Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Very cool update, Kelly. I love that you are able to use they 4h off the tee and get accuracy with distance. A couple of these posts really makes me think about how I play off the tee and how I should play off of it.

Hawk -- She was whacking the HECK out of that 4H! It was funny as she was hitting that thing with a ton of confidence and straight as an arrow.

Great stuff dd, smallville, and kb. Hope I can hit these soon. Look forward to more reviews

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Great stuff dd, smallville, and kb. Hope I can hit these soon. Look forward to more reviews

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Thanks buddy, if you don't get to hit them soon you can certainly hit mine at the outing, even if I am not gaming them, I would have them there. Of course they may be there courtesy of Adams Golf for demo day.

Smallie, DawgDaddy and KB, wonderful job guy's enjoyed reading your results. I'm amazed at how much we all share in some area's, yet see a little different fit between us all.

Stay at in Kelly, those iron's will come around. Who rests anyway? I figure I can sleep when I die, lol.

I had a pretty solid round today on a very nice course. Not much sleep last night, so may take a quick nap before super and then write my views from the round.

Smallie, DawgDaddy and KB, wonderful job guy's enjoyed reading your results. I'm amazed at how much we all share in some area's, yet see a little different fit between us all.

Stay at in Kelly, those iron's will come around. Who rests anyway? I figure I can sleep when I die, lol.

I had a pretty solid round today on a very nice course. Not much sleep last night, so may take a quick nap before super and then write my views from the round.

Thanks Duey. The irons have come around nicely now that I'm getting used to them. I am hitting some really nice shots but need to get used to the extra distance I am seeing. I love the fact that they are straight with no draw like I was sometimes getting with the G15. I've worked out the alignment issues and I think putting the new grips on will help even more.

Thanks everyone. It was quite an interesting round. My back was hurting so I had decided not to play today, but ended up going after getting a call from the golf course.

Jacqui called me and said one of the guys might not be able to make it tonight so I went out today just to prepare in case they needed a sub in the league tonight so a few of us just went out and played without keeping any score.

It was a better day today, I was hitting most everything 10-20 yards farther than yesterday. Even had a 196 yard 4H off the tee, which felt GREAT! Next time out might be tomorrow, and I'll bring my notebook with me then.

Thanks everyone. It was quite an interesting round. My back was hurting so I had decided not to play today, but ended up going after getting a call from the golf course.

Jacqui called me and said one of the guys might not be able to make it tonight so I went out today just to prepare in case they needed a sub in the league tonight so a few of us just went out and played without keeping any score.

It was a better day today, I was hitting most everything 10-20 yards farther than yesterday. Even had a 196 yard 4H off the tee, which felt GREAT! Next time out might be tomorrow, and I'll bring my notebook with me then.

Wow, now that's a great shot! I love that 4H off the tee!

Wow, now that's a great shot! I love that 4H off the tee!
It helped it was down hill some, but I still didn't get any roll on that one. Got a little bit more roll today, but not like it was last week and the weeks before that.

I once again didn't hit my woods today and stayed out of jail again today. I may have to get the 2 and 3 hybrid of this set.

Great Job everybody....you guys are making me look like a slacker! :D

Range session and short game practice tomorrow evening for sure!

It helped it was down hill some, but I still didn't get any roll on that one. Got a little bit more roll today, but not like it was last week and the weeks before that.

I once again didn't hit my woods today and stayed out of jail again today. I may have to get the 2 and 3 hybrid of this set.

When you bring your driver back in do you expect lower scores or does your driver frequently get you into trouble?

When you bring your driver back in do you expect lower scores or does your driver frequently get you into trouble?
Honestly, I think the lower scores are because I am not playing my driver! I am giving up a lot of yards on my good drives, but the times I get in trouble more than offsets the plus of the extra distance. I may just pull out the driver on wide open holes, and at Painted Hills, there really isn't any. I do like the Cleveland though, and will probably look at a Launcher 3 wood next year for off the tee on tighter courses.

SMalls just read your update and saw a 196 yard 4h!!! That is sick my friend. I love that some are seeing a good distance increase with this irons!

SMalls just read your update and saw a 196 yard 4h!!! That is sick my friend. I love that some are seeing a good distance increase with this irons!
It was my longest today by 20 yards. Caught it just right.

One of the guys I played with today hit it 250+. He wanted to take it from me!

I know I am getting the 3H and if it performs as well as I think it will I will then look at the 2H also. I love these hybrids.

Holy ghosts of bashing hybrids past Smallville! thats huge! and awesome. What else did he say about?

As I mentioned yesterday, I played 18 and shot my best round ever on this course (85) which is 4 shots better than I shot last week with my Clevelands. Also tied my personal best. (Yesterday I thought I shot 86, but while going over my notes, I gave myself a 4 on a Par 3 that I parred). But was it the clubs or the approach to the round? The longest club I played all day was my 4 hybrid, and that was off the Par 5's as well. I left my woods in my bag all day, even when I was tempted. The result? I never had a shot I had to keep down below the tree limbs because I stayed out of the "forest". I hit a few trees (limbs) but never had to take a recovery shot.

