The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need to find a membership somewhere close. You'll are making me ponder. Canadian style.

You're right about that one, it's really an excuse TO play golf....I mean heck you already paid for it so you might as well! Question for you, do you catch hell from Mrs. Coolbreeze if you play too much, and how much is too much in her eyes? The old ball and chain is constantly on my case if I try to play/practice too much. My daughters are 11 and 8 so at least my youngest is still at that age where she really likes hanging out with dad so it can be a tough balancing act. Both my kids are getting into golf themselves so I can take them with, that is always helpful with the lovely Mrs!

I have to plan my rounds very carefully. If I go to the driving range to work on my game it is always during my lunch hour at work, and for rounds, I generally play after work on nights that my wife is working, and get one of the many outlaws to watch the boy while I am playing. If I play more than one round a week while we could be spending time together that is too much in her mind.

I thought South Dakota was part of Canada!

Come on Doc you know better than that, you're so close to BC you might as well join up.

I have to plan my rounds very carefully. If I go to the driving range to work on my game it is always during my lunch hour at work, and for rounds, I generally play after work on nights that my wife is working, and get one of the many outlaws to watch the boy while I am playing. If I play more than one round a week while we could be spending time together that is too much in her mind.
Yep, I'm right there too. All of my driving range time comes over lunch hour or occasionally I'll stop on my way home from work since I'm done working earlier than her. But yep, that magic number is usually once a week. I've abused that certain weeks when there are events or tournaments etc but then I'll try to make up for it by not playing (outside work hours) for a couple weeks. Another nice thing is my flexibility at work, I can often times just go play if work isn't too busy.

I am in this same situation, minus the outlaws. My golf time must be very carefully calculated by myself, and I have to take the possibility of rounds that may or may not take place in a month into my calculations. It makes my head spin!

Yep, I'm right there too. All of my driving range time comes over lunch hour or occasionally I'll stop on my way home from work since I'm done working earlier than her. But yep, that magic number is usually once a week. I've abused that certain weeks when there are events or tournaments etc but then I'll try to make up for it by not playing (outside work hours) for a couple weeks. Another nice thing is my flexibility at work, I can often times just go play if work isn't too busy.

Thats what I do too buddy. I have to put in 40 hours a week in at work for my salary, but they can be done at the times of my choosing really, so some days I just take off at noon and get a round in, and just work those 4 hours later that night or on the weekend. I always end up working 50 or so hours a week anyway so it really doesn't matter.

I would love a once a week round. My wife comes from a wholly unatheletic family and doesn't understand why I would want to golf more than once a month. That being said she is awesome and even consented with me participating in th MC if I was selected, even though I would be only a week after our child's due date and two days before our anniversary.

I would love a once a week round. My wife comes from a wholly unatheletic family and doesn't understand why I would want to golf more than once a month. That being said she is awesome and even consented with me participating in th MC if I was selected, even though I would be only a week after our child's due date and two days before our anniversary.

Thats nice, my wife comes from a golfing family where my mother in law to this day refers to herself as a golfing widow. My wife understands that is something that I love to do, and tries to let me play as much as I can, but family comes first of course. I'm just looking forward to the day that I can bring my son to the course with me. The biggest problem is if I am golfing than she is stuck with the boy at home. If I can bring him with me, not only would I love spending more time with my little man, but I could go out more because she could spend that free time doing something she loves. Thats the beauty of only one kid and we are not having more.

captain and his nerves of steel on 18, champions, with a putt to win it - the rest of the team barely missed it; TC walks up - and drains it. EPIC preview of what is to come in August. way to go Captain.

probably my favorite part of this is when Belbin runs up" IM GONNA THROW IT IN THE WATER" and dmb ninja swipes him and beats him to it. Damn canadians - dont you realize you are always 2nd to americans HAHHAHA

I like how this went completely ignored. Cameras rolling, 30+ people watching. Pure Victory!

Thats nice, my wife comes from a golfing family where my mother in law to this day refers to herself as a golfing widow. My wife understands that is something that I love to do, and tries to let me play as much as I can, but family comes first of course. I'm just looking forward to the day that I can bring my son to the course with me. The biggest problem is if I am golfing than she is stuck with the boy at home. If I can bring him with me, not only would I love spending more time with my little man, but I could go out more because she could spend that free time doing something she loves. Thats the beauty of only one kid and we are not having more.

I have already started working on this. I can't wait to get him out there with me. You are totally right, it is the best of both worlds. I get to spend time with my favorite little guy in the world and get to golf, plus my wife gets a break. I almost had her convinced the other day but she balked at the last second. I can't wait though. Those are going to be great days watching my son learn this game I love!

I like how this went completely ignored. Cameras rolling, 30+ people watching. Pure Victory!
I'm the one that brought it up earlier. You are the greatest, we all bow in your presence King Tut!

tainted victory:alien:

that was a hell of a putt

It was a great putt. I don't know if there was a lot of pressure or not, I mean surely not the kind you'll feel at The Morgan Cup, but you know. You got it done and we all applauded you for it. Well done.

I have already started working on this. I can't wait to get him out there with me. You are totally right, it is the best of both worlds. I get to spend time with my favorite little guy in the world and get to golf, plus my wife gets a break. I almost had her convinced the other day but she balked at the last second. I can't wait though. Those are going to be great days watching my son learn this game I love!

Thats great!! *sniffle* reminds me of when my son was little.....I still remember having to make him stop picking up everybody's ball on the green....it was classic. Thanks for the memory guys!

It was a great putt. I don't know if there was a lot of pressure or not, I mean surely not the kind you'll feel at The Morgan Cup, but you know. You got it done and we all applauded you for it. Well done.
Who knows if it's the same pressure. I'll tell you, it wasn't an easy putt, especially with all you drunkies trying to stay quiet while he lined it up. :D

It was money and they got paid!

I watched it twice more when Biggsy posted it. Man thats a great memory, what a win for Team Bushwood thanks to Cap'n TC.

Who knows if it's the same pressure. I'll tell you, it wasn't an easy putt, especially with all you drunkies trying to stay quiet while he lined it up. :D

Well yeah it wasn't easy and I'm not taking anything away from it at all. But I just don't know if I personally would have felt that much pressure, it wasn't like it was an amazingly serious round or for big stakes. But again it was a great putt. I won't take anything away from that.

We werent that drunk :). I haven't touched a bottle of anything since...

I watched it twice more when Biggsy posted it. Man thats a great memory, what a win for Team Bushwood thanks to Cap'n TC.
Made even tougher with those cotton shirts you guys were wearing.

Well yeah it wasn't easy and I'm not taking anything away from it at all. But I just don't know if I personally would have felt that much pressure, it wasn't like it was an amazingly serious round or for big stakes. But again it was a great putt. I won't take anything away from that.
I know you aren't taking anything away.

Well, you weren't feeling much, so I think you are right, there wouldn't have been much pressure on you...LOL

I got a buzz just slapping you five. LOL

Man I don't know. I didn't really feel any pressure when I was putting (which just missed) but the pitch onto the green with everyone surrounding it was pressure filled. It was a tough pitch to begin with and all you drunky's were shouting and hollering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back