Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Razr X is a sick hybrid, if you put a good shaft in it. The stock shaft is pretty poor but I have a PX 7.0 in mine and I freaking love it.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Good to hear. I had the stock shaft and I was not pleased at all. Maybe when I return to my search for a new hybrid next season I'll check that one out with a different shaft. Thanks for the input TC.

I picked up the one with slope as well as the pin seeker technology. Seriously the best thing I have added in the past 6 months. Absolutely no question on distance. Consistently pull the right club. Just checked you can get 15% online today through golfsmith.com

The models with slope are illegal in tournaments.

Interesting. I'd love to hear how the switch goes for you. Have you ever hit anything with the Miyazaki Kusala Silver in it?

Yes, gamed my buddie's Silver yesterday for 9 holes. It just felt more solid than the stock TP shaft. Unfortunately, he does not want to part with it :).

The models with slope are illegal in tournaments.

Yeah he would have to get one with the just the pin seeker. I picked up the one with slope because believe me you don't want me in tournaments.

Yeah he would have to get one with the just the pin seeker. I picked up the one with slope because believe me you don't want me in tournaments.
Yeah I need the one without the slope. I play a lot of tournaments, so I definitely need one that is tournament legal.

Pondering a new driver -- no particular model yet but I will be making a move this off-season anyway. I'd like more forgiveness than the Zr-W offers and I'm agnostic on the "lite" phenom with respect to drivers. I do like my Mashies and they are lighter but the notion of trying to keep a very light 46+ driver on tempo and on plane seems daunting since off the tee is the weakest part of my game anyhoo.

Ok I went through with it today after a few rounds to think about it...dropped my TL310 off at PGA SS to have the shaft pulled so I can put it into my SuperTri. Really nervous for some reason now.

Im definitely pondering some 588 wedges.....

Im definitely pondering some 588 wedges.....

They are going to be amazing! Is it bad that I already have my wedges planned?

They are going to be amazing! Is it bad that I already have my wedges planned?

Just looking at a quick WITB for you c0ncept, you might be able to use a 56*! Cleveland 588's here he comes!

BDG

Just looking at a quick WITB for you c0ncept, you might be able to use a 56*! Cleveland 588's here he comes!

BDG

Im going with a 55* and a 59*...a 51* is coming but I think it will be a RXF to match my iron set.

I think JB would send the CIA after me lol

I think he would, I'm pondering inviting Tmex to my house for next weekend. He seems to like to travel.

I am pondering eBaying a couple random 6 irons from sets I never really got to hit..

Going to be tough to find a j38 in an x100 though, at least I think!

For some strange reason I find myself pondering drivers. I think I'm married to my XL though, because she acts up once in a while, but as soon as I start looking elsewhere she gets jealous and destroys all challengers for the top spot in my bag. I should name this driver Christine.

Pondering a 58* wedge....54 as my highest just isnt cutting it right now

I pondered and then executed a purchase on an Adams Idea A7 4 hybrid, based on some positive posts here at THP. I took the club out to the range on Saturday and hit it really well from first swing. No learning curve at all with this new club, and ball flight was straight and long. I needed a reliable club I could hit 190-200 and I think this one's a keeper.

Been pondering the Adams A7OS irons for several weeks. Hit them twice now (once with launch monitor) and the distance and shot dispersion was good. I searched this thread for "adams a7os" but got no hits. Anybody currently playing them or have a link to discussion? With the A12OS coming out soon, I figured the price would continue to drop. I also don't have "marketplace" privileges yet so even more reason to wait!!

Pondering some Wilson Staff goodness. God those clubs are insane!:bulgy-eyes:

Pondering some Wilson Staff goodness. God those clubs are insane!:bulgy-eyes:

No joke. Sessy is an understatement. I'd looooooooove to get my hands on those and swing em around, and I love my irons, those are just ridiculous though.

I keep pondering the Ping G20 driver. It looks like it doesnt want to go right.

The Hawk ponder is over. I will move over to the what did I buy thread.

I am thinking of getting either a Taylormade Vicino or Backstryke 2 ball. They both felt great in the store.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I need help with a new putter. I have a Nike Ignite 001 I bought about three years ago and an Odyssey 2 ball blade. I'm finally striking the ball better, but now I'm on the green for birdies and can't finish. Don't know if it's me or my old putters. Pondering the new styles of putters but need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back