Clay's Official 2011 Summer Tournament Thread

WTG clay, that 85 was strong if the top score was 79. Tough courses only serve to make you a tougher golfer, keep up the good work buddy.

nice job clay. A course in tournament condition is no easy task, and it sounds like you did great. Looking forward to hearing about your next tournament.

Clay,

Congrays on the start to the summer. Looking forward to your first win of the summer :victory:

This was our top 10. some of these guys are really good

1 Jimmy 35 36 71
2Tim 36 38 74
3 Luke 36 39 75
4Corey 39 37 76
T-5 Aaron 41 36 77
Aaron 38 39 77
Dylan 38 39 77
Hunter 39 38 77
John 39 38 77
T9 Justin 40 39 79
Matthew 38 41 79
T11 Riley Olson 40 40 80

Still, T-5 is awesome! It must have been a bad@$$ course. Congrats and keep playing well my friend!

nice work clay

This was our top 10. some of these guys are really good

1 Jimmy 35 36 71
2Tim 36 38 74
3 Luke 36 39 75
4Corey 39 37 76
T-5 Aaron 41 36 77
Aaron 38 39 77
Dylan 38 39 77
Hunter 39 38 77
John 39 38 77
T9 Justin 40 39 79
Matthew 38 41 79
T11 Riley Olson 40 40 80

Still, T-5 is awesome! It must have been a bad@$$ course. Congrats and keep playing well my friend!

It really was. thanks man! Shot 78 today in the practice round, so I'm pumped and ready to go!

Clay, are these just high school tournaments?

Great job Clay! Play well today

Alrighty guys. It was a beautiful (yet hot) day here in Georgia. I woke up to my 5:50 A.M. alarm this morning and was ready to hit the course! I got to the course about 7:15, registered, and was out to the putting green. (This course doesn't have a range.) As they call my age division over to the 1st tee, I'm getting amped up. After one group goes off, the starter says, "In the next group will be, blah blah blah, and CLAY CRIBBS FROM STATESBORO." Let's turn it on. So the words are called "Next on the tee, From Statesboro, Ga, CLAY CRIBBS." Here's my round.

1: Par 4, good drive right down the center, 4i way right, chip up to about 10 feet. ball stops on lip, bogey +1
2. Routine 2 putt par
3. Routine 2 putt par, lipped birdie
4: Lipped Birdie Routine par
5: short par 4. 5w to left rough, Pulled PW into hazard, play it out to 10 feet, 2 putt bogey +2
6: Routine 2 putt par
7: par 3 4i way left, chip up, lipped, bogey 3+
8: Par 4: easy 2 putt
9: Par 5: Drive way left, attempt to go over some trees, end up going under, PW to 7 feet, Birdie +2 38.

After feeling good after my birdie at 9, I make the turn.
10: Par 3: 4i to 10 feet, 2 putt
11: Par 5: D, 5w, 8i, 2 putt
12: This is where the fun starts: Driver hooked but on a dogleg left thats ok. had 6i around a tree draw. Didn't draw right of mounds, short sided. Chip almost perfect, bad kick goes down the ridge. Putt to par to 4 feet. Shank a putt lol, double. Total +4
13: Driver right, 9i that's almost holed but runs out. 2 putt
14: Driver right almost OB: 8i chip out, Wedge to 12 feet, sits on front lip +5
15: 4i in bunker, blast out to 10 feet, just low, +6
16: Easy par 5: Driver, layup with 6i to perfect wedge distance, chunk it just short of green, putt to 5 feet, miss that one (crazy breaker) Bogey +7
17: Hooked driver, 7i to 15 feet, sits on front lip again
18: Perfect driver, 5w pin high left, poor chip, 2 putt bogey +8

38-42 80. Not my best, left a lot out there, but when it was all said and done I took home 5th place! I defiantly left some shots out there. Greens were super slow, so I never got them quite dialed in and just couldn't get myself to hit them hard enough. 1st place shot 75. SO CLOSE! Still though my best tournament round ever!

Way to go CC! Thanks for keeping us updated buddy. You're playing so good these days.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Hey, 80 is what I shot yesterday too lol. Overall it looks like a good round, you just didn't get lucky putting (some lip outs in there). Keep up the good work Clay, You're playing really well!

Sweet Clay nice job dude. Too bad about the back 9.

Hey, 80 is what I shot yesterday too lol. Overall it looks like a good round, you just didn't get lucky putting (some lip outs in there). Keep up the good work Clay, You're playing really well!

Way to go CC! Thanks for keeping us updated buddy. You're playing so good these days.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support! Sometimes it just doesn't fall! But that's what keeps ya coming back!

Good job cc, keep up the good work and 5th is a good finish, and the 70's in a tournament are coming soon.

Good job cc, keep up the good work and 5th is a good finish, and the 70's in a tournament are coming soon.

Yep. I had it today. just let it slip........ oh well. Gotta keep working hard

BTW I wore pink today in support of Breast Cancer Awareness.

I wear pink because I AM A REAL MAN! LIKE POULTS!

Seriously, it is cool that you did that. Good luck in future tournaments

Nice rouund Clay. Fifth place is great!

Great, I wear pink fairly regularly as my mother died of breast cancer. I am old enough that I remember when men never wore pink.

Great job Clay! Make a couple putts and you're right in there!

You and #5 never get along do ya? :D

Very cool Clay. I know a few people who have been afflicted by Breast Cancer and its good you are showing support.

Great round of 74 today Clay ! :clapp: I knew it was coming and old man par is going to be yours to be had :thumb:

Back