Forum Testing Signup - The SCOR System

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we want to provide the ultimate in unbiased feedback and what better way to do that than to have regular golfers test out products and write reviews. This time around we are featuring a company called SCOR Golf. Many may not know the name yet, but based on the creator, we feel pretty strongly about this idea going in. Click the Spoiler tag for pics.

Spoiler
scor-golf-4161-wedges.jpg

General Info
If selected to test out the SCOR System, it will be your job to head over to their website and participate in something called SCORFit. This is their online fitting tool and this will begin the review process. The testers jobs will be to review the process from start to finish including SCORFit, receiving their clubs, how the clubs match your game and the overall product performance.

Rules
There are, however, certain criteria that must be followed to be eligible.

1. You must be able to give this a test drive within 5 days of receiving the clubs.
2. You must put together a write up with your thoughts on the clubs you receive within a day of testing it and continue to update the thread each time you try them out.
3. Like all testing on THP, only honest and detailed feedback is requested.
4. You MUST be a THP Forum member with at least 50 posts to participate and 30 in the last 30 days.
5. If you are selected and live outside of the CONUS, a small shipping fee must be paid.
6. Unfortunately at this time SCOR Golf is only offered in RH.

We will choosing about 5 golfers to try these out. Please remember that we take all testing on THP seriously and this is not just a 1 post and done review for a golf freebie, but a chance to look at high level golf equipment and review it as well as answer questions on it.

Signing Up
To be a part of this testing, you must reply in this thread with the answer to these questions. Failure to include ALL info will result in request not being counted.

1. What wedges do you normally play?
2. Are your clubs fit for your game?
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry?
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs?
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

TESTERS PICKED

One-T
adwillingham
Super Tuna
mdbuscher
griff

If you were not selected, never fear, THP will have a new round of testing coming up very soon as always. Staying active on the forums is the easiest way to get selected.

Last edited:
VERY interested in seeing this testing! As with other tests, I must withhold my name at this time, unfortunately.

Another great opportunity, thanks THP!

Awesome! Too bad its RH only, but looks like a cool process.

I will follow this with great interest. Currently play 4 Eidolon wedges, LH version of new Scor clubs not available until later this year.

fin sweet!!! i am in the market for new wedges!! Thanks JB and SCOR.... those are some pretty wedges!!

Mizuno MX-200 PW-GW, Mizuno MP-T10 54*-58* with DG/ Spinner shafts

they are 1/2 over and 1* upright, so yes

4, PW-45*, GW-50*, 54*, 58*

good feel, good weight in the head, i cant produce back spin but i love a wedge that will let me one hop and check. as the wedge and putter are the only clubs i dont use my glove when swinging, i need to feel the contact.

i feel i am very active and get out atleast 2 times a week, i will test and put my honest feeback, rough, sand, fairway, tight lies, i have alot of courses around me , some play tight and hard, others are softer so i would be able to get a good array of lies, i would update 2 or more times a week, i also play in a 32 man leagues every other sat so i can get some exposure out about these wedges as i did with the ML4..

again thanks for the oppurtunity!!!

Last edited:
This is an amazing opportunity. The system seems like a great idea. I checked out the SCORFit system online and loved how it matched me up with different wedge lofts.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Taylormade XFT 56 and 60
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Consistency and something that I can hit different types of shots with(high, low, bump and run, flop). Also something that is good out of the sand.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will be able to test these against 2 different sets of wedges, TM XFT's and Callaway CC Jaws wedges. I will test on the course and at a short game practice are. I usually play about 3 times a week. I am a very active THP member with over 10,000 posts.

ANOTHER testing opp?! Ridiculous(ly awesome)!! Way to keep bringing it THP and well done SCOR! A very interesting concept!

Last edited:
If I didn't just buy two new wedges I would have been well interested in this. Will look forward to the reviews though

Thanks THP and SCOR Golf for this opportunity! This scoring club system really has me intrigued.

