Staff Bags & Using Them

I have a staff bag and,while i am decent(11 handicap)i do not consider myself good yet,i have to get my short game more consistent before i will consider my game good,still a ways to go yet.I have never percieved that someone gaming a nice staff bag should have alot of game tho.They have nice styling,big pockets and everybody in caddyshack had one :eek:k: They just look bad@zz and over the top,i mean why would you not want one?I can see where the stereotype comes from,i think people watch the tour on t.v. and automatically associate staff bags with a tour level skill set.I have never been told by anyone that they disapprove of mine but,i have gotten a whole lot of compliments,i dont know what they say when my back is turned tho.

If I ever find a staff bag with some sort of fish motif to match my head covers, I will indeed start rocking one. Hard to argue with the looks of such snazzy bags whether one has game or not.

If I ever find a staff bag with some sort of fish motif to match my head covers, I will indeed start rocking one. Hard to argue with the looks of such snazzy bags whether one has game or not.

A shark is a fish.

You could buy a plain one you like and then have some embroidery work done to customize the look or even match your head covers.

A shark is a fish.

That would be your snazzy Srixon one? I haven't been able to find it (espcially in the white) since the new 2011 bag hit.

You could buy a plain one you like and then have some embroidery work done to customize the look or even match your head covers.

Good point Biggsy, never thought of that at all.

That would be your snazzy Srixon one? I haven't been able to find it (espcially in the white) since the new 2011 bag hit.

Good point Biggsy, never thought of that at all.

yeah, that would be the one. You can find them online once in a while, but they are hard to find locally due to the market they are made for.

If you have a staff bag it should match atleast 3 parts of your equipment. Unless you're David Duval....

Duval%20-%20Bag%203.JPG

I have an older R5 staff bag that I won in a scramble for a closiest to the pin contest. I was going to sell it, but after I saw all the pockets and storage I had to use it just a few times........still use to this day:D

I bet all you Morgan Cup guys get cool staff bags when you show up at the resort, complete with your names on them!

Well... The fine folks at Blind9 allowed me to change my order to the smaller 9" staffer. It's gonna be a bit to get, but it will fit better.

How come?

Again, this is my opinion. Maybe 3 pieces is an odd number, but it should match something you have. It just seems odd to me that someone would have a staff bag and not have any of that companies equipment. Like, I would not have a :ping: or :srixon: staff bag, as you would not have a :titleist: or :mizuno: one.

But I suppose it all comes to preference, huh? :D

I used one in Florida and proudly played some crappy golf. I really don't care what people think. I think they look cool and would never hesitate to use one.

Posted via Tapatalk

Again, this is my opinion. Maybe 3 pieces is an odd number, but it should match something you have. It just seems odd to me that someone would have a staff bag and not have any of that companies equipment. Like, I would not have a :ping: or :srixon: staff bag, as you would not have a :titleist: or :mizuno: one.

I bought an Adams bag. I almost bought a Wilson staff bag, because it looks amazing. What about the SeeMore staff bag that is available. THP gave a Bettinardi staff bag last December. Hard to play 3 pieces of Bettinardi gear

I bought an Adams bag. I almost bought a Wilson staff bag, because it looks amazing. What about the SeeMore staff bag that is available. THP gave a Bettinardi staff bag last December. Hard to play 3 pieces of Bettinardi gear

That is true, and I did say that 3 was a bit of a high #. But you should still have something in your bag that matches the staff bag. :adams: was good for you!

That is true, and I did say that 3 was a bit of a high #. But you should still have something in your bag that matches the staff bag. :adams: was good for you!

The issue becomes what happens if you change equipment? Do you have to replace a perfectly good bag? For instance I have a few great TaylorMade staff bags, but right now dont play anything TaylorMade.

Personally, I think they look ridiculous. I have a friend that has one, Power Built of all things. Damn thing makes it nearly impossible to put my cart bag on the riding cart with his, and when he puts it on his pull cart it's hilarious. Damn thing tips over 2 or 3 times a round. I see no use for it, unless you're getting paid to advertise for the company whose name you can see from 2 fairways over.

Personally, I think they look ridiculous. I have a friend that has one, Power Built of all things. Damn thing makes it nearly impossible to put my cart bag on the riding cart with his, and when he puts it on his pull cart it's hilarious. Damn thing tips over 2 or 3 times a round. I see no use for it, unless you're getting paid to advertise for the company whose name you can see from 2 fairways over.

You are entitled to your opinion. I however will continue use a staff bag for special occasions or days when I know that I'm riding 18. Because Staff bags are awesome.

i have used a ping staff bag for about 4 years now my playing partners all teased me at first ,but one by one they all bought one too.the extra gear we need up here on the wet coast makes it very handy.
its just another level of my golf addiction.
on a side note my grips are mid with 4 wraps, try getting your clubs in and out of a regular bag or a stand bag.

I see no use for it, unless you're getting paid to advertise for the company whose name you can see from 2 fairways over.

What if the use for it is you just really like the way they look and the space they provide?
I am not saying you are right or wrong really, just that like most things in golf it comes down to personal preference.
However like this thread goes, I think there is a stigma attached.

I love the look of them and plan on purchasing another very soon. I find it rediculous to think a person has to play to a certain number to have the rite to use a staff bag.

I find it rediculous to think a person has to play to a certain number to have the rite to use a staff bag.

DG,
I do too, but everybody has things that have a stigma attached to it. Whether it be clubs, clothes or a bag.
Lets say you have a guy join you on the 1st tee and he has brand new TM TP blades, and he is decked out in the latest perfectly pressed Rickie Fowler outfit. Then he turns out to shoot 100. The word "poser" gets used on this forum a lot to describe that unfortunately.

I love the looks of the staff bag but I don't think I would play one. Roll up to the 1st tee and people will think you have game. I also think that I would only want one that matched equipment that I was playing

Alot of golf is about confidence. If someone having a staff bag or nice clubs or nice clothes helps them be more confident on the golf course, then more power to them.

Lets say you have a guy join you on the 1st tee and he has brand new TM TP blades, and he is decked out in the latest perfectly pressed Rickie Fowler outfit. Then he turns out to shoot 100. The word "poser" gets used on this forum a lot to describe that unfortunately.

If that's not the perfect definition of a "poser", then what is?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poser

Back