Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAH.
If they cloned you and put you and your clone together, you would be normal height.

But double the awsomeness!!

HAHAH.
If they cloned you and put you and your clone together, you would be normal height.

I lol'd

Congrats DDec!

Great post CL and thank you and you are welcome.
Im going to miss that avatar though.

Agreed, way to go CL! And that avatar is seriously going down in history.

CONGRATS dd!!!!!!!

HAHAH.

Small in stature...Huge in heart!

Me too! It will probably go back but I thought Napoleon was fitting at least for today

Congrats Chunky!

Good stuff for sure, major congrats CL!!!

You deserve it man!! I know personally you were one of the first people to banter and chat with me on here and it made me feel much more comfortable and welcome as I hadn't been a member of a forum of any type and didn't know the ropes. So personally THANK YOU!

I truly appreciate that man. I have been a member of a bunch of various forums and I know what it is like to lounge in anonymity. This place is just different. Family

+1, and perhaps he should have to bring it back after TMC if his team does not win.

I truly appreciate all the kind words everyone. I was flat out stunned when I was told I was under consideration and even more stunned that I made the cut. I have been lucky at some aspects of life and not so lucky at others. I consider this one of my luckiest decisions in terms of joining and then participating. This site has brought nothing but good things to my life. I consider many of you true friends and I just hope I can continue in the steps of Biggsy and TC. This site has quite a few members that I would consider "legends" and those 2 are part of that group. That I get to follow in their footsteps is amazing and certainly humbling. I'm not afraid to admit that I got a little emotional at this news. This place and the people here mean that much to me.

I will keep this short as trust me I can write a novel. I just want to say a special thanks to Josh and Morgan. I am not sure I've met 2 nicer more generous people. I don't exactly know what they see in me but I am glad that they see something. I truly appreciate all the opportunities you have afforded me and I will do my best to make the two of you glad that you picked me. Dean I plan on making this fun. Banter will go back and forth but at the end of the day I consider you a friend and that is what truly matters. I don't know what else to say other than Thank you so much.

Great post CL! I have to say that you would have to search pretty hard to find one more deserving of this than you!

and then you would have to search pretty hard just to find you! but that is another story. :D

I truly appreciate that man. I have been a member of a bunch of various forums and I know what it is like to lounge in anonymity. This place is just different. Family

Completely agree. Good luck and go get em Captain!

I'll be talking. I will play the best I know how and rep THP/my sponsor with everything I have.

Quoted because anyone trying to get into this should read it more than once. This is what it's about. Great post Hawk

Aw man, it's getting dusty in this room. Great post CL. You deserve this and you're in this position on merit, so go get it el capitano!

Well this is a welcome surprise announcement for sure! This whole team is really deserving of this awesome opportunity.

Congratulations guys, looking forward to this in a big way!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Holy Smokes I didn't see this one coming to be honest with you! I'm honered of course and never knew this was coming. Chunky and Dean, I love you little fella's, but you're going down!!!!

Well I will have to bend down to pick up that big trophy. Lift with the legs otherwise my back will go out

And what if they were picked to be on Team Paradise...?

Couldn't happen. Balance of power in the golf world would shift too far to one side. If so, I have no problems putting my foot in my mouth, wouldn't be the first time.

That is exactly why I am staying quiet right now. I want in! I of course will support if not, but until the full teams are announced, I am Switzerland!

Then make us some good timepieces because I need something to look at while waiting for the next announcements.

Captain CL or Ddec would have their work cut out for them if they get a turncoat on their team. I'm all for making their jobs a little more....interesting?

Yup......I saw that after I re-read it

I still sit in awe and amazement. Actually told my wife all about this for the last 30 or so minutes when I got in from golf. So, crazy, amazing.

Then make us some good timepieces because I need something to look at while waiting for the next announcements.

Captain CL or Ddec would have their work cut out for them if they get a turncoat on their team. I'm all for making their jobs a little more....interesting?

Sorry bro, I make the swiss army knives, and I would use them to cut the hearts out of team THP! Maybe I'll add a melon baller to the next one for just that purpose...hmmmm...

In the first ever Morgan Cup this year, everybody got to see an incredible contest between Team Hackers and Team Paradise. When THP set out to put on the ultimate amateur golf event, we thought two teams going head to head in a weekend of golf had a nice ring to it. As the Morgan Cup came to a close, and the feedback from our wonderful readers came in, it was apparent THP should do it again.

Well, when we set out to do something again, we always want to raise the bar from the previous level set and to do that we brought in 3 wonderful companies in Bridgestone, Callaway and Cleveland Golf/Srixon and changed the format to grow from 16 players to 24. What is better than two teams going at it? 3 teams going at it of course.

Team Hackers - Led by forum member Chunkylover77
Team Paradise - Led by forum member Ddec
And introducing Team THP - Led by JB

The folks behind this site (not myself and GolferGal) really make this place what it is. We have a list of guys that work on these forums and home page and that we are proud to call our staff. These guys write articles, moderate the forum, make the forum run properly, bring you every thing that you see here each and every day and do it for the love of this place. Now it is time that myself and GolferGal pay them back (with a gift that of course costs them money). At least in principle.

Team THP is made up of the great folks that work tirelessly to make this place the best place on the net and work every single day to accomplish that goal.

Coolbreeze
Puttin4Bird
Hawk
Hanks
TC
Smallville
Yoccos

If one of these individuals is not able to make it due to timing, cost or handicap requirement, a replacement will be found

These 7 individuals are partnering with me to make up Team THP. The guys that work their butts off each and every day to bring you all the latest golf news and make this forum the place that it is.

This team will compete against Team Hackers and Team Paradise for the Cup in the ULTIMATE AMATEUR GOLF EVENT!

Sorry for the long quote but I just wanted to say I am so psyched that all of you are going. It's going to be an amazing time down there!! Well deserved and great choice JB & GG.

napoleon-ice-cream.jpg

Sorry for the long quote but I just wanted to say I am so psyched that all of you are going. It's going to be an amazing time down there!! Well deserved and great choice JB & GG.

Second that. Some great golf going to be happening this year from the MC 2.0. Great captains and teams so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back