The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing would be more enjoyable than losing my hard earned I.T. money to a Canuck with a lovely head of hair and a fellow Iowan. We'll see what comes up with the arrangements this week. I have tons of quarters and I'm not afraid to press, double press, triple press you name it!

Can you explain presses to me?

Whoops...I know, bring lots of cash :D

We are open to options and groups but several of us wanted to play Reunion ahead of time.

I'm looking at my Reunion rounds as practice rounds. I was assuming they would also be fun.

Kevin

This is exactly what I was saying. I dont think anybody thought people were looking for less fun. Just a different train of thought. Some wanted to make sure they got rounds in ahead of time so they know a little about the course before the weekend and others have already scheduled their rounds away and did not care if they saw the course ahead of time and will not be.

I think its getting sidetracked off the original point. It was said that people are starting to get focused and ready for the competition and while that may be true for some, its not looked at the same for everybody. There are at least 5 or so that are not planning on playing Reunion before the Saturday morning round and that is just a different look at things.

Can you explain presses to me?

Whoops...I know, bring lots of cash :D
I know all about them because I'm usually the one behind so I'm able to press until I catch up....or lose all my $! Typically in the games we play if you're behind by 2 points or more you can press (which doubles the bet) in an attempt to catch back up. Mind you, the points we play for are .25 cents, but with a presser on and birdies being double it can and usually does add up fairly quick. Nothing too big ever changes hands though.

I know all about them because I'm usually the one behind so I'm able to press until I catch up....or lose all my $! Typically in the games we play if you're behind by 2 points or more you can press (which doubles the bet) in an attempt to catch back up. Mind you, the points we play for are .25 cents, but with a presser on and birdies being double it can and usually does add up fairly quick. Nothing too big ever changes hands though.

I suck at gambling, that's why it's always fun when it comes to that. A few bucks, bragging rights, share a drink and some laughs afterwards.

We could have a blast playing some little money games. Skins, 6 hole nassaus, closest to the pins, etc. Like a mini outing.

Kevin

I hit some drives way offline today so Jrod could practice looking for The Belbs's and the Colonel's errant drives. He's a helpful fellow, but it takes experience and I want him to be prepared.

Hahah. To be honest I didn't lose a ball "with the driver" this weekend. But I did duff 2 with my "safe" club in three holes.

I still putt like garbage. 79 with 37 putts is terrible. Not even one one putt today. Ugh.

---
- Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

We could have a blast playing some little money games. Skins, 6 hole nassaus, closest to the pins, etc. Like a mini outing.

Kevin
...says the hustler who took everyone's money in the 2011 Morgan Cup practice rounds! :D

We all have handicaps. We could play them net.

Kevin

We all have handicaps. We could play them net.

Kevin

Sure, I play off of a "lefty Canadian", and Jake plays off a "wide open South Dakota".

Sure, I play off of a "lefty Canadian", and Jake plays off a "wide open South Dakota".
Haha, we should get tons of help in that case!

Yeah we could use handicaps, that wouldn't be too bad. A game that I always like to play is Wolf. It only works within the foursome but it's a fun game that gives everyone a chance at winning some points.

Yeah we could use handicaps, that wouldn't be too bad. A game that I always like to play is Wolf. It only works within the foursome but it's a fun game that gives everyone a chance at winning some points.

There's a group of guys at my club that always play Wolf. I've never played it, but it's supposed to be great.

Kevin

Look at you guys, have you no shame? :D

Wolf can be brutal, but it's a blast.

Man we have gotten way off track, soooooo Team Paradise sucks, and TaylorMade Adidas golf is just plain awesome.

Man we have gotten way off track, soooooo Team Paradise sucks, and TaylorMade Adidas golf is just plain awesome.
Some would agree and disagree and that is neither right nor wrong.

The last statement is not debatable. They are just plain awesome.

Yuss go TMaG!!!!

This should be the week of weeks to complete your bag eh dude? Looking forward to the reviews!

Yuss go TMaG!!!!

This should be the week of weeks to complete your bag eh dude? Looking forward to the reviews!

Oh man I really need to new irons, and I can't wait for them to get here. Once they do get here, and you need to reach me, just call Bear Mountain Golf course and ask for the guy that hasn't left the range in a few days.

Oh man I really need to new irons, and I can't wait for them to get here. Once they do get here, and you need to reach me, just call Bear Mountain Golf course and ask for the guy that hasn't left the range in a few days.

<activate coolbreeze voice>

Get me 5 buckets of balls and a 6-pack of Molson's, I'm going to be here all day!

<deactivate coolbreeze voice>

Spoiler
I have no idea what beer coolbreeze actually likes or which Canadian beers are good.

I was able to get Captain TC on the phone earlier tonight, it sounds like he's not quite as confident as he was previously....poor Captain TC, the truth comes out!

[video=youtube;3Ul_5dO-364]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ul_5dO-364[/video]

haha we need some sort of realtime skype feed of your 6 hour range sessions.

P4B that was freaking hilarious!!!!!! I really wish our Captain knew who was on his own team though, oh well, we'll introduce ourselves when we're down there.

P4B that was freaking hilarious!!!!!! I really wish our Captain knew who was on his own team though, oh well, we'll introduce ourselves when we're down there.
It's a crap shoot when calling him on the weekends, sometimes he's had to many Miller High Lifes in him and he's really hard to understand. He was excited about those velcro gloves though, wow!!

It's a crap shoot when calling him on the weekends, sometimes he's had to many Miller High Lifes in him and he's really hard to understand. He was excited about those velcro gloves though, wow!!

I can tell he was excited about them but I understand why, I just got a pair of velcro shoes and its changed my life. Laces are for suckers and Paradouches.

Very good, Jake. The best part is the look on your face.

Kevin

nice video Jake! Very creative man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back