the CSXLS. Wanted to try a mid level ball from another OEM.

I soon learned that it wasn't cutting through the wind and floating on me. Switched to the Stars and Stripes XLS and noticed a dramatic improvement on the next par 3.

Green side still amazes me too, can get it to check or hold its own on longer approaches. Don't have to worry about them pulling back too far or rolling out.

After a brief stint with some other balls I have returned to the CSX and TT

After a brief stint with some other balls I have returned to the CSX and TT

I am half tempted to get away from TT just to use pro shop credit, but I love TT.

Back