The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there is GPS in the carts, can we use rangefinders to verify yardages if we choose? Of course they would have to be conforming for tournament play if they were permitted.

Will there be a rules official to handle any rulings if the need arises?

Must resist..............

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been around to badger anyone yet today. I was on my way to work and the gorgeous summer morning just forced me to take a left turn to the golf course before I could face another day in the office. I played a pretty solid 9 holes, 37 (par 35).

I like the topic of pressure and dealing with the mental side of it all. I have no idea what I'll do to be honest. I've played competitive rounds at our club, our match play, our club championship, the yearly Pro-Am....but I've never had cameras on me, we'll see how that goes I guess. I really just think it'll be fun, sure we'll have some pressure on us but nobody's life is at stake, none of us will lose our home or family if we hit a bad shot so it's really not going to ruin anyone's lives at all. Of course I'll be trying to win, but jeez why make it any harder on myself than it has to be? I can't wait to hole one out on camera, like that kid that won a million dollar hole in one on camera, that was neat.

Surprisingly enough, those that have been to a THP Outing have dealt with this pressure. Its still about performing in front of your peers and while the outings have not been competitive in the past, the same nerves flow.

hehe i was nervous as hell warming up the driver with TC on that gd slope. then going up to the launch monitor for the first time meeting JB, and showing off the swing. I started to put some out there with nice draws, but not very far!

Coming into 18 on the Champions for the scramble on Saturday afternoon was a lot of fun. Our team had a birdie putt and and we needed it to tie the lead. I wanted to know where we stood before taking the putt. I wanted that pressure of everyone watching. My team gave me a good read and I made the putt, we celebrated. You came into 18 with the same pressure, but you needed the putt for a win, you made it to...the crowd went wild. I ran up and congratulated you, it was great drama and theater. Nothing like it in the world!

captain and his nerves of steel on 18, champions, with a putt to win it - the rest of the team barely missed it; TC walks up - and drains it. EPIC preview of what is to come in August. way to go Captain.

probably my favorite part of this is when Belbin runs up" IM GONNA THROW IT IN THE WATER" and dmb ninja swipes him and beats him to it. Damn canadians - dont you realize you are always 2nd to americans HAHHAHA

probably my favorite part of this is when Belbin runs up" IM GONNA THROW IT IN THE WATER" and dmb ninja swipes him and beats him to it. Damn canadians - dont you realize you are always 2nd to americans HAHHAHA

You're my teammate buddy but that can't stand. If you look at the world rankings for Quality of life, health care, and education you are way beneath us in all those categories. I love the US, but lets not start something you can't finish.

Here is a quote from the 2011 quality of life "Australia is seen as having the best quality of life among industrialized countries, one ranking ahead of second-place Canada, according to a report from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.

However, it appears the clincher for Australia could be its high voter-turnout rates, which policy-makers in that country agree are largely the result of mandatory voting laws.

Canada scored at or near the top in areas such as housing, education, health and life satisfaction among the 34 major industrialized countries that make up the OECD. Sweden ranked third, the U.S. was seventh and Turkey was dead last."

Interesting question, I think with rangefinders, either we all have them or none of us, just to be fair. A rules official would be sweet though.

i had asked this earlier - and the answer i received was since there are GPS in the carts - Rangefinders and GPS would be allowed.

You're my teammate buddy but that can't stand. If you look at the world rankings for Quality of life, health care, and education you are way beneath us in all those categories. I love the US, but lets not start something you can't finish.

CG just loves attacking his own teammates hehe

Here is a quote from the 2011 quality of life "Australia is seen as having the best quality of life among industrialized countries, one ranking ahead of second-place Canada, according to a report from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.

However, it appears the clincher for Australia could be its high voter-turnout rates, which policy-makers in that country agree are largely the result of mandatory voting laws.

Canada scored at or near the top in areas such as housing, education, health and life satisfaction among the 34 major industrialized countries that make up the OECD. Sweden ranked third, the U.S. was seventh and Turkey was dead last."

Here here. That little imp has no idea.

Tappin the keg!

geez easy lil humour never hurt anyone!

Lol. Epic dude.

Do Canadians just have this ready to copy and paste anytime this is brought up?

I do love Canada though.

I really think he was just talking in terms of professional football. The CFL is WAY below the NFL....if there ever is an NFL again.

geez easy lil humour never hurt anyone!

Here here. That little imp has no idea.

Tappin the keg!

Lol. Epic dude.

Do Canadians just have this ready to copy and paste anytime this is brought up?

I do love Canada though.

We're proud of our Country and don't take kindly to people from Ohio trying to trash talk it. If you live in Cali, Arizona, or Florida, you might be able to say something, but Ohio, I don't think so.

in the interest of working relationships with above mentioned members of the great community that is THP and participants of the Morgan Cup, i would like to post this redacted statement to my previous reply regarding the equality of Canadians to Americans. I am sorry if feelings were hurt, it was in the interest of comedy and humour.

Can we get along?

get me a beer please CB. how did that work lol

I really think he was just talking in terms of professional football. The CFL is WAY below the NFL....if there ever is an NFL again.

and hockey. We saw how Canadian Hockey teams fold under pressure LOL

We're proud of our Country and don't take kindly to people from Ohio trying to trash talk it. If you live in Cali, Arizona, or Florida, you might be able to say something, but Ohio, I don't think so.
Or South Dakota....buy yeah you're right, Ohio....oh hell no! :D

I still wouldnt trash it, sitting in 110 degree weather at 6pm sucks.

So......well then. What else is new everyone? I gotta tell you, I'm loving this gorgeous weather, it rained a bit this week but yesterday the sun came out and wow you should have seen the condition of the course today, absolutely the best I've ever seen it. The RXT's were as great as they always are today, I think the 5 iron has become my favorite iron of the set. I just nail that thing perfect every single time.

So......well then. What else is new everyone? I gotta tell you, I'm loving this gorgeous weather, it rained a bit this week but yesterday the sun came out and wow you should have seen the condition of the course today, absolutely the best I've ever seen it. The RXT's were as great as they always are today, I think the 5 iron has become my favorite iron of the set. I just nail that thing perfect every single time.

Good stuff P4B, I played a great round yesterday and it is so nice today I think I am going to go out again today. The great thing about being a member at the course now is I can play as much as I want/can, without breaking the bank. I really hope my wonder sticks come today so I can really tear up the course.

Good stuff P4B, I played a great round yesterday and it is so nice today I think I am going to go out again today. The great thing about being a member at the course now is I can play as much as I want/can, without breaking the bank. I really hope my wonder sticks come today so I can really tear up the course.

same here! I love that. Plus even if I only get 6 holes in when I go out at like 730, I don't feel bad.

I have a straight up match early tomorrow morning. Against one of those annoyingly consistent players. I'll just play my own game and let him make mistakes. I will get out and practice tonight, and hopefully my new TM clubs will be here.

Tappin the keg!

same here! I love that. Plus even if I only get 6 holes in when I go out at like 730, I don't feel bad.

Exactly, if you want to slip out for as many holes as you can get in, you can.

You're right about that one, it's really an excuse TO play golf....I mean heck you already paid for it so you might as well! Question for you, do you catch hell from Mrs. Coolbreeze if you play too much, and how much is too much in her eyes? The old ball and chain is constantly on my case if I try to play/practice too much. My daughters are 11 and 8 so at least my youngest is still at that age where she really likes hanging out with dad so it can be a tough balancing act. Both my kids are getting into golf themselves so I can take them with, that is always helpful with the lovely Mrs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back