Clay's Official 2011 Summer Tournament Thread

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok Guys: That time of year has arrived! SUMMER TOURNAMENTS! Waking up early, headed out there, teeing off by 9, and finishing in the dead heat of Georgia. Let's run down my committed tournaments so far.

GSGA:
June 7 Lakes at Laura S. Walker, Waycross
June 14 Brunswick Country Club
June 28 The Ford Plantation, Richmond Hill
July 5 Willow Lake Golf Club, Metter
July 13 The Landings Club, Savannah

As of right now these are the only 5 I have committed to. But trust me, these won't be the only 5 I play in. My goal is to place in one of these tournaments (which normally requires 77-82 in scoring) and in my long term I want to compete in the GSGA Junior Championship in 2012 and make the cut. I also want to make state in my high school, in either my Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Years.

To do this, I am trying to get in better golf shape, hit the range/course more often, and work on the short game more often. (especially putting)

Great goals Clay, you need to also set the goal to meet and tee it up with more THPers. Go get 'em.

Best of luck - look forward to reading your progress throughout the summer!

Good luck Clay! I am doing the same thing here in NY, only I don't get out of school for another 9 days! First tourney is the 29th. Can't wait to hear how you do

Looking forward to recaps of the tournaments. Good luck!

Great goals Clay, you need to also set the goal to meet and tee it up with more THPers. Go get 'em.

Clay is an awesome young man who you would love to play a round of golf with! KellyBo and I enjoyed the heck out of getting our arse kicked by Clay :D

I wish you lots of luck Clay. I hope you do well this year.

Good luck Clay!

Enjoy the one at Ford Plantation for sure. I drop everything when I get called to play there!

Good luck Clay! Your hard work will pay off.

good luck, hit em straight!

I live vicariously through the success Clay will one day achieve. Keep it up!

Tap before talk.

Keep it up Clay! I came 3 strokes short of states my senior year :banghead:
Best of luck to you!

Look forward to seeing your results of the summer Clay.

That sounds really good Clay. Great plan. Keep working on that short game and you'll see your scores come down. The one thing I found out in playing tournaments is that I end up playing on courses I've never seen before (though I don't know if this applies to you), so I have to be especially patient because invariably there are surprises. Good luck and have fun!

1st tournament is tomorrow! Time to go get em! Playing the Lakes at Laura S. Walker tomorrow. It's a fun course that sets up well for me.

1st tournament is tomorrow! Time to go get em! Playing the Lakes at Laura S. Walker tomorrow. It's a fun course that sets up well for me.

I am your biggest fan ole Clay so go kick some butt for ole Gray :golf2:

That's the state park course down there right? Enjoy your round, and I hope you go really low.

That's the state park course down there right? Enjoy your round, and I hope you go really low.

Thanks! Yes it is the state park course.

Keep me posted Ole Clay! I know you will do great.

Good luck Clay! While I am stuck in school for another week up here in the north, you get to be out playing golf. That's what I'll think about tomorrow "Geez, Clay is playing golf right now, and I'm in Global...."

Good luck to you and keep us updated. My tournaments don't start til the 29th!

Any update Clay? Or Kellybo if you've heard anything???
Hope you played well!

Back