Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikedean441 says he wants new irons

mrs mikedean441 and credit card are both saying no

who is right??

Mrs mikedean441 and the credit card.. If you didn't say credit card I would have said you were right.

Mrs mikedean441 and the credit card.. If you didn't say credit card I would have said you were right.

oh sorry, its my Amex so I get miles and just in case I have any issues with transaction, Amex has me covered

Clubs would be paid for out of the "golf account"

who is right??

A smart man would agree with wife and wallet. A genius would buy iron headcovers.

Pondering a range finder as I am going to play a bunch of new courses now that I am moving and I won't have any clue about distances.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

Pondering a range finder as I am going to play a bunch of new courses now that I am moving and I won't have any clue about distances.

Dude, Bushnell Tour V2. Best one I tried out and the cheapest out of the newer ones.

oh sorry, its my Amex so I get miles and just in case I have any issues with transaction, Amex has me covered

Clubs would be paid for out of the "golf account"

then I say do it!!!!

Dude, Bushnell Tour V2. Best one I tried out and the cheapest out of the newer ones.

I had thought the same thing for a while,today at the golf store I tried the Leupold GX-4 after reading some great comments from CG 13 after he bought one to replace his Bushnell. CG was right, the display on the Leupold is bright red which is much easier to pick up and see than the dull gray/black that is on the Bushnell. Now of course I used them in a store versus out on a course so I suggest talking to someone like CG who has used both recently but I think my opinion might be swaying. Although as I was typing this response I have been listening to a video presentation about the Leupold range finder and am quite impressed, I say check it out ...http://golf.leupold.com/

I took some time at the store and hit the :titleist: 910 D2 driver today while at the local golf store. I have been talking alot about this driver with some other forum members and know they have been impressed by it so I wanted to check it out for myself. WOW was I impressed!!! This club felt great and sounded very nice at impact as well. It was too bad the monitors are all messed up at this store as I would of liked to get some further information on my swings. This is definately on my radar!!!

I did a little fairway wood testing as well as I have been ponderng adding a 17* fairway wood into my bag since the M1 Mashie continues to be a bit of a trouble for me to hit consistantly. After reading Hawk's recent write up about the Cleveland offering and the test at the range with JB, I was curious what I would find for myself. I wound up hitting 8 different clubs and they were:

:ping: G15 4W (17*)
:callaway: Octane 4W (17*)
:cleveland: Launcher 3W (15* could not find the 17*)
:taylormade: r9 4w (17*)
:taylormade: Superfast 2 4w (17*)
:taylormade: r11 4w (17*)
:touredge: Exotics CB4 Tour (16.5*)
:titleist: 910F 4w (17*)

All clubs had the standard stock shafts that normally come with the club. I took 10 swings with each of the clubs and since the monitors were not working I tok note of the how the clubs felt, the sound of impact, and the initial appearance of the ball flight (for all of 100 feet till it hit the net). I gotta say I was surprised with the outcome a bit. There were two clubs out of the bunch that to me stood head and shoulders above the rest. The :callaway: and the :touredge: both felt fantastic and were the winners today. Both were very easy to hit, sounded great and looked good at set-up. I did not know alot about the :touredge: club as I missed hitting it at the last outing and now I am sorry I did. I feel bad there was no 17* :cleveland: available to test and before I would ever buy a new FW I will want to hit it just to be fair but I came away very impressed with the Octane and CB4.

who is right??

Wow, going 3rd person....How interesting.

I'll probably get that very soon.

When looking at them, make sure you check out some distances on smaller objects. I like the Leupold red display, but the pinseeker mode on the Bushnell is hands down a better unit in my opinion. Far easier to pick up small objects when they are 200 yards out and quicker as well.

Love the red display and the weight and feel of the Leupold, but having used both in actual rounds, there is no question, I would go Bushnell.

I love my Bushnell, the only thing I have noticed is when the battery gets low you start getting screwy distances but that is to be expected.

I took some time at the store and hit the :titleist: 910 D2 driver today while at the local golf store. I have been talking alot about this driver with some other forum members and know they have been impressed by it so I wanted to check it out for myself. WOW was I impressed!!! This club felt great and sounded very nice at impact as well. It was too bad the monitors are all messed up at this store as I would of liked to get some further information on my swings. This is definately on my radar!!!

