I realized I was addicted to golf when....

When I woke up late for a tee time and was rushing so fast that I started driving out of my garage without opening the door... Boy, that was a costly mistake. Didn't hurt my truck tho or my golf clubs...

Another time was when I told my ex that I wanted to buy an electric blanket to wrap my golf clubs in so they stay warm in the garage during the winter... That didn't go over well... LOL

Well...did you make it to the course on time? Lol.

Mine would have to be wanting to play the day after having major jaw surgery (to repair an underbite). My mouth was wired shut, I was on pain meds, face was swollen like a balloon, but I still wanted to play. Unfortunately the docs said no.

Well...did you make it to the course on time? Lol.

Mine would have to be wanting to play the day after having major jaw surgery (to repair an underbite). My mouth was wired shut, I was on pain meds, face was swollen like a balloon, but I still wanted to play. Unfortunately the docs said no.

I hear ya man! My procedure was not quite as tough as yours although I did play golf, the afternoon after having a colonoscopy at 10:00 a.m. The doc told me to go home and take it easy the rest of the day. I was not going to waste a good afternoon off work laying around :D

How I knew I was addicted....When I see a nice lawn or patch of grass in the neighborhood and have the urge to go make a divot with my PW.

.....when I finish a round of golf and immediately want to play another.:blob:

When I played a match for the club champs the morning of my wedding (I lost...). Lucky we didn't have to go to extra holes, I was 5 mins late as it was!

My moment of truth was when my wife had taken my golf cleats out of my bag to clean them (how considerate) and forgot to return them to my bag. So I head to a round the next day and apon realization of this I, without hesitation, pick up a brand new set of Puma golf shoes. Because, let's face it, you just can't live with knowing that you left a stroke or two out there on the course due to a little slippage in the street shoes. (even though in all actuality I probably would've been fine)

I looked at a pretty beach and all I could mutter were some choice words for sand.

When I played a match for the club champs the morning of my wedding (I lost...). Lucky we didn't have to go to extra holes, I was 5 mins late as it was!

Your wife must really love you to let you do that!

when my wife told me THP is my new girlfriend.

When my wife said to me once, after I had played 10 straight days, that I was playing too much and I replied "really?" .

When I was jonesing so bad to play that I showed up on a terribly rainy day and was the only one on the course. Another time I played when the ground was still frozen and every approach shot bounced 20 yards off the green. I'd literally hit my pitch and know I'd stuck the green when I saw my ball bounce up in the air. I live in Washingtion State so if you wanna play year round you have to be addicted and kind of dumb.

1) When I lied to my doctor about how I injured the shoulder he was examining. I knew if I told him the truth (it was golf related) he was bench me for several weeks.

2) When I totally "got" the latest FedEx commercials about how the guy is putting a seatbelt on his sticks. I can totally relate to them.

3) When I fell asleep in bed with one of my SeeMore putters. The wife took a picture of me clutching it in my sleep. I have offerred her $1,000 for that pic. I know she is going to extort something out of me at some point.

By the way this a great thread. Buckjob's story had me in tears.

When I quit high school baseball to play more golf. I have played baseball since I could walk.

When I start having dreams about it and start yelling golf terms when it applies in other situations. Such as when I throw a tennis ball and It's going too far and I begin to yell "sit, sit!"

When all I could think lying in the hospital bed awaiting my surgery was when I would be able to golf again and if there was anything that I could do to get out there faster.

When it started to be all I could think about if I wasn't concentrating on something specific.

When I packed my bags and headed down under to chase my dream with no plan and half the game I have today. I knew best and my parents allowed me to taste failure on my own. I limped home after two days of flying, no money, no sleep and went right to the range and hit balls till I couldn't stand. It was a part of me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.When I first started playing.
2.Started watching a lot of the golf channel for lessons and tips.
3. Reading a lot of golf magazines
4.Play a round and come home and practice in the yard for another couple hours trying to learn what I read and or seen on TV.

2) When I totally "got" the latest FedEx commercials about how the guy is putting a seatbelt on his sticks. I can totally relate to them.

My favorite Fed-Ex commercial is the one where the guy is laying in bed and has his clubs on a baby monitor, "I'm going to go check on them anyway."

when I turned down a free steak dinner from my parents so I could sit at home and watch Tiger in the Masters

Two years ago when I was hanging out with my wife's fellow company staffers on a corporate golf day and was invited to tee off. And whacked one 220 yards dead center. First time I'd ever held a golf club. Been building up to full fledged addiction since then.

Back