WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

Busiest golf tournament thread since the Open. Coincidence? I think not.

Quite a bit of "play by play" action in this one that ran the count up. :D

Just wait till next week buddy! Major...contest.....TW....thread will be hoppin'!

That recovery shot was just sick by Ishikawa.

Amazing. I did not see him pulling that off!

Tiger finishing -2 is not bad either... for an old man that everyone seems to think is done.

Tiger just needs a ghost spider putter, after watching jason day I think that putter just automatically makes the ball go in.

How about Adam Scott with Stevie on the bag?? You know Stevie knows every hump and bump of this course! TW played a decent round, the putter saved him a lot...just wonder how long you can keep making 20 footers for par.

Can you see him playing with the big bug masher...I kid..it's a good looking club but it would be funny to see him putt with it

Tiger just needs a ghost spider putter, after watching jason day I think that putter just automatically makes the ball go in.

Can you see him playing with the big bug masher...I kid..it's a good looking club but it would be funny to see him putt with it

If you look at our photos from Tavistock, we have a picture or two of him putting with Scott's putter. Funny stuff. I watched him hole a 30 footer with a long putter.

I remember that piece on GC now that you mention it.

If you look at our photos from Tavistock, we have a picture or two of him putting with Scott's putter. Funny stuff. I watched him hole a 30 footer with a long putter.

Lots of Tiger talk and there should be. I was there and the horde of people following him around was great to see. No way many of those people are there if Tiger is at home. My son was cheering the one time he came through (though most of us were cheering for Clarke and his eagle on 8). He wasn't cheering for Tiger, he was whoopin it up because everyone else was. Tiger appeals to everyone...the haters and lovers! Last Tiger tidbit. I have seen him play many times in the past. He doesn't have that predatory glare and stride I am used to seeing. He's definitely a different man. Can just see it in his eyes and posture. He seems more reserved and dare I say relaxed.

Anyway, done with my Tiger talk.

Day and Ishikawa are fast becoming my favorites. They hit the ball long, sure. But, their short games have got to be seen to be believed.

He's back!!!

No I think my partnership with poor Gus was fatal it seems. I didn't think I was that bad. I'm the Terminator!

Just caught up on 6 pages of Tiger discussion..

Looking forward to watching the coverage tomorrow to try and find out what everyone else is doing (in between Tiger obsession .. er I mean coverage..)

No I think my partnership with poor Gus was fatal it seems. I didn't think I was that bad. I'm the Terminator!

HAHAHA. That is hysterical. One-T must think so.

Just caught up on 6 pages of Tiger discussion..

Looking forward to watching the coverage tomorrow to try and find out what everyone else is doing (in between Tiger obsession .. er I mean coverage..)

I dont think we will get TW coverage tomorrow. Expect some great names like Westwood, Phil, Rory, etc.. to be on the TV. And of course highlights once an hour from earlier in the day of TW's round.

I'm going to admit this and say I was really excited to watch Tigger play well today. I hope he can continue the good play as I find the tournament more exciting when he is in it and playing well

I tried to give rep for that one, I can't give any right now but that comment deserves it for sure. LOL.

I dont think we will get TW coverage tomorrow. Expect some great names like Westwood, Phil, Rory, etc.. to be on the TV. And of course highlights once an hour from earlier in the day of TW's round.

haha well played.. Everyone is going to get compared to Tiger.. "well, Tiger was about 5 feet closer earlier" etc etc..

I like watching Tiger do amazing things... I don't like the obsession.. It's just not merited right now.

Im going to stand by my prediction of a good finish. I say TW goes 67 tomorrow.

Firestone is good to Tiger. If he can keep it in the FW he can be in contention. Missed FWs at Firestone are pretty punishing.

Conditions were pretty good for scoring today, nice and soft after the rain we had. May rain again tonight.

My prediction is Donald because he signed my son's hat!

I have him either a little lower, posting a truly great score, or in the 72-71 range. If he plays sloppy again, the latter. If he gets a few little bugs ironed out (Tee ball is still a little crooked, distance control is a little off) I think he can post 65. Optimistic perhaps, but I am convinced he can.

Lots of Tiger talk and there should be. I was there and the horde of people following him around was great to see. No way many of those people are there if Tiger is at home. My son was cheering the one time he came through (though most of us were cheering for Clarke and his eagle on 8). He wasn't cheering for Tiger, he was whoopin it up because everyone else was. Tiger appeals to everyone...the haters and lovers! Last Tiger tidbit. I have seen him play many times in the past. He doesn't have that predatory glare and stride I am used to seeing. He's definitely a different man. Can just see it in his eyes and posture. He seems more reserved and dare I say relaxed.

Anyway, done with my Tiger talk.

Day and Ishikawa are fast becoming my favorites. They hit the ball long, sure. But, their short games have got to be seen to be believed.

Good insight!

Day's kinda the guy I've found myself rooting for the most recently. Just seems like a good kid, great demeanor, doesn't get too caught up in the moment, and I really like his game. At least when he's not playing in a monsoon in the UK.

And I totally believe Tiger's game will get better, and from a ball striking standpoint close to where it once was, but mentally with what he's been through I really doubt he'll ever be able to get that edge back. You can't believe your invincible once you've been proven not to be.

Good insight!

Day's kinda the guy I've found myself rooting for the most recently. Just seems like a good kid, great demeanor, doesn't get too caught up in the moment, and I really like his game. At least when he's not playing in a monsoon in the UK.

And I totally believe Tiger's game will get better, and from a ball striking standpoint close to where it once was, but mentally with what he's been through I really doubt he'll ever be able to get that edge back. You can't believe your invincible once you've been proven not to be.

I have become quite a fan of watching Jason Day. Seems to be a good guy, and let's his game speak for itself.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Eldrick did pretty good today. Wondering if he will play better off the tee tomorrow and be able to hit more greens. Will those long par putts he made today turn into long birdie putts tomorrow or are some of those going to turn into bogeys?

Opening round 68 for TW, that worked out well the last two times he did that!!! Can't get excited yet though... we've seen this from him a few times this year but he hasn't backed them up. Hoping that changes.

Back