SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

I had a chance to hit Matt's Scor's the other night at the range. What a great looking club. When I first picked it up I thought it was very light. He had the graphite shafts installed in them which I'm sure made them feel lighter. I think I would want them to be a little heavier for me personally. Took a few swings and really liked the turf interaction. No digging which is an issue for me, especially with the scoring clubs. Hit a bunch of shots with the 45* at a green and the shots had a nice dispersion about halfway up the hill. The forgiveness on these was very surprising to me in such a sleek looking iron. I was not hitting the ball well that night and I was missing all over the face but the shots kept going nicely with a nice high ball flight. Matt handed me the 60* wedge and told me to try a flop shot. He said it was the first wedge that he had been able to successfully hit a flopadopolous with. With no practice swing or anything I hit a perfect little high flopper.

Final thought is that these irons flat out perform. Look great. A lot of forgiveness. Nice high ball flight. Flop approved. Only thing I would change is to make the head heavier but I'm sure that is an easy fix. Great job SCOR!!

I had a chance to hit Matt's Scor's the other night at the range. What a great looking club. When I first picked it up I thought it was very light. He had the graphite shafts installed in them which I'm sure made them feel lighter. I think I would want them to be a little heavier for me personally. Took a few swings and really liked the turf interaction. No digging which is an issue for me, especially with the scoring clubs. Hit a bunch of shots with the 45* at a green and the shots had a nice dispersion about halfway up the hill. The forgiveness on these was very surprising to me in such a sleek looking iron. I was not hitting the ball well that night and I was missing all over the face but the shots kept going nicely with a nice high ball flight. Matt handed me the 60* wedge and told me to try a flop shot. He said it was the first wedge that he had been able to successfully hit a flopadopolous with. With no practice swing or anything I hit a perfect little high flopper.

Final thought is that these irons flat out perform. Look great. A lot of forgiveness. Nice high ball flight. Flop approved. Only thing I would change is to make the head heavier but I'm sure that is an easy fix. Great job SCOR!!

I wish I could not hit the ball as well as you weren't!

I have not reported in here much lately as wheels have come completely off my swing. It seems I cannot hit a single club in the bag well right now. I guess it's time to say damn the torpedoes, go to the range and do an in depth study of forgiveness.

Played a round yesterday. Here lately I have just been a very slow starter. 9 over on the front( first 7 holes)....holes 8-18 I was even...I had 5 pars, 3 birds, and 3 bogeys...for a decent 81. Sad thing is, I was striking the ball pretty well on the front but I had 19 putts. Thats horrible. The pin placements were BRUTAL. This is my 'home" course and I had never seen anything like this. There must have been a tournament. Anyway....to the SCORS.

Hole 1- 60 yards to the center of the green up hill. pin was in the very back...about a yard from the back fringe. so, I took my 41 and I just was trying to get the ball to the green and rool out. hole one is very steep and the green is a 3 putt nightmare. so, I wanted to be below the hole here. Well, I caught it clean and high on the face...ooops, FLYER! went over the green about 20 yards...haha. So, I took the 57* to recover. Remember, the pin is a yard on the darn green. so, I needed it to hit in the rough and advance. Well, sure enough I did it. The ball lipped and rolled for days. 2 putt bogey.

Hole 2- 135 out, pin is tucked front/right side of the green, about 2 yards on the green. I take my 45* and pure it. Nice HIGH ball flight I pushed it oh so slightly but since the pin was tucked right, I ended up on the rough, greenside and pin high. Why the hell was I going for the pin? I dont know, it was a big mistake on my part. took the 53* and put it to about 5 feet. Missed my putt...UGH

Hole 5- missed the green left from about 160. in the greenside bunker. Took my 53* and just made a nice easy swing. Came up short, I didnt swing through the ball. It was a bad swing with a decent result. 3 putted....DOUBLE!

Hole 6- Par 3 146 yards. took my 41* and hit it very good. I should have accounted for the wind in my face. Another dumb move on my part. Came up just short. Chipped on to about 8 feet and 3 putted for a double. At this point, I know I am not putting myself on the green in reg, but....I should at least be 2 putting.

