Osahar - Post Surgery

Osahar

Working on the swing
Reaction score
Hey all, finally back at a computer again. Had my acoustic neuroma removal done on Thursday, August 25th. Everything went well that day, I think it was about a 4 hour procedure. I spent the night in the neurosurgery ICU, and moved to a recovery bed on Friday night. Post-surgery scans were good, looks like a total removal.

I had a few complications in the neuro PCU during recovery. I blame a lot of that on the quack that was doing rounds for my doctor on Saturday/Sunday. The two big things for the first weekend were to transition me to solid food diet and have my lumbar drain removed. This guy's version of doing rounds for my neurosurgeon was to stop in, ask if anything was ok, and leave. Sunday was the fun part of the complication due to my diet. Ended up spending the night throwing up, having CAT scans and abdominal x-rays taken, and the next morning found out that as a result of not advancing my diet on schedule my intestines had not come back online and were blocked (not uncommon I'm told). So got some stronger meds for a day, not much sleep sunday/monday, and a little extra help in getting things moving.

I managed to make it home on Tuesday night, and have been slowly getting my strength back. Overall I feel fairly good now, no real headaches lingering. I think I still have some swelling or possible weakness on the right side of my face, but I'm waiting until my follow-up appointment on Wednesday before I worry about it very much. Still have a little vertigo, which is to be expected, but I'm walking around and doing pretty good on my feet.

Well, that's where I sit right now...we'll see how things continue going forward.

That's some great news, Osahar! Too bad about your early issues, but it sounds like everythings moving the right way now. I've been waiting for this update.

Sounds pretty good all things considered. Glad your on way to a speedy and full recovery!

--
tapatalk

That's promising buddy. Good to hear you're up and about. Still sending good vibes your way.

Hey all, finally back at a computer again. Had my acoustic neuroma removal done on Thursday, August 25th. Everything went well that day, I think it was about a 4 hour procedure. I spent the night in the neurosurgery ICU, and moved to a recovery bed on Friday night. Post-surgery scans were good, looks like a total removal.

I had a few complications in the neuro PCU during recovery. I blame a lot of that on the quack that was doing rounds for my doctor on Saturday/Sunday. The two big things for the first weekend were to transition me to solid food diet and have my lumbar drain removed. This guy's version of doing rounds for my neurosurgeon was to stop in, ask if anything was ok, and leave. Sunday was the fun part of the complication due to my diet. Ended up spending the night throwing up, having CAT scans and abdominal x-rays taken, and the next morning found out that as a result of not advancing my diet on schedule my intestines had not come back online and were blocked (not uncommon I'm told). So got some stronger meds for a day, not much sleep sunday/monday, and a little extra help in getting things moving.

I managed to make it home on Tuesday night, and have been slowly getting my strength back. Overall I feel fairly good now, no real headaches lingering. I think I still have some swelling or possible weakness on the right side of my face, but I'm waiting until my follow-up appointment on Wednesday before I worry about it very much. Still have a little vertigo, which is to be expected, but I'm walking around and doing pretty good on my feet.

Well, that's where I sit right now...we'll see how things continue going forward.

Great to hear the have you all back together and doing well now buddy. Be careful the next little while as the blood thinners and sitting up typing on a laptop don't mix well, believe me. Blood clots are no good and they won't be able to do anything about them if they started. Good luck and glad to hear from you.

Great to hear the have you all back together and doing well now buddy. Be careful the next little while as the blood thinners and sitting up typing on a laptop don't mix well, believe me. Blood clots are no good and they won't be able to do anything about them if they started. Good luck and glad to hear from you.

Thankfully, the only medicine I'm on is some 10mg Oxycodone for pain, nothing else. So keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any issues with those. I know while in the hospital they kept these neat little inflatable boots over my lower legs that alternated each leg to help keep blood flowing and reduce the risk of clots forming.

Wow! what an ordeal! I wish you the best with your recovery going forward.

Thankfully, the only medicine I'm on is some 10mg Oxycodone for pain, nothing else. So keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any issues with those. I know while in the hospital they kept these neat little inflatable boots over my lower legs that alternated each leg to help keep blood flowing and reduce the risk of clots forming.

Great to hear, its unreal what they can do these days. They had me home quickly, but it turned out a bit too quick for that period of time. Still on the thinners didn't allow them any options. Now it sounds like they can get around things like that, very cool.

That sounds like great news Osahar! So glad that everything seems to be progressing well.

Glad you are doing well. Speedy recovery

Missed the pre surgery posts. What were your symptoms that brought you to go to your Dr.? ringing in the ears, balance, numbness??

Wish you a speedy recovery Too.

Great news that the surgery seemed to go well man! You will be back on the course before you know it!:golf3:

Glad to hear everything is moving in the right direction. Complications suck, but it seems like they were relatively minor.

Glad your surgery was a success Osahar. So sorry you had the complications. I hope your recovery is fast and complete.

You take it easy and heal up properly so you can play golf soon! It sounds like you have the hard part over now and I know you are happy to be home in your comfort zone.

Fingers crossed that you´ll keep recovering fast, And I hope someone haves a talk with that "doc".

Good news about the surgery! Hope the recovery continues to go well

Good to hear that the surgery went well Osahar. Take it easy, listen to the doctors, and heal up well.

Back