Swing Thoughts - Forum Testing Review

The left wrist is definitely working for me. I like that just by looking at it for a moment it seems to get everything in rhythm and clear your mind of everything else.

Well, played 22 holes today.

I am in a bit of a dilemma here. The band is undoubtedly doing it's job. I am looking at it, and it is putting me in a much simpler state of mind on every swing. In this aspect, it is working perfectly.

However, I do not know, at this point, if it is having a noticeable affect on my scoring. My rounds with it have shown no improvement in scoring so far. It is a confusing situation.

I will wear the tempo for a few more rounds, and then switch to the swing smooth band.

Played 18 today with my Red focus band. Kinda wish I didnt wear it because of the horrific tan line I have now...lol It continues to do its job. It really helps me slow things down and concentrate and FOCUS. Still no obvious signs of wear. Dont want to play any rounds of without it now. I am worried about if something happens to it what will happen to my game... Lol

Tap tap taparoo

Barring rain, I have a virtual marathon of golf planned for tomorrow, at least 2 rounds, probably more, and I should have a lot of feedback when I get home tomorrow night.

I have also been providing feedback on Swing Thoughts twitter and facebook.

Tap tap taparoo

Just got home from the range. Man it is hot out today! Used my black FOCUS band on my left wrist again. When I took my time and looked at the band each time my swings were great. When I would get ahead of myself it was because I didn't take a second to look at the band and setup properly. Very happy with the band, and the little reminder it gives me every time I setup.

Played a quick 9 after work today with my Swing Smooth Swing Thought band, going to try my hand at a recap here. Played the back 9 as there was a small tournament being played so the front was occupied and the greens were the fastest I've ever played there.

Hole 10: Par 3 145 yards down hill, hit a smooth 7 iron to within 10 feet of the cup really happy with that swing since I had no warmup prior. 2 putt for par.

Hole 11: Par 4 378 yards, driver off of the tee, was playing straight and it faded a bit too much into the right hand rough and right behind a tree. Had to punch out to safety 125 left to the pin hit a nice smooth 9 iron and landed about 25 feet away 2 putt bogey.

Hole 12: Par 4 347 uphill water directly in front of the tee. Hit my driver a bit thin but playable just in the rough in front of the fairway. 169 left to the hole, hit a smooth 6 iron distance was right but the fade I was playing did not work and I hit it left of the green. Chipped over a bunker onto the green and it rolled past the hole and just off the fringe. 2 putt bogey.

Hole 13: Par 4 349 dogleg right. Best drive of the day, I had to slow myself down from the last hole (played through a couple kids just messing around) hit a beautiful fade off the left side of the fairway into the middle (I can honestly say I've never been there on this hole). 139 left to the green skulled an 8 iron over the green chipped close and 1 put for par.

Hole 14: Par 4 296 Trouble on the right (line of trees and hill with large rough) hit a push that faded farther to the right and CRACK hit a tree. I didn't see where it kicked to so I hit a provisional just in case it went OOB. Found both balls first ball was about 100 yards from the green in the rough with a large limb guarding the green. I played dumb and tried a hero shot and duffed the ball 25 yards in front of me. Instead of learning from that mistake I tried another hero shot and hit the limb knocked it straight down. Finally played it safe knocked it out of danger and had a small pitch over a bunker to the green. Hit the chip fat right into the bunker. Bunker shot to 15 feet, lipped out the double bogey putt and 2 putt triple.

Hole 15: 483 yard Par 5. Another push fade into a tree, ball kicked straight out into the fairway about 196 out. Praised my good luck and got out the mashie to get it closer on my 2nd shot. Pulled the mashie and hit a tree limb knocking the ball straight down behind another tree, I had to punch out to about 185. Topped the 5 iron from 185 had 85 left to the green finally calmed myself down and hit a decent half pitching wedge that once again rolled off the back of the green. Chipped up ball rolled forever 2 putt triple.

Hole 16: 347 yard Par 4 dogleg left. Reeling from 2 straight triples I tried to concentrate on swinging smooth but push sliced my first tee shot into the woods OB. Tee'd up another ball much too quickly and pulled it into a pond. 149 to the hole hit a nice 7 iron just to the front of the green, chipped to a foot and 1 putt for another triple.

