The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big thing that keeps me from android are really two things. The build quality or lack there of and battery life. While I hate the smallish screen on my i4 I can text, talk and use tapatalk most of the day and still come home with 40-50% charge left. I just had a Samsung Infuse 4G and doing the same exact thing it was dead at 1 pm. Deal breaker for me. I do wish Apple would open the OS up or at least give way to more customizing but it is what it is. I'll take the battery life over the other stuff for now.

Android was good for me but the iPhone4 has been everything I need. The widgets were nice but slowed my rooted droid down. iOS has been fine for me and I haven't missed anything from Android. While the iPhone4S may be a disappointment I see it as a decent upgrade with iOS5 coming it'll be a great phone.

The big thing that keeps me from android are really two things. The build quality or lack there of and battery life. While I hate the smallish screen on my i4 I can text, talk and use tapatalk most of the day and still come home with 40-50% charge left. I just had a Samsung Infuse 4G and doing the same exact thing it was dead at 1 pm. Deal breaker for me. I do wish Apple would open the OS up or at least give way to more customizing but it is what it is. I'll take the battery life over the other stuff for now.

battery life is something that I am really looking in to for my next phone. Right now my bat life is horrible on my almost 2 year old HTC Hero. I've heard good things about the battery on the Epic 4G on Sprint. I'm debating on if I really need all of these different apps or if I'd be ok with just tapatalk, a few small things, and good bat life.

I think the closed OS is one of Apples strongest points. I think this is why they run smoothly and have a long battery life. We the users don't mess them up.

battery life is something that I am really looking in to for my next phone. Right now my bat life is horrible on my almost 2 year old HTC Hero. I've heard good things about the battery on the Epic 4G on Sprint. I'm debating on if I really need all of these different apps or if I'd be ok with just tapatalk, a few small things, and good bat life.

If you go that route, get it from Best Buy where you can return it for less hassle and if you keep it you can get the buy back program. That is what I did for the Infuse 4G. They said the same things, very good battery life, but in real life conditions I found otherwise. Also, battery life is relative to who your carrier is and where you live.

Kmac, I've had the same droid for like 2 years now. I don't get all the hot fuss about new ones. If I can call, check email, and tapatalk, I'm good to go. One of these days I'm going to get educated on all the OS's and "s" things. I typically have no clue what you guys are talking about.

When youre up for an upgrade then go try them all and get which one you like.

I think the closed OS is one of Apples strongest points. I think this is why they run smoothly and have a long battery life. We the users don't mess them up.

Yeah its what keeps the poorly written apps from causing all the crashes and freezes that Android gets. And helps battery life too.

If you go that route, get it from Best Buy where you can return it for less hassle and if you keep it you can get the buy back program. That is what I did for the Infuse 4G. They said the same things, very good battery life, but in real life conditions I found otherwise. Also, battery life is relative to who your carrier is and where you live.

I went through Best Buy for my current phone, I will probably go through them again for my next one.
You are right about battery life.

When youre up for an upgrade then go try them all and get which one you like.

Yeah its what keeps the poorly written apps from causing all the crashes and freezes that Android gets. And helps battery life too.

Personally Android scares me because it's open. So many of the Android apps are malware. I heard about one malware app that was downloaded over 200,000 times before it was removed. Scary stuff. Apple holds control over everything and to me, it makes for a better, safer phone.

As for battery life, the 4S is slightly better than the 4 mainly due to the A5 dual-core processor. Slightly better is still better IMO.

Question though, come next wednesday when iOS5 is released what do I have to do? Just sync my iphone to itunes and it'll just do the update(with questions asking if I want to of course)

Question though, come next wednesday when iOS5 is released what do I have to do? Just sync my iphone to itunes and it'll just do the update(with questions asking if I want to of course)

Yeah, hook up to itunes and it will download the update. After that all OS updates with be OTA.

I have no idea what you just said because I cant stop staring at your avatar. Hello, Im OEM and I buy clubs.

