Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OG, I'm expecting kid #2 around that time so I cannot commit to this one, but I can call my Uncle and see about getting you guys a good green's fee at Butternut and Old Union.

OG, I'm expecting kid #2 around that time so I cannot commit to this one, but I can call my Uncle and see about getting you guys a good green's fee at Butternut and Old Union.

One of the few excuses that is acceptable. Congratulations.

One of the few excuses that is acceptable. Congratulations.

Thanks DD. I'm sure my old man, my brother, and a few of our friends will be joining you guys in the festivities.

That sounds good to me and thanks. Also congrats on your new little one. I know I'm super excited about my lil boy coming. Going to be a little golfer.

That sounds good to me and thanks. Also congrats on your new little one. I know I'm super excited about my lil boy coming. Going to be a little golfer.
And a Congratulations to you too B_I, great news.

Both Butternutt and Old Union are great courses. I absolutely loved Old Union.

Man that would be a huge help if you could call your Uncle and get us a discount! We are now looking at playing Butternut on the Saturday October 15th & Old Union on Sunday October 16th. I really think 20 golfers or five foursomes would work great this year. You can give your Uncle my phone number and I will work with him on the tee times. I am thinking both days it would be good to block five tee times beginning at 08:30 a.m. Lucas it will not be right not to have you at the Georgia Get Together but buddy this time around, we all certainly understand.

I just sent an email to reserve one of the two cabins for the October Get Together to the owner. I am renting the smaller cabin this year and it will be for couples and the older generation :D. The cabin next door is much larger and someone needs to pm me with your email address. I will email you the info on how to reserve it. It is perfect for the younger guns. Being responsible for one cabin is going to be enough for me. You have to send in a reserve deposit plus a damage deposit (you get this back if the place is left as was). We have never had a problem the two years we have been up there. The larger cabin was up for sale so once I get a confirmation back from the owner that he still has it, I will email you with the contact info. Splitting the costs on the cabin rental has saved us a good bit of money the last two years!

I live too close to be staying in a cabin or anything, and Sunday would be a day where I'd have to head back to south GA for school. If possible, I'd like to meet up and play with everyone at Butternut though.

I live too close to be staying in a cabin or anything, and Sunday would be a day where I'd have to head back to south GA for school. If possible, I'd like to meet up and play with everyone at Butternut though.

Sounds great josh! Have you ever played Butternut?

Ole Gray. I definitely want to make it up and meet some of the fellow southeastern THP's. The Friday may be hard for me to swing due to work and having another trip at the first of October but I would love to come up Saturday and play a round with everyone and hang out some. Let me know if this is possible.

Ole Gray. I definitely want to make it up and meet some of the fellow southeastern THP's. The Friday may be hard for me to swing due to work and having another trip at the first of October but I would love to come up Saturday and play a round with everyone and hang out some. Let me know if this is possible.

Brian -- Actually we are planning for the weekend of October 15th & 16 which is a Saturday/Sunday this year!

Sounds like fun, guys. Man, wish I could make it, but missing school during football season may not go so well....

You guys gonna have one next year? I will try to make it if you do.

Sounds like fun, guys. Man, wish I could make it, but missing school during football season may not go so well....

You guys gonna have one next year? I will try to make it if you do.

Every October is Georgia Get Together time. The North Georgia Mountains are spectacular to say the least!

Every October is Georgia Get Together time. The North Georgia Mountains are spectacular to say the least!

I will probably be going to college at UA at that time, so I will find some time between classes to escape.

Brian -- Actually we are planning for the weekend of October 15th & 16 which is a Saturday/Sunday this year!

Well you know what I may be able to swing that then. I thought I had read something mentioning Oct 14-16 with the golf on Friday and Saturday. Thanks for the update there.

I will probably be going to college at UA at that time, so I will find some time between classes to escape.

Jacob I have to ask this. UA as in University of Alabama? I know you leave in Alabama so this makes sense but I was hoping you were not going to be part of the Crimson Tide...

Yep, they are spectacular, Lynne and I were up there last year during that time. I had not stumbled upon THP then and had no idea that my future friends were having a blast playing golf and hanging out together. I will be there this year enjoying the fall in the north Georgia mountains even more than I did last year. Looking so forward to it.

Sounds great josh! Have you ever played Butternut?

Many, many times! It's one of my favorite courses to play because of the challenge it gives. So many blind shots. Believe it or not, I've only been in a cart twice. The other times I played I had to walk those mountainous holes because it was high school golf.

Yep, they are spectacular, Lynne and I were up there last year during that time. I had not stumbled upon THP then and had no idea that my future friends were having a blast playing golf and hanging out together. I will be there this year enjoying the fall in the north Georgia mountains even more than I did last year. Looking so forward to it.

Don't forget you are staying in with KellyBo and I in a rather large old folks cabin!

Jacob I have to ask this. UA as in University of Alabama? I know you leave in Alabama so this makes sense but I was hoping you were not going to be part of the Crimson Tide...

Born and bred Bama fan. I live 45 minutes from campus, so i can't help it. That, and my grandma is a bat-poop crazy Bammer.

Not against other colleges, I will go to wherever gives me the most money.

Born and bred Bama fan. I live 45 minutes from campus, so i can't help it. That, and my grandma is a bat-poop crazy Bammer.

Not against other colleges, I will go to wherever gives me the most money.

Fair enough and I have nothing against them. I work with some UA grads and I myself went to UT and you know it's only natural that we give each other a tough time within the SEC. I can't knock you for going to go where gives you the most money. Money talks especially when it comes to college. Good luck with it!

Hey, anybody headed to Old Union in the next week or two?

My dad and I are hoping to go soon. Probably within the next two weeks.

My dad and I are hoping to go soon. Probably within the next two weeks.

I would be interested in joining you if schedules work out. Totally up to you though, I understand if you want an outing with Dad. Take lots of water with you, it was hot over there last week with NO water on the course. Take snacks as well.

either way ENJOY!

Back