Shotly Golf Grab Bag Fail

InitialDL

Reaction score
Handicap
infiniti
Any other THPer's jump in on this fiasco?

I bought 2 $25 grab bags, and was deeply disappointed with the crappy $15 TM hat I got.

Shipping was super slow, and did not get tracking numbers as promised.

After checking out Shotly's FB page as well as other forums, I saw that my "prize" is on the better side of things, though I haven't yet received my 2nd item.I saw posted that the owners were "losing $5K" on the promotion but have only found livid buyers. No response to VM or email from their site when I asked if / when I was going to receive my 2nd package.

I saw from other sites that people got REALLY crappy things that were nowhere near the $25 MSRP claimed by Shotly...

I'm not holding my breath for Shotly to redeem themselves w/ my yet to arrive / phantom 2nd package.

/rant...

Just wondering what you guys got... and wanted to give a heads up on anyone thinking of dealing w/ Shotly..

Keep in mind that MSRP and store pricing are different. Ironically enough, many OEM hats have MSRP of right around $25.99

Im not sticking up for the company, frankly I have never even heard of them.

you mean I won't be getting a new set of clubs?????? Will see next week I suppose---------------------------------------

Yeah JB i hear ya, which is why I just disappointed rather than livid like so many of the other customers... unless i don't get the 2nd package and have ended up paying $50 for the cap. It's a huge red flag for me when they suddenly just have been on communication silence whereas before they'd respond in a day or less.

**Update**

ONE person from another site got a set of Callaway X22 Tours so perhaps there is still hope! lol

Last edited:
I completely expected the majority of the items to be crap. All of the people on facebook that are pissed off about getting crappy items clearly don't get the idea behind it. If they sent out 25 dolalrs to everybody, then sent 200 dollar items to some, they would lose TONS of money. Most people will get crappy items, and the lucky few will get something good. I haven't recieved either of mine yet. The only way I will be upset is if I only get 1 crappy item, when I purchased two of the grab bags. I haven't received either yet.

Agreed with you wakerider. They can't give good items to everyone for $25 dollars or they will go under. It's a risk reward type of thing people need to realize that.

I'm with JB, I have never even heard of this site

I thought the whole ideas was a "promotion" to build awareness and customer base. I wouldn't expect everyone to get the best deal. For $25 however I would think you would get something close in value to that and one person would get the set of clubs or whatever as a giveaway or partrially paid for with the proceeds from the other bags. From reading this and several other threads I don't think it's going to help them in the long term. Looks like they threw everything they couldn't sell into the deals. One person reported that they specifically asked and was told at least the MSRP would be $25. Several people have posted stuff that didn't even total that at MSRP and you really shouldn't be paying close to that anyway. First thing I thought of when I saw the deal was someone has a bunch of junk they can't sell otherwise and needs cash fast.

Of course it's "only" $25, but don't kid yourselves. There are some golf retailers you can get something pretty decent for $25 especially if you are willing to take something from last years model.

Any other THPer's jump in on this fiasco?
I bought 2 $25 grab bags, and was deeply disappointed with the crappy $15 TM hat I got.
Shipping was super slow, and did not get tracking numbers as promised.

After checking out Shotly's FB page as well as other forums, I saw that my "prize" is on the better side of things, though I haven't yet received my 2nd item.I saw posted that the owners were "losing $5K" on the promotion but have only found livid buyers. No response to VM or email from their site when I asked if / when I was going to receive my 2nd package.

I saw from other sites that people got REALLY crappy things that were nowhere near the $25 MSRP claimed by Shotly...

I'm not holding my breath for Shotly to redeem themselves w/ my yet to arrive / phantom 2nd package.

/rant...

Just wondering what you guys got... and wanted to give a heads up on anyone thinking of dealing w/ Shotly..

For some reason when I think of "grab bag", I think of the bag having something in it that did not sell, or something no one wants. I think I would pass on that idea.

like I said before, Id rather throw that $25 away elsewhere

like I said before, Id rather throw that $25 away elsewhere

I spend all my money on women and booze, and what I don't spend on that, I just waste...........

I spend all my money on women and booze, and what I don't spend on that, I just waste...........

+1 Now that's what I'm talkin about.....rep added!

Just think of it like a lottery, you never win it, but at least you got a hat this time :clapp:

I always think grab bag promotions are like playing roulette. You might win big, you might push or you might walk away feeling foolish. And that's how I approach it, I pay for the gamble - grab bags are a fun bit of entertainment. And as someone said earlier, I always expect the grab bag to be left over items they are clearing their warehouse shelves of.

And on another note: TOTAL #firstworldproblem

I always think grab bag promotions are like playing roulette. You might win big, you might push or you might walk away feeling foolish. And that's how I approach it, I pay for the gamble - grab bags are a fun bit of entertainment. And as someone said earlier, I always expect the grab bag to be left over items they are clearing their warehouse shelves of.

And on another note: TOTAL #firstworldproblem
Only with five rounds in the chamber...

I heard about this a while back and thought about it, but then decided to bag it (pun intended).

Only with five rounds in the chamber...

I heard about this a while back and thought about it, but then decided to bag it (pun intended).

LOL! Nice Sean! :)

Like I've said, I'm not too concerned with what I get, if I get junk, well thats what I expected. If I get something useful then great, if I get a set of irons or a driver, freakin sweet. But I am starting to get a little concerned I haven't received my package(s) yet. I'm consoling myself by saying "it must be a heavy item, so they used the cheap shipping".

Like I've said, I'm not too concerned with what I get, if I get junk, well thats what I expected. If I get something useful then great, if I get a set of irons or a driver, freakin sweet. But I am starting to get a little concerned I haven't received my package(s) yet. I'm consoling myself by saying "it must be a heavy item, so they used the cheap shipping".

Haha let's hope so! Something as heavy as irons? Maybe...

I hope i actually get the 2nd bag... maybe it's a "heavy" one lol...

I've been wondering about this myself. I thought of it as a lot of fun for sure having no idea what might show up. I only bought one myself and still haven't seen it. But now I'm a little concerned.

Yeah JB i hear ya, which is why I just disappointed rather than livid like so many of the other customers... unless i don't get the 2nd package and have ended up paying $50 for the cap. It's a huge red flag for me when they suddenly just have been on communication silence whereas before they'd respond in a day or less.

**Update**

ONE person from another site got a set of Callaway X22 Tours so perhaps there is still hope! lol

I expected this but in extreme rare turnouts...

Basically this was my thought when purchasing as well... and hopefully that's why its taking mine a little longer to arrive?!?!?!?

I miss the $5 "Box of Rocks" from RockBottom. :arrogant:

I purchased two and received one package, it had a golf ball retriever in it. I'm still waiting for either the second package or a tracking number for the second item. I've contacted them and they said it's on the way, but things are not looking good.

As for the concept of the grab bag, I've bought many of them from multiple locations. WOOT definitely has the best, but perhaps it's because they price them at $3. I see it as a way to clean out the warehouse of older items that won't sell. Companies typically lose money and do it for the positive PR. I think shotly was hoping for this to be a profitable endeavor. They posted on another forum that they don't have any inventory in stock so they basically went and bought clearance merchandise after taking the orders.

Back