Hole 7- Par 5-551- drive leaked on me a bit. Couldnt find the ball..dropped. hit a 3 wood. another leaker and finished in the way right rough with tree limbs over head and a tree to go over. This was going to take a magical 57* to get the perfect trajectory to split the difference. Sure enough, I hit it perfect. Hit the green but I still had about 15-20 feet left for a par. 2 putt....bogey

hole 8, this is where the game gets turned around. Short par 4. Took a smoothed driver to the right fwy about 50 out and a bunker to carry. Played a perfect 57 to about 6 feet. 2 putt. par. Which I was happy with, this green is not easy. The next one isnt either.

Hole 9. fwy with about 140 left. Hit my 41* choked down slightly as I wanted to finish below the hole. Anything above the hole and you are more than likely 3 putting. hit a great shot to about 8-10 feet below the hole. Par

Hole 10. here is a shot that really shined for me with the SCORs. fwy about 125 out to an uphill green. Pin was in the VERY back part of the green. Hit my 45* choked down and I hit it great. the guy I was playing with said, thats way long...but I deisagreed. I told him it stopped on a dime. sure as hell it did. We get up there and the ball had actually backed up about a foot. 1 putt...bird.

Hole 11- 105 left to the hole. Hit a 53* and for some reason I decided to take something off of it because the pin was in the very front of the green. I came up about 3 yards short of the green. I decided to drop another ball just for fun. Hit a full shot and landed just pin high. Oh well. I got up and down for a par.

Hole 12. par 3- 142 a little down hill. Took 41* and choked down. Pin was tucked far right and decided to just aim for the center of the green. Thats exactly where I hit it. 1 putt...bird

Hole 13. left rough with a tree above me. and a bunker to carry from 125 out. hmmm, thi swas a difficult shot for me. I really had no idea what to do, I had to keep it low but carry a bunker. I still to this day dont know how to play that shot...hahaha. Anyway, I took a 45* and just tried to knock it down. caught it perfect, hit a tree limb above me and landed in the middle of the fwy about 50 yards out. Hit the 57* and hit it great to about 5 feet. All I needed to do was one put for a par....but i missed it and made a bogey

hole 15- Par 5. hit drive....then laid up to about 60 yards. Played a good 57* to about 10 feet and made a par.

hole 16- short par 4. leaked my tee ball to the right into a marshy area. This isnt good, I am stubborn and decided to play the shot. I was 120 out...took my 45 and put a good/easy swing on it. Ball flight was awesome actually. I was surprised to see how easy that was. landed on the front of the green and spun back and off of it. Got a bogey

Hole 17. Par 5. but def reachable in 2. after my driver I was about 210 out and pushed my hybrid a bit right. had to go over a bunker and hit a great 57* to about 2 feet. Birdie

I am noticing that the SCORs come into play quite a bit in a round and they are performing very well for me. I feel as if the honeymoon phase is over and I still think these are some excellent clubs and would recommend them to anyone.

The guy I played with yesterday plays TM Burner irons. On a par 3 he hit a 9 iron and pulled it left. I handed him the SCOR 41 and said, just hit it. When he go tover the ball he said. No way, these arent going to be forgiving. I told him...yes they are, just hit the ball. Hit hit a great shot to about 10 feet. He looked at me and said....that felt GREAT! hahaha. he really could not believe the feel and forgiveness of such a sleek design.

Throughout the day I had him hit the SCORs in different situations. He is seriously contemplating getting some and has now seen how great choking down on a club can be.

Griff - the toughest SCORFIT for us is exactly what you play...40* 9 iron. The reason is we can only put four additional clubs in your bag and keep you under 14 total. Therefore, we are limited to 5* loft gaps. We'd certainly advocate 4* loft gaps if you had room for five clubs above the set matched 9 iron...or you didn't care about the 14 club rule. If you could take five clubs above your set matched 9-iron, we'd recommend the 44-48-52-56-60. This would give you 12-15 yard gaps instead of 15-18 you are seeing now with 5* loft increments.

