Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha nice1! I love it when I'm like Doh! as it knuckle shots like a bullet and then a sigh of relief when it's close or on the green.

I honestly think it ended up better than it would have had I pured it. I told myself as I walked up, "It doesn't have to be pretty . . ."

I feel stupid when I hit a put and miss my mark and start charging after the ball angrily only to have it drop anyway.

SCOR 52 wedge holed out from 26 yards for birdie.

Tappin' from my iPad!

That is awesome! Nice job man. I always use higher lofted wedges from that close, was it like a bump and run or something?

Thanks!! Had about 22 yards to edge of the green and pin just a few yards on and landed it into the embankment and it just shot at the flag and hit it dead center. Most of the time it would bounce off like 8 feet. It was either land it short or try a big flop shot.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Had 220 to the front to a par 5 for my second. I couldn't see the green over the marsh and it doglegged right about 30 yards. I hit a gorgeous fade to about 15 ft. I missed the putt, but it did have about 10 ft of break. Made birdie though

Last week I was playing the 367 yd 18th at a course I play about 3 times a year. I needed par to finally break 80 on this course for the first time ever. I hit a good drive down the center and had a great lie, 120 yds to the middle with the pin in back. Hit my 8 easy but "chunked " it to around 65 yds (you know the feeling) and now needed 1 putt for par if I got on in 3. I decided on my 52 Vokey and said "get this close" The pin in the back, I went right at it and stuck it close foot and a half. Made the putt, 4!

165 yard par 3 over water into a 15 MPH wind. Beautiful flight and ends up 13 feet left of flag....made the putt!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Wild drive into the trees to the right, left a marginal gap through the trees with 190-200 yard to carry the water with to a 20ft rise to the green...oh and OB to the left. Pull out the Mashie and everyone starts laughing and saying "Here goes Seve" followed by rolling of eyes. Sweet as strike, ball flys off the face, clears the water and rolls to back of green to a round of applause from my 3 co-players.....I then procede to 3 putt for a bogey :-(

played 27 holes yesterday, pretty miserably. got out of my recent excursion into the 3-digit zone but had a few really bad blow-up holes that left me with a 97 and a 46. The highlight of the day was on the par 4 #6 of my home course. sliced my drive into the fairway of the previous hole, tried to save the GIR but put it a little long/right of the green where it rolled up to within a couple of feet of some shrubs around an outdoor restroom. I was about 30 feet off the green and couldn't get a backswing enough to chip on and wound up chopping it to within 5 feet of the fringe. Figured I was looking at a bogie at best but I chipped in to save par.

Played Coyote Springs yesterday, stuck a 6i 187 into a 15mph wind on a par 3 to within 5ft. Unfortunately, missed the putt :(

Sitting 171 yards out with a tee shot on a par 5, 520 yard first hole, first swing of the day, no warmup, dead center of the fairway. Arguably the best tee shot I have hit in a year and maybe the best ever considering no warmup.

Played in howling wind and rain yesterday. It turned into a practice round pretty quick. It was nice to be able to play some of those horrible-conditions shots you never really get to practice. A few stood out to me. On a 160 yard par 3 the wind was blowing straight right to left and around 20 mph. I went up a club and decided to hit a cut against the wind. The flag was in the center. I aimed the clubface for the right side of the green and my feet for the left and put great compression on the ball. You could see the ball fighting against the wind as it maintained a line dead on the flagstick. The only problem was that I didn't have enough club. It bounced two feet short of the green and rolled into a sand trap. Lesson learned.

On a long par 4 with the wind blowing in my face and left to right I tried to play a low draw against the wind to get some roll down a nice speed slot on the right side of the fairway. I made the right swing, but I started the ball too far right for the wind. It never had a chance to come around and the wind just tore it right off of my hole and threw it across an adjacent fairway into the deep rough. I was able to get the ball out of the rough, but it died immediately and flew right into deeper rough between the two holes and I lost it. At that point I declared the round a practice round.

I actually had a good shot on a par 4 I generally don't like. It's a little over 400 yards and it doglegs sharp left around a pond. From the tips I can pretty easily clear the pond to give myself about 100 in, but historically if I pull it too far left I put it into some cattails at the very tip of the pond up short of the green. With my new and improved swing, though (and my new driver), I am able to clear the pond at any angle (but there's still sand and rough over the cattails. Yesterday I hit three tee shots on that hole. I tried to hit a draw against the wind with my driver to my normal landing area, as well as a knock-down 3w and then a draw with my 3w to a closer landing area. The shots with the 3w worked out, but left me with quite a bit to the green against the wind. Both approaches missed the green. With my driver I over cooked the draw and it ended up in the sand. This left me with about thirty yards to the hole from the sand, directly into the wind. I decided to try to squeeze the ball out of the sand with my 53° wedge. I aimed left to account for the left-to-right break of the green and the inevitable cut spin I would put on the ball. It went long and left, but there was quite a bit of spin and I sucked the ball back and to the right to 8" from the hole. The only other time I was in that sand trap I left with a bogey. This time I had birdie.

I had a dozen bizarre shots yesterday that I could write about, but that should do it for now.

Finally eagled the par 5 3rd hole (521 yards) at my home course! Hit a nice drive 273 yards just into the first cut of rough. It was sitting up nice so I had a crack at it with my 2 hybrid from 248 out. Caught it nearly perfect! Baby draw that took a nice hop off the bank of a bunker and kicked to the middle of the green. Had about 25ft left for eagle and drained it after a player partner had a similar put from about 5 feet further away!

The only par 5 I havent eagled at my home course is the 15th which is an uphill dogleg left that is 531 yards on the card but plays much longer. It has a WELL guarded green, only about 20 foot gap between two bunkers if you want to run it up. I'll get it evenutally...

my 2nd shot into the par 5 18th at Browns Mill in atlanta. R11 4 iron to 12' below the flag. High, right to left that never left the flag.

Played small little course out in the country. #5, 292 yd par four, dogleg right, somewhat uphill. Hit 3 iron over/thru trees onto green. putted in for the eagle. Yeah me!

I ripped a 200 yard 5 iron the other day, par five, ended up just short of the green.

I had a bump and run chip-in from about 20 yards away. The ball skipped quick onto the green, but the greens were slow and the ball just died into the cup. Birdie!

drained an impossible uturn breaking 30 footer from the fringe

1st hole, par 4 dogleg right. Was about 20 ft from the pine trees that guard the corner so it was a blind shot. Had about 155, so I hit a 9 up over the trees. Thought I was a bit right but the ball mark was 1 ft below the pin. I could tell that the ball bounced past the pin then spun back past it again because I saw its path in the dew on the green. 2 footer for birdie doesn't hurt though.

Had a few nice shots with my JPX-800 GW yesterday but the best was on the 11th hole (my 2nd) I had just pulled my mashie directly left of the green into a lateral hazard, ball was sitting down in a hole in the thick grass about 50 yards away. I had been practicing 50 yard shots with the GW and thought if I could just get the club on the ball cleanly I had a chance. Made my half swing and caught the ball perfectly, it came clean out of the grass and landed about a yard onto the green, released down the bank to about 2 feet from the hole, made the par putt.

97 yard 52 wedge, 5 feet past pin, spun back to 3 feet, missed birdie, made par

tapatalk addict....

164 yard par 3 downhill, ended up in the sand just to the right of the green. green sloping away knew i needed to land my sand shot right on the fringe and have it roll down to the hole. 60* perfect shot out of the sand- saved PAR with a 1 put from 5' AND I GOT IT ON VIDEO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back