Haha that would be Lauren Thompson from Golfnow destinations, and Top 10. She.. Just. Um. Yeah, hot.

I've been there as well and I find the apple to be less aesthetically pleasing but incredibly functional.

I just don't see anything not ideal about the iPhone 4 right now. Great battery life, some very interesting updates in iOS5 coming up, and a quality package.

screw the 4s and it's weak hw upgrade....I'm loving the sounds of iOS 5

voice control (bye bye Dragon)
Notification Center

And it sounds like if you're on AT&T data speeds for 4 and 4s will now be up to 4-5x faster than Verizon's new network

Notification Center

And it sounds like if you're on AT&T data speeds for 4 and 4s will now be up to 4-5x faster than Verizon's new network

What's funny is AT&Ts 4g markets(3 of them compared to vzw that I believe had over 100) lol it may be 4g speed but it's not 4g. Atleast that's what I read?

Notification Center

The data speeds for the iPhone4s are faster on AT&T, but utilizing HSPA+. Think of it like 3G+ or 3.5G. You'll have a max DL speed of 14.4MBPS, which is impressive. Verizon's still using CDMA, as is Sprint. You're stuck with 3G like speed, or 7.2MBPS max. LTE on the other hand, which this phone can't do till next year presumably, I've seen ranging from 17-21mbps on a friend of mine's Thunderbolt. He's got spotty 4G coverage, about 40-50% of the time.

The data speeds for the iPhone4s are faster on AT&T, but utilizing HSPA+. Think of it like 3G+ or 3.5G. You'll have a max DL speed of 14.4MBPS, which is impressive. Verizon's still using CDMA, as is Sprint. You're stuck with 3G like speed, or 7.2MBPS max. LTE on the other hand, which this phone can't do till next year presumably, I've seen ranging from 17-21mbps on a friend of mine's Thunderbolt. He's got spotty 4G coverage, about 40-50% of the time.

And spotty coverage kills battery life.

And spotty coverage kills battery life.

That it does. He bought an extended battery to offset that. Personally I would have just turned off 4G until it hit in his area. It's already in Tampa, he's just over near the bay. I think that's one reason why Apple decided not to include an LTE chip in the phone because it'd get ripped over having a weak battery life. Next year when a lot more markets are running on 4G, they'll look like their device is superior because their device can still get 8hrs of talk time on 4G and be even quicker in performance.

Well after an initial tumble post announcement yesterday, Apple stock closed just roughly $2 and change down. Analysts are echoing what most folks are saying that they're not too hot on this upgrade. What they are positive about is the inclusion of the entry level phones (the free 3GS and the $99 8GB i4) and that it will increase market share for that segment of the population that didn't think it could afford an iPhone. They also forecast that not many iPhone 4 users will upgrade to the 4S but many of the 3-3GS customers will (kinda what we've all been saying here for the last 48 hrs).

Well after an initial tumble post announcement yesterday, Apple stock closed just roughly $2 and change down. Analysts are echoing what most folks are saying that they're not too hot on this upgrade. What they are positive about is the inclusion of the entry level phones (the free 3GS and the $99 8GB i4) and that it will increase market share for that segment of the population that didn't think it could afford an iPhone. They also forecast that not many iPhone 4 users will upgrade to the 4S but many of the 3-3GS customers will (kinda what we've all been saying here for the last 48 hrs).

So you're saying analysts come to THP to get their information. Nailed it!

So you're saying analysts come to THP to get their information. Nailed it!

They should, they would learn a lot.

My wife and I switched phones last night, I gave her my 16gb iPhone 4 and she gave me her 32gb iPhone 4. I was complaining about not having enough room for my music, and she said, "I have 28gb's free on mine." I had no clue I got her the 32gb iPhone.

AP reporting Apple announced Steve Jobs has died.

Tap tap taparoo

AP reporting Apple announced Steve Jobs has died.

Just saw that on CNN.. too bad. Truly shaped the technology world as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back