Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team THP is not under estimated. We will kill small people like chunky and yankee bandwagon fans like ddec. No one stands a chance against us, we are elite, we are seasoned, and we have high post counts!

Seasoned and post heavy goes a long way imo!

I am underestimated. My team (or the team I choose to support) will win. Just like MC 1.0. Oh wait....my team lost. Never mind.

Looking forward to video date announcements!! The ladies clothing from each sponsor has me quivering like ddec in a room full of shaft pullers.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Keeping it Real!

I am underestimated. My team (or the team I choose to support) will win. Just like MC 1.0. Oh wait....my team lost. Never mind.

Looking forward to video date announcements!! All kinds of ideas for my product promo running through my head.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Umm you do realize this is a golf forum and not e harmony right?

--
tapatalk

You are right JB, we don't know where it will be held. If you say you will have no advantage and will have played the course no more than anyone else leading in to the MC, I absolutely believe you. I have no problem admitting having made an incorrect statement. It just cracks me up to see anyone saying team THP is being underestimated.

Im not saying I will or wont have played the course anymore than anybody else. However that has little to do with creating an advantage and more to do with geography. If it is anywhere in FL, does that mean that I have an unfair advantage? If that is the case, I guess Im going to be called on it, because I assure you, if we have our choice, the Morgan Cup will be held somewhat locally to where we live. Its logistically needed for what else goes on with the event.

If someone is that concerned about that, I will gladly remove myself from captain and ask others in the local area surrounding where the event is going to be played to not apply. Honest question though, would you think it would be fair or have any issues, if I told you that the Morgan Cup was going to be held at your local course or in your area? Unfortunately in an event like this, there is almost always going to be someone that lives closer to the course than someone else.

Im not trying to argue with Yorkem, but unfortunately this is going to be an issue no matter where we hold an event like this. Someone will always have an advantage (generalization) based on geography.

Last edited:
Ladies love us, children trust us....and we only sleep once a week and when we do, we sleep in a chair.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

same here. I might have my assistant start posting for me. These plebs bring it like RxGus, both on and off the course.

Seasoned and post heavy goes a long way imo!

Keeping it Real!

All QFT... Cause we are awesome.

I would respond to this, but the Yankees are in an elimination game right now. I guess it's good that I have a high post count as well.

Team THP is not under estimated. We will kill small people like chunky and yankee bandwagon fans like ddec. No one stands a chance against us, we are elite, we are seasoned, and we have high post counts!

My motto for MC 2.0 is "Underestimate no one, destroy the opponent and respect the fallen".

I'd say I'm elite, but I'm a lefty handed Canadian.

Sure it does. Knowing your partner's strengths and weaknesses from experience can't hurt.

It definitely helped ddec and I in our scramble match. Of course, like someone else said, you can figure out strengths and weaknesses after a couple of holes, or just by discussing what part of your game is strongest vs weakest. Scramble strategy can be a bit overrated at times....after a couple of holes, ddec and I didn't have a big strategy on who hit first off of the tee or hit the first putt, it was just whoever felt like doing it at the time. It worked out OK in the end.

Underestimate me all day Dolphin :)

I'm not underestimating you, I think that you and breeze will be just fine. It's the other guys I mentioned that I'll be interested in seeing how they play in the Morgan Cup. Having 5 members on Team THP for MC 2.0 that were in the first event will probably help calm some of the nerves.

We're guaranteed to be the team of the high post count! I do have to ask Jake to get busy since he's the only one on the team not in five digits yet!

Looking forward to video date announcements!! All kinds of ideas for my product promo running through my head.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cookie, if you want some help with how to support/pick a winning team, I will gladly give lessons. hehe.

Team THP blows! We're full of MC 1.0 losers and has been's and our track record means we don't stand a chance.

Quoted for epic truth. TC really understands what Team THP is all about. :D

Im not saying I will or wont have played the course anymore than anybody else. However that has little to do with creating an advantage and more to do with geography. If it is anywhere in FL, does that mean that I have an unfair advantage? If that is the case, I guess Im going to be called on it, because I assure you, if we have our choice, the Morgan Cup will be held somewhat locally to where we live. Its logistically needed for what else goes on with the event.

If someone is that concerned about that, I will gladly remove myself from captain and ask others in the local area surrounding where the event is going to be played to not apply. Honest question though, would you think it would be fair or have any issues, if I told you that the Morgan Cup was going to be held at your local course or in your area? Unfortunately in an event like this, there is almost always going to be someone that lives closer to the course than someone else.

JB, I promise you that you have taken my original post in a completely different direction than it was intended, and not only do I have no issue with you being a captain, I think it is great. It makes 100% sense for TMC to be local for you, and I have no issues with it. The whole point of my post was that nobody is crazy enough to underestimate team THP, and to say that was laughable IMO. In answer to your question, no, I wouldn't, because like you, if it were held in my backyard, I am sure I would do my best to share every bit of knowledge I have, and I know you well enough to know you will as well. I honestly did not know this was such a hot issue for you bro, and I really did not mean anything by it other than a little trash talk banter. It will not be brought up by me again. I truly apologize.

We're guaranteed to be the team of the high post count! I do have to ask Jake to get busy since he's the only one on the team not in five digits yet!

I'm sure with all this banter and everything the MC 2.0 involves, Puttin4Moreposts will get there. Maybe.

It definitely helped ddec and I in our scramble match. Of course, like someone else said, you can figure out strengths and weaknesses after a couple of holes, or just by discussing what part of your game is strongest vs weakest. Scramble strategy can be a bit overrated at times....after a couple of holes, ddec and I didn't have a big strategy on who hit first off of the tee or hit the first putt, it was just whoever felt like doing it at the time. It worked out OK in the end.

I'm not underestimating you, I think that you and breeze will be just fine. It's the other guys I mentioned that I'll be interested in seeing how they play in the Morgan Cup. Having 5 members on Team THP for MC 2.0 that were in the first event will probably help calm some of the nerves.

This made no sense. I don't speak non elite :alien:

JB, I promise you that you have taken my original post in a completely different direction than it was intended, and not only do I have no issue with you being a captain, I think it is great. It makes 100% sense for TMC to be local for you, and I have no issues with it. The whole point of my post was that nobody is crazy enough to underestimate team THP, and to say that was laughable IMO. In answer to your question, no, I wouldn't, because like you, if it were held in my backyard, I am sure I would do my best to share every bit of knowledge I have, and I know you well enough to know you will as well. I honestly did not know this was such a hot issue for you bro, and I really did not mean anything by it other than a little trash talk banter. It will not be brought up by me again. I truly apologize.

FRAT!!

I hope my handicap gets below 18 so I don't embarrass myself

I think you'll be fine Hawk. Just remember there is no breakfast ball at The Morgan Cup

It was not an issue with you Yorkem at all. Just something I wanted to clear up and sometimes tone is hard to establish. No worries on my end, just wanted to tell the other side. All good with me.

I think you'll be fine Hawk. Just remember there is no breakfast ball at The Morgan Cup

Note to self... will not stand in the same area to take pictures of Hawks, Hank, and Smalls tee off. I hope THP invests in a longer zoom lens for MC 2.0.

It was not an issue with you Yorkem at all. Just something I wanted to clear up and sometimes tone is hard to establish. No worries on my end, just wanted to tell the other side. All good with me.

Gotcha. Good good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back