Congrats on the round Smallville! Nothing like shooting a personal best while testing out a set! Great write up!

250+ 4H?? WOW. What does he hit Driver?

Wow 250+ that is nuts! I barely hit my driver that far

Holy ghosts of bashing hybrids past Smallville! thats huge! and awesome. What else did he say about?
He also hit the 8 iron. Said he could beat Tiger Woods with these clubs!

250+ 4H?? WOW. What does he hit Driver?
Wow 250+ that is nuts! I barely hit my driver that far
He is having trouble with his driver right now. Big slice. But said he was hitting over 300 with his R7 that he traded in on a Superfast that he hit well before he got it but can only slice it now that he owns it. But seeing the 250+ 4H, I'd say 300 with his driver is right in line. He could hit it a long way even with a slice.

TH, that's why he wanted to take it, and use it off the tee! haha

Nice update Smallie, good to hear your getting back out there some. Sorry to hear your back is giving you fits again, hope you make it back out tomorrow.

The weather today was much different than yesterday, but nothing real bad, just a bit breezy and cooler. I played a rather nice course and the conditions were soooo much better than yesterday, it was actually a privilege to be out there on the course with a beer and some new friends, lol. Things didn't start out real well with my tee time, but I'll cover that in another thread.

Tue, Sept 20th, 2011
http://www.tregarongolf.com/golf/proto/tregarongolf/ (Links style course)
Mid 70's temp with 15 to 20 MPH winds
Late AM Tee Time
Today's Stat's: 41/39 (80), 10/14 fw's, 8 GIR, 34 putts

About the only thing I could blame a tough round on today was the wind, or possibly the new to me course, but thankfully I had a solid round and more fun that I'm sure I had a right to. To start things off, this was a somewhat short par 71 course at 6508 yards from the tips (Gold here). I myself played from the blue's, 5798 yards as I joined up on the first tee with a threesome on their way out. Tregaron is a very nice course that is in super shape and by the sounds of it, that's how this course stay's all the time. Well manicured, super fast greens, an over all setup that has its share of risk reward and to the most part a great staff. I got to set down for a beer with the manager of this course and enjoyed my visit.

I'm happy to report that the Adam's a12 OS iron's worked really well in most categories today. I did have one time where the 6h was called upon to reach a shorter than average distance for it, yet too far for the 7i. At 155 yards to the green I was hitting into a strong breeze around 20 with gusts much higher and the 6h was dead on. That ball off the fw just stayed on the flag from start to finish as my playing partners yelled go in, go in, lol. The ball went right over the flag by a couple feet and released to like 30 feet away, so still long but softer greens would have held that ball.

That kind of set the tone for most of the day. The greens, while super fast, were a big harder making it tough to stop the ball. I've never really felt like these had much of any spin control like other clubs I've had, but coming in so high they shouldn't need it too much. Once again the driver was off and on, but mostly on allowing me to fire darts at the greens more often. I don't remember ever playing a round where I heard people calling for my ball to go in from long range as often as they did today. I seldom kept the ball close to the hole, but every shot was right at it and most went right over the top yo release away from the pin. A far cry from yesterdays round with everything sticking short.

Here's a shot of the course and an approach shot or two.
002.jpg

Hole #5, par 3 157 yards. From the tee box we thought this ball was within a foot or so, but just released straight away. Both shots here were 8i.
011.jpg
[/IMG]

Hole #12, anothe par three 146 yards. This is a tough hole with water on several sides and a very narrow approach if you leave it short. Lot's of sand as well.
014.jpg
[/IMG]

017.jpg
[/IMG]

To be honest, I had no shortage of shots to take pictures of today thanks to the Adams clubs. Possibly the best shot of the day was from 160 yards into a really stiff wind with a tough lie. I had to muscle a 6h to get there and that one held up a little in the wind landing softly pin high left about 6 feet. That was the only shot today that really had a hard time penetrating the breeze.

In the two days here I've shown these clubs to numerous people and several have hit a shot or two. Everyone seems very excited with the results they see as well as what they are seeing me do with them.

Good review and beautiful pics duey.

Good stuff duey and that is a very nice looking course. Nice going in the wind.

Wow Due, great pics and excellent golf shots! I can't believe how fast all of you testers are dialing these in and laying waste to golf courses nationwide!

Good review and beautiful pics duey.

Good stuff duey and that is a very nice looking course. Nice going in the wind.

Thanks. I really don't mind playing in the wind, but that really had me worried about these clubs. They sure help up today. Any time I can shoot an 80 on a course I've never seen and has as much trouble around it as this had I'm pleased. From the tip's I'm sure the story would have been much different, but I'll take it.

Back