UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

How's the finish holding up for you guys? I seem to notice a lot of bag marks and scratches on them moreso than the silver color of the original Recoils. Nothing crazy but noticeable.
Hadn’t noticed till you mentioned but it seems to clean up quickly. Shows fingerprints an such more than the originals but they wiped off easily. Something I’ll keep an eye on a little more now and let you know.

Interesting. I haven't noticed that at all.
I could be tripping, and it hasnt been problematic, just was noticeable. Could also just have been stronger wind than i have been in in a while. North Bellingham is more a links style course, wide open to the elements. Always a fun and challenging place to play.

I could be tripping, and it hasnt been problematic, just was noticeable. Could also just have been stronger wind than i have been in in a while. North Bellingham is more a links style course, wide open to the elements. Always a fun and challenging place to play.
Same ball as usual?

I can’t stop coming back to this thread.
Really thinking about just fully committing to graphite for the foreseeable future, since my stroke, and I keep reading about @Golfers Anonymous and I think I might have to follow his lead at some point next year and throw some 90 F3s into the Rogue ST Pros
I am really thinking about them too. I saw an ad that had some Darts for sale but not the right flex on FB.

Same ball as usual?
hmm, actually no...usually play Chrome Soft X and was playing the Srixon Soft Feels I have. I'm not concerned, just made me wonder and makes me want to get on a launch monitor and see how things are. I need to do that anyways, but this just gives me something specific I'm more curious about now.

I haven't been able to get out in over a week to test these more. Round scheduled for Friday morning and its going to be cold so that should be a great test on feel :)

I haven't been able to get out in over a week to test these more. Round scheduled for Friday morning and its going to be cold so that should be a great test on feel :)
Cold is not a big concern for me but heavily thinned shots are. So, still looking forward to this feedback.

Cold is not a big concern for me but heavily thinned shots are. So, still looking forward to this feedback.
I'll see if I can thin a couple for you ;)

I have been playing Recoil DART 90 and 105 this season and so far have had 2 rounds under par. Typically I will see 1 round under par for a season max. Not saying it's only the shafts but my iron play this year has been on point!

Also for the people asking about what to put into their wedges, I play the same weight/flex in my wedges.

Recoil DART 105 F4 in my irons and wedges.

Danny
Stick!

Going to the range tonight to put more swings on these. Really looking forward to it with the way things have been going. Will see how it goes though.

Testers, how has reality matched up with your expectations/preconceived opinion so far? Did you expect something negative/positive that never materialized? Any surprises?

Testers, how has reality matched up with your expectations/preconceived opinion so far? Did you expect something negative/positive that never materialized? Any surprises?

I went in not expecting much difference between the Recoil DARTs and the Recoil 680's I had. I was skeptical that there would be any difference beyond a little weight, to be honest. I've been happy to see that there is quite the difference, and that they feel as good as they do. I feel like it has breathed new life into my irons with how stable and smooth they feel. it's very interesting, but very cool.

The dispersion has been quite the surprise to me. I never imagined a shaft could make much difference in that area. Sure seems, quite a bit better to me so far though.

That's all I've got so far, but I'll keep this in mind in case I'm reminded of anything or encounter any new/different feelings.

I may know a guy who says that they are nowhere near as harsh as the Recoils and especially steel. They’re noticeable obviously but I can’t say enough how well these do for the hands.

Didn't have my best stuff at the range today. Hit some good shots, but also did get to test thinning shots for you @drp3434. :ROFLMAO: I can say that, while you can definitely still feel when you thin it, there is no pain like when I thin it with my steel shafted club. It's just a dull thwack that lets you know you effed up. It was more noticeable with long irons than shorter irons, at least with what I hit today. I did thin a couple wedges (Dynamic Gold s400 shaft) and feel a jolt up to my elbow with those.

Overall though, still very happy with these. even with not great swings I was keeping the ball in front of me, and the good shots just continue to make me smile. Pretty well convinced I want these in my wedges too.

Played a round this morning. It was 41 degrees at tee time. Suffice to say I was not swinging well. The good news is the dart shafts held up just fine and probably saved my cold hands from some pain on thinned shots. Once it warmed up it was back to business but I tested the feel quite a bit the on thin shots this morning as promised 😂

Played a round this morning. It was 41 degrees at tee time. Suffice to say I was not swinging well. The good news is the dart shafts held up just fine and probably saved my cold hands from some pain on thinned shots. Once it warmed up it was back to business but I tested the feel quite a bit the on thin shots this morning as promised 😂
You haven't skipped a beat going from steal to graphite have you? In fact probably exceeded your expectations.

You haven't skipped a beat going from steal to graphite have you? In fact probably exceeded your expectations.
No skipping of beats, actually improved I think. Not even close in the feel department. Definitely exceeded expectations.

I went and hit a bunch of shots side by side with my old irons that have the Recoil DART 90's in them and the new irons that have Recoil 95's in them. It was a good opportunity to compare the feel of the two shafts. The Recoil 95's definitely feel softer than the DARTs and the load point feels to me to be closer to the head whereas the DARTs are just a tad stiffer and the load point feels to be near the middle just a touch on the grip side.

I hit the new iron much longer but my dispersion was a lot tighter on the old irons and I think the DARTs are to thank for that. I'm going to give it a few more weeks but I'm starting to get pretty confident that the DARTs are going to make it into the HMP's sooner rather than later. That's if @Golfers Anonymous will agree to help me out with that again. :D

I went and hit a bunch of shots side by side with my old irons that have the Recoil DART 90's in them and the new irons that have Recoil 95's in them. It was a good opportunity to compare the feel of the two shafts. The Recoil 95's definitely feel softer than the DARTs and the load point feels to me to be closer to the head whereas the DARTs are just a tad stiffer and the load point feels to be near the middle just a touch on the grip side.

I hit the new iron much longer but my dispersion was a lot tighter on the old irons and I think the DARTs are to thank for that. I'm going to give it a few more weeks but I'm starting to get pretty confident that the DARTs are going to make it into the HMP's sooner rather than later. That's if @Golfers Anonymous will agree to help me out with that again. :D
Waiting on you 😁

I love how very one feels dispersion is tighter with the dart shafts. That's what I want!

I appreciate the feedback from multiple people on thinned shots 😂

Round schedules for tomorrow. Going down to sea level. So that will be fun!

Back