Future of Product Testing on THP

Actually, if there is a faithful responsible THPer in the area, it wouldnt hurt to send someone like Hawk, JRod, Hanks, TC to knock on their door, be polite, and ask them for the clubs back. It could be exciting, make it like a cheaters video, embarassment + having to give the clubs back. Epic.

That can get those guys into trouble.

I think it really stinks that people just up and disappear. Those were good members with lots of post out there. I really hope everything is okay. I suppose that would be the reason for not posting anymore. I can not imagine just up and not posting on THP anymore. I have made so many friends on here. It would be so hard to just leave THP behind.

I think it really stinks that people just up and disappear. Those were good members with lots of post out there. I really hope everything is okay. I suppose that would be the reason for not posting anymore. I can not imagine just up and not posting on THP anymore. I have made so many friends on here. It would be so hard to just leave THP behind.

I'm honestly shocked those 2 did this dmb. They did have a ton of posts.

Admittedly I didn't read this whole thread (holy crap 79 pages). Personally I think some structure around the actual reporting would be beneficial. Some sort of template that asks for statements about various aspects of the item and then an open area for editorial comments. All in all I think the user reviews on this site are fantastic.

wasnt Beuwolf having medical problems? Im not sure but I thought I saw something about him having some medical problems earlier before he pulled the chris angel.

I'm honestly shocked those 2 did this dmb. They did have a ton of posts.

Yeah. I think it makes it really hard on THP to pick testers in the future. How do you know who to trust? I have about the same amount of post as one of them and I don't plan on leaving. I feel like I am personally invested in this site. I have a hard time leaving stuff behind like that.

Wow I had no idea this was happening. I recently had the opportunity to test out a TP Mills putter. I'm kinda new and was surprised I was chosen. I tried to post almost everyday even if I didn't get to take it on the course. I just kept thinking, what an amazing opportunity I just had and sent it along to the next guy, actually a bit before my time was up.

Now I see that next guy, the guy I shipped the club too has been banned, I'm not sure what happened?

wasnt Beuwolf having medical problems? Im not sure but I thought I saw something about him having some medical problems earlier before he pulled the chris angel.

He might have been. And we have repeatedly said to him that we understand that if there are issues, please let someone else finish the process. He responded to the first one and then vanished. Everybody has issues. However obligations still exist. If you have an issue, your bills still have to get paid and life still moves on. It may sound harsh or cold and its not meant to be, but an equipment company that is sending out $1k sets of irons, expects to see work done around them.

All we have ever said is that if something has come up, return the goods and let someone finish out the process that was promised to the company and the readers. These are obligations that in my opinion are the same as any other in life. You deal with the cards that are dealt to you, not run away from them.

He might have been. And we have repeatedly said to him that we understand that if there are issues, please let someone else finish the process. He responded to the first one and then vanished. Everybody has issues. However obligations still exist. If you have an issue, your bills still have to get paid and life still moves on. It may sound harsh or cold and its not meant to be, but an equipment company that is sending out $1k sets of irons, expects to see work done around them.

All we have ever said is that if something has come up, return the goods and let someone finish out the process that was promised to the company and the readers. These are obligations that in my opinion are the same as any other in life. You deal with the cards that are dealt to you, not run away from them.

Unfortunately life does get in the way some times, but you are 110% correct. It takes only 10 minutes to box them up and stop at the post office. I hope that everything is ok with both of them. If everything is fine with them, then they are both selfish and have really worked over 2 great companies in THP and Nike.

I agree. I hope these two dudes did not hurt the relationship of THP and Nike in any way, shape, or form.
Unfortunately life does get in the way some times, but you are 110% correct. It takes only 10 minutes to box them up and stop at the post office. I hope that everything is ok with both of them. If everything is fine with them, then they are both selfish and have really worked over 2 great companies in THP and Nike.

It does suck seeing vanishers. In the Nike Pro Combo testing alone, we have had two completely vanish. In the TaylorMade FW wood testing we had another completely vanish. The two in the Nike Pro Combo testing hit a nerve for multiple reasons. It was a company's first testing on THP. To see that happening has an affect on all future tests and the selfishness of individuals in this case, is staggering. If something comes up, it takes but two minutes to send a quick email to THP. It also takes less than 10 minutes to send the clubs back. But in this case both individuals have been contacted numerous times and not even a response. Its sad really, but in the end, it only affects those around them and they have to deal with the conscious and the karma that come their way.
Sad that people wouldn't even respond after sending correspondences.

