Golf GPS devices or phone Apps

It's spot on, I have had no problems with using mine at all. I make sure that I download the course aerial pictures before leaving for the course so that I know it is ready to go

Thanks for that, I did wonder about that when having a little play. A new hybrid and a putter coming up with the money saved :D

For-iPhone-4-Car-Charger-Newest-Model-High-Quality-Free-Shipping.summ.jpg

When will they have "cigarette lighters" in golf carts so that we can keep our cell phones charged for an entire 36 holes?

I use my caddie pro (imakepars.com) and it is great, does not drain the battery at all. Best part is you can map your own course on their website..So far it has been amazing and its free

I posted on another thread about this, I use mycaddipro (imakepars.com) for the iphone..it is truly amazing and the best part its free..you can use their website to map a course how you want to map it..other uses have mapped the course but you can change it to meet your own personal needs..Its pretty awesome and does not drain the battery..I have not tried anything on my droid phone as I hate the phone...

iPhone:
Golfshot GPS
Golfplan (Links to Golfshot)
TW My Swing
Diablo Golf (GHIN posting)
PGA Tour
All the major championship apps and the Ryder Cup app
Golf Digest Tips
iSwing (TW app is 100x better)

I just got skydroid for Android.

The data connection is not good on the course, besides, using the radio drains battery, so I just turn data off.

However, this means, while I can get distance to the green, I cannot actually see the map of the course, while out playing, because it is not cached well. Anyone else has this problem, and have you figured out a solution? Is it possible to increase the map cache size and just pre-download the map?

I just got skydroid for Android.

The data connection is not good on the course, besides, using the radio drains battery, so I just turn data off.

However, this means, while I can get distance to the green, I cannot actually see the map of the course, while out playing, because it is not cached well. Anyone else has this problem, and have you figured out a solution? Is it possible to increase the map cache size and just pre-download the map?

Check out the attached video and see if it helps. I have no problems.

DawgDaddy, that is cool, but thwy have a data connection on. I would like to be able to do that in airplane mode. I don't think that is an unreasonable feature to expect.

Anyways, we are not going to resolve it here.

Gamma, I know what you mean about draining the battery. Not so sure about the radio function - If you look at your droid or on the video there are the 5 icons - 1)wi fi, 2) blue tooth, & is the 3rd one the one you mean? is it called radio or data? 4) refresh 5) bright
I thought that one (3) had to be on?
If I can turn that off and get green distances and save battery I may just do that.
With a few calls/texts and checking game scores I am usually dead by the time I hit 17 or 18
TIA

Golfshot gps, tour tempo, PGA tour, swing reader, front 9, golf now, and the best during that week is the masters app

Golf GPS

Golf GPS

Looking to buy a golf GPS. Let me know your opinion if you have one or if the ones you can buy for your iphone are any good? I have heard that the Garmin Approach G5 is the best. Thanks for the help.

Advanced search is your friend, there are so many threads on this subject, just check them out. :thumb:

I like the GPS capability that comes with the OOB 'addict' subscription which has an app for the iphone.

I like the Hybrid that is a GPS and a Range finder. I have both and it stinks to not have the hybrid one....

I have used GolfLogix and GolfShot for the IPhone, both good apps, but I am looking into grabbing the new Callaway Upro MX

Advanced search is your friend, there are so many threads on this subject, just check them out. :thumb:

Please do, we have a ton of threads on GPS and a lot of reviews on the home page.

Check out the Golf Guru. I truly belive it is the most accurate GPS. What is the point of using a GPS if it might be 5-10yds off?

golflogix app for iphone

golflogix app for iphone

I couldn't find any post on this so I figured I would ask.

Does anyone use this app or have tried it in the past? I see that there is the free version that seems to give distances to the middle of the green and then you can update to the full version for $20 that will give you everything (at least it seems). I have never really used a gps before playing last week at a course that had one in the cart and have become a little intrigued recently. If I could get one on the cheap and on my phone then that would be a win win.

I had it on my blackberry. Some will tell you otherwise, but phone GPS apps eat up your battery. You may have enough battery to finish a round, but it's very likely that you won't be able to actually use it as a phone much before or after.

You can get a cheap GPS like the Neo or Swami by Izzo that will be better imo.

I have it. I also have the addict account on Oob golf. I love the oob because I can track all my stats and get gps in one app. The battery use is pretty minimal. After a 4.5 hour round I still have 60% battery left.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

It's not that hard on your battery as long as you use the lock button to turn your screen off in between shots. I used the free version of GolfLogix for the first time Sunday and only used about 12% of my battery for 9 holes.

I use it and love it. if I'm playing by myself on a weekday, I will usually have about 50% battery left when I'm done. I'm playing with a group and am using it to give them distances also, it uses most of the battery.

I use this app(free version) regularly on my iphone and am very happy with it. just remember to lock your phone in between shots as well as to shut of your wireless. I am sure there are better apps out there but this one works for me. I have used a couple of others but where I play some courses weren't on them and this one seems to have the best list of courses on it for me.

I used it two weeks ago with my Motorola Atrix and it drained my battery (and I was locking the screen between use). I'll vouch that the free version is definitely handy and accurate, but my battery was down to 10% left by the time I was on the 14th hole, so I quit the app to retain what was left of my juice.

Back