Hole 17: 154 Yard Par 3. Today this was playing 168, tee'd up a 5 iron and hit one of the worst 5 irons I've ever hit, push slice almost to the 18th tee box. 55 left to the hole a nice GW onto the green it rolled forever off the edge, 2 putt bogey.

Hole 18: 340 Yard Par 4 uphill dogleg left. Hit a line drive drive that faded a bit into the right rough but was really a decent shot to the green about 139 yards but way up hill. Hit a beautiful 7 iron that I saw hit the front of the green, I figured I was middle of the green which is where the flag looked to be. Finally got up that huge hill and found that my ball once again rolled off the back of the green. I putted from the fringe and missed the cup by less then an inch but my ball just continued to roll and ended up about 25 feet away, what I thought was a sure par was looking bad. 3 putts from there and I ended with a double.

I shot a 49 which is actually a good score for me but it could have been so much more. I still really like the swing thought band concept and when I see it and remember to swing smooth the result is usually pretty decent. I still get in my own way which is why I'm still struggling to break 100 on a consistent basis but overall it's a good reminder to take it one shot and one thought at a time.

Good write up cheffor. I plan to have a range session tomorrow and another round scheduled for Friday at another new course. Finally got my new driver shaft and excited to see how the band will effect my driver swing. Details coming tomorrow night.

I have also been providing feedback on Swing Thoughts twitter and facebook.
That's a good idea. I've mentioned them on twitter several times and they love the feedback and will comment most of the time with RTs and mentions.

Anyone else have any issues with the paint? I can say that mine haven't gotten worse. I feel like mine has stretched just a touch as it's a little more loose fitting now. Has anyone seen this?

Good stuff Cheffor.

That's a good idea. I've mentioned them on twitter several times and they love the feedback and will comment most of the time with RTs and mentions.

Anyone else have any issues with the paint? I can say that mine haven't gotten worse. I feel like mine has stretched just a touch as it's a little more loose fitting now. Has anyone seen this?

Good stuff Cheffor.

I have seen similar, as I stated earlier in the thread. Also a few issues with the band itself, though nothing critical.

Good stuff Cheffor.

I've had no issues with the paint, but I believe mine has stretched a bit as well since it was pretty tight on my wrist at first and it's noticeably looser now.

You guys are doing a really good job in this testing thread. I'm going to order one of two of these next week, to be shipped to my USA office.

I've had no issues with the paint, but I believe mine has stretched a bit as well since it was pretty tight on my wrist at first and it's noticeably looser now.

No paint issues at all. Mine have stretched out too but would still like to see an XL.

Tap tap taparoo

No paint issues at all. Mine have stretched out too but would still like to see an XL.

Tap tap taparoo

Dev,

I am thinking I will need an xl as well.. Do you feel that it is uncomfortably tight at first or is it not very noticeable?

Tap tap taparoo

I sent a message to @SwingThought on twitter. Here is their response: @biggsyfl yes soon! The large fits Bobby gates who is 6'6 240 pounds and has huge wrists :) but yes we will be adding that size soon

Another 9 after work today this time with the visualize band, shot a 48 1 better then yesterday although the whole round felt better since I didn't have 3 complete blow up holes. Was hoping the visualize would help my putting but I still burnt a ton of lips and missed some putts that should have gone in.

Biggsy haven't had any issues with them stretching that I can tell. Paintfill is also holding up very well.

Wanted to play today after my lesson but all the rain we missed out on over the past few months decided to show up today. I watched the radar like a hawk, still looks like one big green blob from here to Cuba...sigh.

Practiced indoors, not a good practice session for the swing thought either as I was focusing on correcting a little plane issue that has crept back in the past week.

I did spend about 30 minutes with the wedges and found the tempo band to be a nice little reminder to not get hasty in transition. I've noticed when I do that my hands take over and the outcome is a sloppy mess. Not a very good post feedback wise but I want everyone to know I'm still putting in the work.

--
tapatalk

One more message from @SwingThought: @biggsyfl great: Big big stuff coming. Lots of #practical products under #swingthought line

Ordered my "Tempo" bands in White/Green yesterday in large and received an email first thing this morning notifying me they were out of stock and as an apology are sending me one of the other sayings of my pick till they come in, I went with "Focus".