This is nothing different than theft and a real slap in the face to all of us who work super hard to bring solid reviews back to THP and it's members, not to mention the companies involved. For most here their word is their bond, but there's always going to be a few out there who simply cannot be trusted.

And the best part is, every time there's a new testing opportunity, once the tester's are selected, you hear grumbling. Instances like this are exactly why THP and the companies involved choose who they choose. One thing I wanted to mention b/c I'm sure it's on people's minds is that THP is different today, especially compared to what it was like when I found it. I didn't find THP b/c of some Twitter or Facebook message about a testing opportunity, b/c truth be told, there weren't any. I found THP b/c I was researching golf equipment, it was a great source, I read the forum a lot, then one day I had a question, so I joined and asked the question. I have been here ever since. I was a member here for over a year before I had the pleasure of ever testing a thing. Now it seems like there's testing opportunities weekly. It really blows my mind. Like I've said, testing stuff for THP is EARNED. And I've seen plenty of people get opportunities and completely squander them. This isn't a post to rub anything in anyone's face, I just want everyone who reads this, then signs up to test to remember: someone's always watching. That's your chance to EARN possible opportunities in the future. Don't squander it. Take it seriously, it's fun, and I promise you, you'll make friends and opportunities for yourself you can't begin to imagine.

It's sad to see two sets of irons vanish, but I'm mostly sad for NIKE. They are a great company who obviously believes in what THP can bring to the table. I'm afraid that trust may have been tarnished a little bit. We can all take responsibility for it and step up our own efforts and show them that a couple of bad eggs don't ruin a dozen.

This is nothing different than theft and a real slap in the face to all of us who work super hard to bring solid reviews back to THP and it's members, not to mention the companies involved. For most here their word is their bond, but there's always going to be a few out there who simply cannot be trusted.

Bingo. It really is saddening that people like this exist, truly irritating.

And the best part is, every time there's a new testing opportunity, once the tester's are selected, you hear grumbling. Instances like this are exactly why THP and the companies involved choose who they choose. One thing I wanted to mention b/c I'm sure it's on people's minds is that THP is different today, especially compared to what it was like when I found it. I didn't find THP b/c of some Twitter or Facebook message about a testing opportunity, b/c truth be told, there weren't any. I found THP b/c I was researching golf equipment, it was a great source, I read the forum a lot, then one day I had a question, so I joined and asked the question. I have been here ever since. I was a member here for over a year before I had the pleasure of ever testing a thing. Now it seems like there's testing opportunities weekly. It really blows my mind. Like I've said, testing stuff for THP is EARNED. And I've seen plenty of people get opportunities and completely squander them. This isn't a post to rub anything in anyone's face, I just want everyone who reads this, then signs up to test to remember: someone's always watching. That's your chance to EARN possible opportunities in the future. Don't squander it. Take it seriously, it's fun, and I promise you, you'll make friends and opportunities for yourself you can't begin to imagine.

It's sad to see two sets of irons vanish, but I'm mostly sad for NIKE. They are a great company who obviously believes in what THP can bring to the table. I'm afraid that trust may have been tarnished a little bit. We can all take responsibility for it and step up our own efforts and show them that a couple of bad eggs don't ruin a dozen.

Fantastic post, I'd add rep but I'm on tapatalk

I found this forum the same way... Researching some new clubs. I am a relative noob here but I can already appreciate the sense of community and friendships that have been created. Its a pretty cool thing and I look forward to becoming more of a part of it in time. If I ever get the chance to test/review a product, cool. If not, I love reading the reviews, asking questions, and adding my 2 cents to other topics around the site. (a lot of the reviews are well done and are really going to start affecting my wallet...)

And the best part is, every time there's a new testing opportunity, once the tester's are selected, you hear grumbling. Instances like this are exactly why THP and the companies involved choose who they choose.