1. What wedges do you normally play? I play the stock PW that comes with my set at 45*, 50* & 55* TaylorMade XFT, and 60* Vokey Spin Milled.
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? No they are not.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I like my wedges to have a bit of weight behind them along with proper gaps in distance. Also, for me the more they spin the ball the better.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? The SCOR system will be tested weekly on the range, at the course, and in my back yard chipping area. I play at least 27 holes a week with one or two range sessions in between, so I will be sure to give these a proper workout. I am on THP daily updating current testing threads and contributing anything I can to other users. I take any testing as a serious responsibility and this one would be no different. I pride myself on being able to provide honest feedback that will be useful to the THP community.

Oh snap. This looks fun!

1. I play Taylormade xFT's, Mizuno MP T-Series, and Nike SV Tour.
2. Not really. I've demoed quite a few, but my wedges are probably the clubs that fit my game the least.
3. 4
4. I look for a variety of bounce options that meet my preferences. I like a wedge that reacts well with the playing conditions I typically see.
5. I play at least once a week and practice at least once. I have access to a great short game facility that allows me to test wedges very thoroughly. I'm extremely active at THP and feel that I always provide very thorough, detailed, and honest information about the products I review.

1. What wedges do you normally play? I have my stock x-20 PW and SW, then a TM RAC GW, and a Nike VR LW.
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? No, just have consistent degree gaps
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Consistency. Consistent distance and trajectory control.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will take the wedges to the range for a bucket or two then put them right in play. I play 5-6 rounds a week, and participate on THP almost every day.

THP just keeps giving and giving to its members. It really is awesome. Thank you THP and SCOR for another great opportunity for the members. Maybe someday they will make LH..lol

That's a killer looking set of wedges!
Wish I could get in on this. I love the short game.

1. What wedges do you normally play? I play the Callaway JAWS wedges, 56* and 50*!
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? They sure are. I went to the Callaway Performance center for my fitting. The only thing not fit are wedges at this time.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? I carry 4 wedges now (PW, 2 AW's and a 56*) but the Morgan Cup Ill have a PW, AW, 55* and 60*.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I look for the ability to hit certain shots with each club and try to cover all conditions. One thing I'm loving with my matching AW is it's easier to hit full shots. I use the 56* for a variety of shots and plan to carry that once the new wedges arrive.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have over 10k posts and am active everyday. I play on multiple range sessions and minimum of 1 week per round. I write and make videos for thoughts and will continue this. Thank you so much again for providing this opportunity to all of us!

Big week for testing opportunities!

1. What wedges do you normally play? TaylorMade Xft

2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes, loft and lie angles.

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3 - PW, 54* and 58*

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Versatility in how it can be used.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play every chance I get, which is usally 1-3 times a week. I'm an active reader and poster.

1. I am currently playing the pitch wedge and gap wedge that came with my burners and the 56* Fourteen Golf wedge that I won here on Thp. I have been wanting to change things up a bit with my wedges.

2. Yes, I had my clubs fit before I purchased them. I'm 1* upright.

3. Right now I'm carrying 3, pitch wedge, gap wedge 50*, and 56*.

4. I like a clean, classic look. I like them to have a little weight to them to get under the ball and provide good spin.

5. I play atleast 3 times a week with a lot of practice at home with my short game. I would give in depth reviews on this new way of thinking regarding the scoring clubs. As for my activity on Thp I feel that I am pretty involved in the community and would keep everyone updated with my thoughts.

1. I have a Callaway Prototype PW, and Jaws CC 52, 56, and 60
2. I was fitted for my irons (which included my PW), but the other wedges were bought online and I was not fitted for them. However, when I was fitted for my irons, they told me I needed standard length and lie, and that is what the wedges are I believe.
3. I carry 4 wedges.
4. I look for wedges that feel good in my hands. I've had wedges that were too heavy and too light, and neither worked for me, but the wedges I have now feel good in my hands. I also look for wedges that I can put a decent amount of spin on the ball.
5. I play golf nearly every day and will be able to test these out both on the range, chipping/pitching green, and on the course regularly. I'm on THP on a daily basis, so it would be no problem with me posting updates on the testing progress.

