Ping G20 Driver & Review Thread

Great review so far JB. I'm a bit partial to Ping right now as I really think the K15 is best driver I have ever owned. Sounds like this driver will do well. I look forward to more as you continue your work with this driver.

Funny you mention the distrust with the Golfsmith simulator. I don't trust them either. However, I did see the tech calibrate the machine just before I took my swings, so I think it was somewhat accurate. At the least, it gave me a decent comparison between the G20 and the Razr Tour.

Ddelise - I would like nothing better than to trust the Golfsmith simulator....but when the thing tells me I'm swinging 114-120mph and 9 out of 10 of my shots are 300+ yards with a slight draw perfectly down the middle....the little voice on my shoulder tells me something's wrong!

Maybe I'm just catching it when it's not calibrated, but if it's right, I'm buying myself one of these drivers....

JB great review. I love keeping up on this thread considering I'm really looking at a new drive next year and the feel I got from hitting the G20 a few times.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Ddelise - I would like nothing better than to trust the Golfsmith simulator....but when the thing tells me I'm swinging 114-120mph and 9 out of 10 of my shots are 300+ yards with a slight draw perfectly down the middle....the little voice on my shoulder tells me something's wrong!

Maybe I'm just catching it when it's not calibrated, but if it's right, I'm buying myself one of these drivers....

If it's not right, you should buy one of those simulators!

Really enjoying the review. G20 seems like a solid driver all around. Really would like to know how it compares to the G15, which I currently have and really like.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how I missed this post. I'm quite surprised with these results I must admit. The D2 seems forgiving to me. I hit the G15 last year and was skying it but damn was it forgiving. Might be time for me to "try out" a new driver. Thanks dude

Same here CL, I'm not sure how I missed that but what great data and THank you to Jonathan. I'm still not sold that this is a driver that I would like to try but its getting closer.

Great review JB. Thanks for taking the time to test and gather the data! Hope you have time to put a Miya shaft in the G20 to make a completely level playing field.

When will we be seeing you on the tour with those numbers???

My GolfSmith seems a little more accurate than that. I was showing about 105 - 110 mph swing speed, and ball speeds in the high 150's to low 160's. I definitely hit the occasional push or pull on the simulator, but the overall accuracy was pretty tight. These speed measurements are consistent with what I have seen at 2 different Edwin Watts, so I am guessing this is the right range for me. The total distance I think is on the high side - giving me 280 - 290 on most of the good hits, when on the course I think they would be more like 260 - 275.

Really looking forward to hearing about this more. My G10 is starting to get a bit worn looking and I know it is time for a new driver. I love the G10 but really hated hitting the K15 so I'm intrigued by the marriage of the two with this. Loved the fact that looking down at it in the unboxing video it looked almost exactly like my G10 with a slightly more closed look. Based on the stats from the misses I'm also hopeful as my typical miss is towards the toe.

Looking forward to the reviews from the course. Any thoughts on when those are coming JB?

Looking forward to the reviews from the course. Any thoughts on when those are coming JB?

We have sent the driver to one of our staff members who will be taking over from here.

Can't wait to here. Never really been a fan of ping but always heard they put out good drivers. Maybe ill hit this one

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

JB, for the life of me I'm using an iPad.... And cannot see the link for the video in the first page of this post..! Would you be kind enough to pm me the link? Thanks

JB, for the life of me I'm using an iPad.... And cannot see the link for the video in the first page of this post..! Would you be kind enough to pm me the link? Thanks

Sent:comp:

For some reason I stared at this driver yesterday at GG and it was taking to me. Sure is a nice looking stick. And it looks like it really doesn't want to go right. I wanted to OEM it but left with only a frogger brush. :(

Last edited:
that's like walking into a strip bar and walking out with only a pack of matches lol

For some reason I stared at this driver yesterday at GG and it was taking to me. Sure is a nice looking stick. And it looks like it really doesn't want to go right. I wanted to OEM it but left with only a frogged brush. :(

that's like walking into a strip bar and walking out with only a pack of matches lol

I know! Who does that. Stupid G20 driver.

Whatever you do don't hit it. I hit one and it ended up in my trunk

Tap Tap Tapatalk

Whatever you do don't hit it. I hit one and it ended up in my trunk

Tap Tap Tapatalk

We refer to that around here as you OEM'ed it. haha well done. Thats one thing I didnt do was hit it. But with how messed up my driver swing is right now maybe that would be the cure.

I went from a light white driver to the g20. Personally heavier is better

Tap Tap Tapatalk

PING G20 Driver Preview

PING G20 Driver Preview

The latest arrival to the NE office of THP is the PING G20 driver. I'm really excited to test this out considering I love the K15 which has been in my bag for quite some time now. The G20 has a great shape and profile that really suits my eye and immediately gives me confidence to go out and take a few whacks with it! I'll be hitting the range with this banger tomorrow and then it'll see some on course action this weekend. Thanks to PING and THP for allowing me to test the G20!

Specs- 9.5* loft, S flex (45 3/4 shaft)

8e89c1f9.jpg

4117433a.jpg

47553f14.jpg

a5baf8c5.jpg

3e613b32.jpg

7af0e4ab.jpg

d397073f.jpg

I gotta admit this club looks way better in person than in pics. Can't wait to hear more Hanks.

I will say I like the looks better than the G15. Interested to hear your thoughts compared to JB.

Doh! This has my pondering.

True spank. Hanks, which shaft is that? It's not the tour shaft right?

I'll be following this driver closely!

Back