Great customer service IMO.

Ordered my "Tempo" bands in White/Green yesterday in large and received an email first thing this morning notifying me they were out of stock and as an apology are sending me one of the other sayings of my pick till they come in, I went with "Focus".

Wow...that's huge for customer service Jman

Anyway, a little update for me. Got to the range today to get in a quick bucket with the new driver shaft before my round tomorrow. I still love that you can have 100 mental thoughts running through your head and when you see that band they all just seem to go away. I only took out the 6i and the driver tonight as I wanted to concentrate on the driver and see what I could do with it. I started with the 6i and a quick warm up and have noticed over the last couple of outtings that I seem to strike the ball crisper during the warm up and has not been taking 20-30 balls like normal. Tonight I pretty much started striping the ball from the get go. I don't know if others have noticed this or not. It is a great feeling that I know that I can get out to the course and get a quick stretch in and a couple of practice swings in and I am good to go. Other than that, the band itself seems to be holding up great, no paint cracks and still looks like it did the day I got it. Will give another review after the round tomorrow.

Wow I ordered this exact same one today. Hopefully I will get the same result

Tap tap taparoo

Well I got a very hot and humid 18 in yesterday. And first let me say the quality and comfort of the swing thought bands can't be matched. I haven't had any signs of wear and tear and I didn't really notice it was on yesterday. But that takes me to the review for yesterday:

First a little background, I was playing at a private club with my father in law and one of his friends. So I was already a little tense before the round even begun. They are both much better golfers than I, but I've played with them before as well as played the course before so I had a little background of what I was getting myself into!

I decided to wear the orange "Swing Smooth" on my right hand, I'm a righty, and I wear a glove on my left. I found that if I just went through my normal routine, didn't make a deliberate effort to look, I didn't even notice it was on. But then in between shots while walking or taking clubs in and out of my bag, then I noticed it. That brings me to my first thought, no pun intended, I'd like to see some of these with words like: breathe, calm, zen, still and other calming type words like that. I found myself looking at my wrist between shots and then using that as a queue for my mind to stop and refocus. I'm a very emotional player so something to help calm me down between shots is a must. I used to chew on a tee, and still do from time to time, but have always been looking for something better. And this is the ticket. The next solution I had was to wear it on my left hand with my glove, so then everytime I take my glove on and off I'd notice it there staring right at me.

On a pure style note, I did notice that since the bracelet was a little big on me, which I like that fit, it tended to rotate a bit and I didn't always see the words I wanted to, "smooth", so I just let it go and whatever was there was what I read. It was interesting to see about three or four times through the round I noticed it had fixed itself and I was ready either swing or smooth!

All in all I'll continue to use and adjust how I'm using it, but I think I'm finding how it fits into my game and routine. I will say though that anything you use to help focus on what you are doing is a good thing. My normal miss is an aggressive fade or slice, and I didn't lose a single ball right all day long. So if nothing else it's helping me stay loose and keep my body moving through the swing.

Well his is great customer service right here...

Hi there Taylor,

"Thank you for your interest in Swing Thought. We regret to inform you that TEMPO in large/white is currently on backorder. To make up for this we would love to send you a ST Band in its place and send you the TEMPO in large/white when it becomes available free of charge. May we suggest SWING SMOOTH in the mean time. If you wish to reject this idea we will simply refund you for your purchase.

Thank you!"

Well his is great customer service right here...

Hi there Taylor,

"Thank you for your interest in Swing Thought. We regret to inform you that TEMPO in large/white is currently on backorder. To make up for this we would love to send you a ST Band in its place and send you the TEMPO in large/white when it becomes available free of charge. May we suggest SWING SMOOTH in the mean time. If you wish to reject this idea we will simply refund you for your purchase.

Thank you!"

Very nice TH.

On a down note. I didn't get to the course today like I wanted. Mother Nature was on a tear here in PA. With plans to take my 3 yr old to a nearby chip and putt tomorrow and hopefully a full round on Sunday I can give another update for this week. Stay tuned.

Back