TC I agree with this 100% THP team has a reason for picking the players they pick. Those people who get pick to test a number of products is because THP and the companies can count on these people doing a job like nobody else can! These tester have proven what they can do when given the oppertunity to test an item. For the few months I have been here I have seen the quality of work going into these testing go through the roof and I know how much hard work these people are putting into the test. I still can't believe these people would take a product to test and never show up again, it's what makes JB and his team's job so hard. I can tell you one thing, you'll never see me complain about not getting picked to test a product because I know and trust the THP team. If and when I get my chance I hope I can do as good of a job as lot of the current testers are doing.

Great post TC! The reason I came over to THP was the same reason. They had a great thread going on R9 irons and I jumped in, started reading and asking questions and then contributing.

That really sucks about people getting choosen to test and then run off with the clubs. I really enjoy reading the testing as it has helped me a few times when making club choices.

Keep it the way it is. No, I haven't been chosen yet, but I am willing to wait for the chance. The first place I go now when I want an honest opinion of a product is THP and I think that's what it's all about for most everyone here. Great opportunities to get some cool stuff but a greater opportunity to give back.

Its not different than a job. You are asked to test something and provide your honest feedback. You know what you are getting yourself into when you signup as you post everything clear as day JB. I think you guys have done a phenomenal job of picking testers lately. The adams, SCOR, and Wilson threads have been amazing lately and with the guys you picked for the R11s I have no doubt that thread will blow up as well.

I just think that sometimes people take stuff for granted and it really shows a persons character when they can run away from a situation like THP has provided them. I would think everyone would want to post stuff about their irons up on THP because its a chance to share thoughts and maybe learn something about the new irons like manipulating ball flight or changing the ball position because the iron tends to dig. I dont know Im ranting but Im pissed because for the 2 guys that gave this chance up there is 100s of people on this site I know could have done a great job.

In no way does that fall on JB or GG, but it sucks and I really hope Nike will give THP and all of us another shot as they make awesome equipment.

Im not sure if this was even coherent I just know this kind of stuff really upsets me and im sure plenty of others on the site

Wow I had no idea this was happening. I recently had the opportunity to test out a TP Mills putter. I'm kinda new and was surprised I was chosen. I tried to post almost everyday even if I didn't get to take it on the course. I just kept thinking, what an amazing opportunity I just had and sent it along to the next guy, actually a bit before my time was up.

Now I see that next guy, the guy I shipped the club too has been banned, I'm not sure what happened?

There is so much truth in these two post I thought they should be read again.

I, like TC didn't join for any contest or testing threads. I as looking for info about a driver and found myself watching and listening to the radio shows like Tour Talk with Jake and Dano, it wasn't the forum that hooked me it was the main page. Honestly I didn't even know about the testing opportunites at first. I hope it doesn't offend anyone, but testing isn't why I'm here, I am here to get (and share if I can) solid info from guys (and ladies) that I know and trust. Testing is a chore, I've been picked a few times to do it, and for the most part I think I've done the work properly. Granted the Polara test I pretty much sucked out loud at and I don't know why but I tried my best and didn't run away.

I truly hate it for the respective companies, in this case Nike and for the THP family. After all the gear Nike sent to the demo day I was thrilled there was such a strong reaction the the pro combo testing. I hoped and still hope it was the beginning of a great relationship. As we all know all you can do is put a little faith in your fellow members and hope it doesn't happen again.

Tremendous job TC. I found this place because my buddy Canadan told me about it and said how great the people are and what a great community. He never once mentioned Product Testing and I really think this is how it should be. I am not going to tell anyone how to run a business but maybe lets not promote signups for new product testings until after the testers are selected. This way people can get the great feedback from the testers on products that they may potentially be interested in buying. IMHO advertising a testing to people who are not part of the site just breeds people looking to come here for free stuff. Testing is a privilege and by advertising, at least to me, it makes it seem like a contest/giveaway. I hope that makes sense.

I can't believe I'm reading this thread again, so depressing. AGAIN, echoing what many are saying: use common sense and common courtesy. I believe if you get a chance to test and you can't fulfill the responsibility at that time, sending the product back for another tester would be applauded like no other. Taking that moment to provide another person a chance is a HUGE statement about your personal ethics and willingness to further the success of the THP community. I know this is the internet where everyone out out for a free bit of stuff, however sometimes, occasionally, it isn't always just about you. THP is one of those times.

<falls off soap box, sprains knee>

Back