What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 79 this morning before work, with a triple on #17 (par 5). Hit the ball really well today. Practicing everyday is paying off. I only had one birdie but I had many opportunities.

6/11: Personal Best 78
6/12: 85
6/14: Tournament Best 81

6/11: Personal Best 78
6/12: 85
6/14: Tournament Best 81

Good job buddy! You just keep getting stronger and better so watch out Georgia Junior golfers . Clay is on the prowl :thumb:

Had a not so good today. I am just returning to the course so it was a huge struggle all day for me. Shot a 44/39 for an 83.

3 Doubles
8 Fairways
7 Greens

83 here too. Par 70 course. 4 doubles....most infuriating. Struck the ball lovely though. Just didnt take enough club to clear a hedge which caused me pain, then had a 190 yard par three playing into a gale to contend with. Back to back doubles never nice.

I got shut out today. Went to my home course.... tournament. 3 other courses - 1 other tournament and then leagues started on the other two. Not very happy about this afternoon.

6,375 yards Par 72 70.3/125

Shot an 87 (40/47) with 30 putts (5 one putts) and 3 penalties

Had my all time 9 hole low of 40 today on the front 9 thanks to a solid tee game for once (9/14 fairways with 2 misses being in the first cut). The day started off birdie, par, par, par, par for me and then I rode the bogey train the rest of the way with 3 doubles mixed in. Had my all time low putt total as well thanks to some key par saving putts and bogey saving putts. I seemed to really read the greens well today and my speed and line were all right on. I'll take that on a course I never played before.

On the front 9 I seemed to score well and was patient with my shots and was always picking the right club and hitting the shots. Course management does work every now and then. I only pulled driver once on the front and relied a lot on my 3w and Mashies as the front 9 was pretty narrow on this course. The back 9 was more difficult even though it was wider than the front 9 but my tee game was still solid. I pulled driver 4 times on the back and hit 2 fairways but wasn't in too much trouble with the misses. On the back 9 I seemed to be in between clubs more often than not on approach shots and even when I seemed to pick the club my shots were all long or not holding the green like they were on the front 9. I also seemed to find a bunker on every other hole too and thankfully they didn't hurt me too much. Chunked/bladed a few wedge approach shots as well which made me feel like I left a good 3-5 shots out there regardless of my score.

Even though my back was sore from the chiropractor last night, I managed to have a good day. I think my back forced me to swing easier with more control as opposed to trying to get after a shot and the result was more focus on ball striking. Overall I was happy with the round

All-star clubs for me were the 3w, Mashie M4, and the putter.

Great round buddy! Glad to hear that your back is allowing you to play

44/38
teeshots are absolutely killing me
still playing the left side of the course cuz i cant get a handle on taming my pull/hooks off the tee
since the teeshots were atrocious... it made approach shots really difficult
i did however have a BOMB of a 5i from 230 that reached the front collar of the green(i was actually laying up*fail*)lol
when i did eventually reach the greens (especially on the back) i was a putting machine
some were 1 putt tap ins but others were 40 footers that just found the hole everytime

why cant i put a complete game together from tee to green? arrrrgghhh

Some good scores and comments happening, congrats CC, Lefty, Hanks, JB, CM on your good scores and especially bc on breaking 100 for the 1st time, that is a huge accomplishment WTG.

Thanks Mike,i am also Mike btw! Played the Ryder cup course at Celtic Manor last Tues! What an experience! Only my tenth game of golf since taking up the sticks for 20yrs!

oh man, that had to be an awesome experience!

Went out and played mens night and me and my partner shot a -3 33 for Net Best Ball. Wasn't that good of a performance by either of us. I shot a 40 with just no tee game today. Was just hitting rediculous slices. I only hit 1 fairway with the driver today and the other 2 with a hybrid and an iron.

80 on a 7,044 yards 75.9 rating par 72. My best day on the green in a damn long time with only 28 putts.

I shot a 79 today with 4 double boggies, 3 birds and 3 boggies. My doubles all came from missing the green and three putting. Two came from 107 yds out from the hole. :banghead:

Solid, uneventful and boring 69. Won 30 bucks from my partners. :)

Solid, uneventful and boring 69. Won 30 bucks from my partners. :)

I don't think I have ever heard that phrase uttered before.

Shot 80 today, 39/41. Had a double and a triple, and missed some "easy" putts. Couldve gone low, but felt good with my game overall.

Shot 80 today, 39/41. Had a double and a triple, and missed some "easy" putts. Couldve gone low, but felt good with my game overall.

Pretty solid with a double and triple. Going to be some great scores posted by you this summer for sure Jeff.

uffda, yesterday I played 18 at a course I've never played with rentals. At least this time around the rentals had steel shafts in the irons, but still reg flex woods.

So, I shot a 51 on the front, and brought that around to a 40 on the back. I was extremely pleased that I didn't fade as the day went on and actually finished with my only birdie of the day on 18. It was brutal getting it going though but the back 9 was one of my best 9s of the year!

twas a good day.

Pretty solid with a double and triple. Going to be some great scores posted by you this summer for sure Jeff.

Thanks, all of the practice is paying off. The double was on a Par 5 that I needed to par to validate 3 skins, very frustrating! I'm going to keep practicing everyday so hopefully the scores keep going down. I can't wait to test the Nike VR Pro Combos, it will be interesting to see how I score with them.

94 today. Long waits on every shot until we talked the twosome behind us to join up with us around hole #5. We didn't have to wait after that, but we always saw the group ahead. 48-46, I think it was the worst I have shot on the back nine. Had 5 doubles and a triple.

94 today. Long waits on every shot until we talked the twosome behind us to join up with us around hole #5. We didn't have to wait after that, but we always saw the group ahead. 48-46, I think it was the worst I have shot on the back nine. Had 5 doubles and a triple.

Sorry to hear it Smally, I bet the courses were packed everywhere today. Seems like everyone I knew was going out except me today, lol.

shot 46/42
played with a friend who's a scratch golfer and we played the champs tees from the very very back
like as in the end of the teebox on every hole... the true tips lol eeeek
normally wouldnt have a problem but the past few rounds ive been terrible off the tee and today was on and off
didnt do too bad considering my teeshots sucked most of the time
approach shots were challenging since i was very far away and on the left side of the course all day
i had to scramble my butt off and if my putter worked like it did yesterday i woulda scored better
pretty happy considering i lost 2 balls on the back

I did play league last night, talk about up and down. Started out with a nine on my first hole, lol, #4 a long par 5 with a tight little funnel off the box. Clipped a tree and we could not find the ball, so hit again and clipped the same damn tree but we found that one about 40 yards from the box. Struggled through that hole and pulled it back together for a 42. This course is tough anyway, but playing everything as it lies on this course is really a shot in the dark. Areas here that simply must be scraped and dirt brought in, I don't like hitting off partial gravel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back