Wow another great opportunity for more testing. Thanks :thp: and SCOR Golf for the opportunity

I have had a quick look around the SCOR website and have done the SCORfit to see what options it presented to me.

Nike VR Pro Combo PW and Nike VR Pro x3x Black Oxide

My irons were custom fit to me and are standard length, R shafts and .5* upright, but my additional wedges were not

I carry 3 wedges in total, used to carry 4 but hardly ever used the 60* so removed it to free a space in the bag. Lofts are 47*, 52* & 56*

I like to be able to feel the clubhead at address, consistent distance, feel from around the green and enough spin to be able to bring the ball back if necessary

I am extremely active on THP and have been fortunate enough to be selected to test previously. I am on here pretty much all day long (UK time) so would be available to answer any questions when ever they arose. I would plan on putting these in a straight head to head contest against my current wedges to see how they performed against Nike's new x3x grooves. I play at least once a week and head to the range as often as I can. I also spend a fair amount of time in the back garden working on my chipping. I can guarantee that honest feedback will be provided every step of the way should I be fortunate enough to be selected to test these Wedges.

I saw something about these recently but do not recall where. Very interesting concept they have going here.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Nike VR Pro PW, 52*, & 56*
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? PW - yes. 52* & 56* - no.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Ability to hit from any lie. Typically prefer a straight leading edge versus rounded. I do not look for spin but the ability to hit and stop very quickly is important.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing plan would consist of using the short game area at my home course which includes a bunker. Variety of shots attempted at the range and then reviews from use during an actual round. Photos, video, and use of social networking sites would also be used. Activity level on THP is very high.

Thanks to SCOR golf and THP for making this opportunity available for all readers!!

just checked out the website, and did the fitting, sucks as my irons arent on the list.

Nice, I have been patiently hoping and waiting on this to be tested. I was stoked when I first heard about these. I can not wait to give or hear feedback on these!!

This sounds like another great opportunity! Good luck all you righties, and thank you THP and SCOR Golf!

Two signups in one week! Very cool.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Mizuno MP T-10
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes the only way to play is to have clubs fit to you.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3. My PW, 52* and 58* SW
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I look for clubs that are going to get me close to the hole when I want to be. They need to be able to check up when I want them to and ease through rough when needed.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? These would be played every round I play in order to compare them to what I have. I already know how my wedges are so i won't need to alternate using them. I would also take them to the practice area at least once a week in order to see how they perform with shots that I won't normally have on the course. After each time they are used I plan to give a full write up of how they performed each time.

These are intriguing, very interesting concept to say the least, I'd love to get to test them out.

Taylormade 2.0 PW, Cleveland Niblick 49*, PING Eye2 XG SW and LW

My irons are yes, however, my wedges have not been bent or adjusted.

Four total wedges but that is if you include the Niblick.

Adaptability for a varied amount of lies but especially hardpan and a fluffy lie, I really struggle with finding a good combo to have a club for every shot. I also need versatility though to hit it high, low, and even work the ball left and right a bit into the green on some of the courses I play. The other obvious thing for me is feel and forgiveness, I think a great feel will give you the confidence of more forgiveness mentally, and that is a big thing. I'm at the point in my game now where I go at pins, I want to be able to score and I need wedges to help me do so.

My testing plan is significant range time at first to get a dialed in feel for the wedges and them as much on course time as I can get (at least twice a week) as with something like these wedges I personally feel its all about the on course situations and the opportunity to score where they will either shine for ones game or simply not. I hope that I've shown through other opportunities through THP that I will go the extra mile for testing and provide as much information as I can into the testing threads, I have a notebook I've kept for each item I've had the pleasure of testing for companies. I believe I have a very good activity level as THP is where I tend to spend all of my down time at home AND at work as well. I'm a contributor as much as I can in threads to help people as I really enjoy it and there are many here that have done the same for me.

Thank you so much for this opportunity, I truly hope I get the chance to see if the SCOR system can make me a believer!

Back