I did a little fairway wood testing as well as I have been ponderng adding a 17* fairway wood into my bag since the M1 Mashie continues to be a bit of a trouble for me to hit consistantly. After reading Hawk's recent write up about the Cleveland offering and the test at the range with JB, I was curious what I would find for myself. I wound up hitting 8 different clubs and they were:

:ping: G15 4W (17*)
:callaway: Octane 4W (17*)
:cleveland: Launcher 3W (15* could not find the 17*)
:taylormade: r9 4w (17*)
:taylormade: Superfast 2 4w (17*)
:taylormade: r11 4w (17*)
:touredge: Exotics CB4 Tour (16.5*)
:titleist: 910F 4w (17*)

All clubs had the standard stock shafts that normally come with the club. I took 10 swings with each of the clubs and since the monitors were not working I tok note of the how the clubs felt, the sound of impact, and the initial appearance of the ball flight (for all of 100 feet till it hit the net). I gotta say I was surprised with the outcome a bit. There were two clubs out of the bunch that to me stood head and shoulders above the rest. The :callaway: and the :touredge: both felt fantastic and were the winners today. Both were very easy to hit, sounded great and looked good at set-up. I did not know alot about the :touredge: club as I missed hitting it at the last outing and now I am sorry I did. I feel bad there was no 17* :cleveland: available to test and before I would ever buy a new FW I will want to hit it just to be fair but I came away very impressed with the Octane and CB4.

I couldn't hit the Cleveland 15* well but the 17* was an entirely different story. I hope you can find one to hit before you make your decision. My instructor is very fond of the Tour Edge line. He talks them up all the time.

I love my Bushnell, the only thing I have noticed is when the battery gets low you start getting screwy distances but that is to be expected.

I have never seen that. My battery just goes dead and needs replaced. Never noticed the screwy distances.
Im going to ask them about that, because that is just not good.

I'm pondering Callaway drivers and fairway woods and their shaft offerings. I'm so torn. I've not hit the Razr Hawk or the Octane driver. What are the main differences between the two? Same with the fairway woods? Anyone have any input?

I'm pondering Callaway drivers and fairway woods and their shaft offerings. I'm so torn. I've not hit the Razr Hawk or the Octane driver. What are the main differences between the two? Same with the fairway woods? Anyone have any input?

THere is an entire radio show talking about those two drivers and their differences. You may want to give that one a listen.

I loved the RAZR Hawk Tour head, the RIP shaft left a little to be desired. The sound at impact is something to behold. No tingy noise, it's like the FT Tour but better. Plus its a missile launcher.

I couldn't hit the Cleveland 15* well but the 17* was an entirely different story. I hope you can find one to hit before you make your decision. My instructor is very fond of the Tour Edge line. He talks them up all the time.

Thanks KB, I am in no major rush a the moment. I will find a 17* to hit before I do anything. I gotta be fair to :cleveland:

http://www.clevelandgolf.com/US_fitting_studio.html

Looks like it. Just have to make an appointment beforehand. I will probably take some pics and do a write up of my experience there and post on here.

This will be me in every pic -----> :banana:

This would be great if you can go there and be fitted! Like mother, like son! If you go with the Cleveland and/or Srixon, I think you will be VERY happy with your gear. Keep us posted as to whether you get the appointment. We would love to hear all about your experience. I'm excited that you are seriously back into the golf!

THere is an entire radio show talking about those two drivers and their differences. You may want to give that one a listen.

I have heard that one. I understand the differences, technically, but was looking for feedback from those who've hit both in live conditions. I've hit the RH Tour and the Octane Tour, but don't believe I'll be going with a Tour driver for the MC.

I have heard that one. I understand the differences, technically, but was looking for feedback from those who've hit both in live conditions. I've hit the RH Tour and the Octane Tour, but don't believe I'll be going with a Tour driver for the MC.

I also recommend checking out that thread. There is a ton of feedback on them as well as the demo day thread.
Callaway threads seem to fall off the first page rather quickly, but there is a ton of great info in there.

I just checked the specs of the TM Burner 2.0s, and the PW comes in at 45*. While my testing Burner 2.0s wont automatically make right into the bag, I need to start looking at some new wedges. I'm looking at buying a 50, 55, 60 set. I've played Vokeys and Clevelands previously, but am intrigued by the new Nikes too.

The vokey doesnt come stock in a 55*, but I wonder if I can just get a 54 or 56 bent to 55. I need to read up on the other bending threads out there.

Last edited:
Why not just wait until you see the actual distance gaps? Loft isnt everything.
I just checked the specs of the TM Burner 2.0s, and the PW comes in at 45*. While my testing Burner 2.0s wont automatically make right into the bag, I need to start looking at some new wedges. I'm looking at buying a 50, 55, 60 set. I've played Vokeys and Clevelands previously, but am intrigued by the new Nikes too.

I bent my Mizzy 54 to a 52 and had no issues with it at all

The vokey doesnt come stock in a 55*, but I wonder if I can just get a 54 or 56 bent to 55. Has anyone had any experience doing something like this?

I bent my Mizzy 54 to a 52 and had no issues with it at all

Can you bend all clubs? My pings are a red dot, -.25*. Can I have someone like GG bend them to +.50* ?

I use Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back