John Deere Classic [Spoilers]

John Daly, who was playing pretty well, just put up an 11 on Hole #4 to put himself almost DFL. Hehehehe. Go away John. We don't want you here.

John Daly, who was playing pretty well, just put up an 11 on Hole #4 to put himself almost DFL. Hehehehe. Go away John. We don't want you here.

apparently at one point it was an 18? then they changed it? idk what happened

apparently at one point it was an 18? then they changed it? idk what happened

That's what I saw as well. Not sure what exactly happened.

he'll have a lawsuit against hole #4 by the turn....

Yeah I just saw the 18 on pic on gmac's twitter, went to pgatour.com and saw an 11, and am now on thp looking to see if anyone has a play by play of what done happened?

Yeah I just saw the 18 on pic on gmac's twitter, went to pgatour.com and saw an 11, and am now on thp looking to see if anyone has a play by play of what done happened?

it looks like PGA tour shottracker has it as a 13. Really want to see what happened now haha. Looks like he took a bunch of hacks out of a "native area" before taking an unplayable?

Last I saw it was an 11, according to the shot tracker. I saw the 18 that was first posted and thought, that's an error. Then they posted a 5 for the next hole and never changed the 18...so I though no error! I texted my Dad about the 18 and then they changed it to the 11, of course. My Dad says, "How did he lose 7 shots on one hole!?". I said, "That's a damn good question!" How could they be off by 7 shots??

stricker is tearing it up out there...-4 through his first 6 holes!

it looks like PGA tour shottracker has it as a 13. Really want to see what happened now haha. Looks like he took a bunch of hacks out of a "native area" before taking an unplayable?

I heard them say 13 at one point on todays telecast.

P Goydos just hit a beautiful shot from a horrible lie in the fairway. Well done.

Just looked on the iPhone PGA App which has a great play by play feature to see what John Daly did on Hole 4 to take a 13.

It looks like he pulled a Kevin Na:

Here is it shot by shot:

Shot 1: 263 yds to native area, 179yds to the hole
Shot 2: 11 ft to native area, 175 yds to hole
Shot 3: 3 ft to native area, 174 yds to hole
Shot 4: 4 ft to native area, 173 yds to hole
Shot 5: 6 ft to native area, 171 yds to hole
Shot 6: 17 ft to native area, 165 yds to hole
Shot 7: 13 ft to native area, 170 yds to hole
Shot 8: 4 ft to unknown, 168 yds to hole
Shot 9: Penalty Shot
Drop in right rough, 216 yds to hole
Shot 10: 188 yds to front left green bunker, 98 ft to hole
Shot 11: 74 ft to green, 28 ft to hole
Shot 12: putt 32 ft, 4 inches, 4ft 6 in to hole
Shot 13 in the hole

I kind of figured he'd WD after this but he finished his round.

Wow Mary, that is 7 strokes he would have saved simply by taking the drop before the 7 hacks immediately before he actually did drop. We should all learn a lesson from that & as you stated Kevin Na earlier this year. Brutal.

Wow Mary, that is 7 strokes he would have saved simply by taking the drop before the 7 hacks immediately before he actually did drop. We should all learn a lesson from that & as you stated Kevin Na earlier this year. Brutal.

Yea, except let's face it, course management has never been JD's strong suit. You would think his caddy would have grabbed the club and said "hey, big guy, let's take our medicine" but again, listening to any form of reason isn't another thing Daly is known for either. Wonder if there is any tape of this "Na"

don't look now but the wisconsin boys, reigning two time champ, the people's champ, steve stricker and my main man mark wilson, two time winner on tour this year, are in the thick of it at 12 under and 10 under respectably.

I hope Stevie wins as they said near the end of the broadcast (watching the replay) that if he wins this tourny for the third straight time he'll join tiger, jack, arnie, johnny miller and one other guy (another legend of the game, but the name alludes me at the moment) as the only guys in history to accomplish such a feat. That'd be cool, that'd be real cool

Faherty on Jhonny Vegas after Vegas missed a birdie putt (and hasn't been playing all that well today): "he must feel like the wildabeast at the back of the herd that the lions are eyeing up"

previously, on vegas' drive (which went about 360), baker finch asked faherty if the wind had stiffened up and if that added to the the length of vegas drive, to which faherty replied "nah, I think he's just angry"
:laughing:

stricker is playing some great golf, Vegas just hit a monster of a drive on the drivable par 4, landed it hole high, i love watching that guy play, powerful

stricker is playing some great golf, Vegas just hit a monster of a drive on the drivable par 4, landed it hole high, i love watching that guy play, powerful

That ball was absolutely hammered

Tap tap taparoo

They need to dozer every single one of these greens and start over. the course itself is far from easy, however the greens are a completely different story.

Strick 2-jacked out of the bunker on 5. That is a bunker complex nobody wants to be in. Deep and the green is pretty narrow.

I like this Kyle Stanley fella. He's pretty quiet, but has a hell of a swing.

It's muggy as hell here today. Around 90°. Stricker's Millar shirt is looking a little damp already and it appears that he is halfway to swamp-a$$. Not a good spot to be on 9. It's a long hole already and now he's in the rough and has some trees to deal with.

It's muggy as hell here today. Around 90°. Stricker's Millar shirt is looking a little damp already and it appears that he is halfway to swamp-a$$. Not a good spot to be on 9. It's a long hole already and now he's in the rough and has some trees to deal with.

That is the way I felt in my Millar shirt last week. Felt like I was wearing a spoiled diaper.

Yikes - Brandon de Jonge has a BAD case of swamp a$$ working right now. Not pretty....

Holy Crap. Stanley with a 390 yard drive on 10.

This could get very interesting. Strick in the garbage to the left side on 15. That's a bad spot to be. Only one stroke ahead of Stanley right now.

Back