To answer your question re: modifying the loft of SCOR4161...you are correct. If you strengthen the loft of an iron, you decrease the bounce. If you add loft, you are adding bounce. Our heads are soft 8620 carbon steel, so you can easily modify loft/lie 1-2 degrees either way. Less bounce on primary portion of sole of SCOR4161 really isn't an issue thanks to V-SOLE...you will always the aggressive bounce leading edge to keep the head from digging. In the case of the 45*, if you take to 44*...the 18/4 V-SOLE would slide to 17/3. You'd definitely want to have the work done by an experienced club builder you trust...main thing is to make sure the lie angle stays consistent when modifying loft. Important the sole of the golf club remains flush with turf at impact.

Back to the problem...I'm curious about the rest of your bag. Based on sig, you have driver, 5W, 4H, 6-9iron, 45, 50, 55, 60 + putter...for a total of 12 clubs? We could have easily put you into 44-48-52-56-60 if that is indeed true. My guess is that you are auditioning 3 woods and 5 hybrids though...I would think you have a big gap between the 6 iron and 4H. To preserve testing environment, I refrained from any dialogue with you guys until recently...so I had to make my best guess when we built off your SCORFIT results.

When purchasing from SCOR Golf, because we have every loft from 41 to 61 degrees, you can modify your set any way you'd like based on your own game, playing conditions and current set make-up. For instance, I'm not a lob wedge guy...the highest loft wedge I carry is 57*. Nothing against lob wedges, I've simply never stuck with one long enough to get any good with them...every time I try, I'll hit decent shots, but I find myself 20-25 feet short on a consistent basis. The SCOR4161 setup I've settled on for my game is 42-47-51-54-57. I changed from 43 to 42 even though my RAZR X-Forged 8 iron is 39*...the reason was I wanted a little more distance out of the first SCOR in my set. I don't mind the 5 degree gap or 15-16 yards between my 42-47 though...I'm fine hitting a 85-90% 42* or playing 47* back in my stance some to hit a low stinger that goes a little further if needed. I do like having three wedges though...I prefer my 51 degree gap wedge for full shots and a majority of the pitch and runs around the green. I prefer my 54 degree sand wedge for closer range finesse wedge shots and most longer bunker shots. The 57 degree is my go to utility wedge around the greens. Why not go to a 42-47-52-57 and put the 3 iron back in my bag? I sell wedges for a living, so that is obviously part of it...but honestly, I look at things very objectively. I don't need my 3 iron but once every few rounds...whereas I use every wedge in my bag 2-3 times per round. The other thing is the need for better distance control from short range vs. full range long shots. My expectations / needs from 210-230 yards...hit it straight...not so worried about exact distance. When I'm inside 150, I can usually get it on line, but I really want precision distance accuracy.

If you want to look at modifying your SCOR4161 setup, we'll figure something out.

Thanks for the post Shawn! As to the question of what's in my sig, I do carry 14 clubs. Since the testing of the SCORs began I have been figuring out what's best to carry so my bag is a little jumbled right now. The 12 in the sig are out there every round. The 2 open spots are there so I can take out different clubs to compare against the SCORs. Mainly the PW and GW of my Redline set. I know I could carry over 14 since none of my rounds have been official lately due to the testing. But, there's no point as all my golf has been committed to hitting the SCORs as much as possible. Gap between my 6I and 4H has been an issue that will be resolved when I decide to add the Redline 5I or drop my current 4H and add 2 hybrids.

As to bending these, I am wondering if the 1 to 1 rule applies. Since the first bounce is so steep and the second bounce more flat wouldn't a 1 degree change have a much greater effect on the first bounce? I am far from a club fitter, just trying to imagine the geometry in my head. Great, now I have a headache.

As to lob wedges, they are like the 3W of wedges to me. Situational and risky. I can hit the SCOR 60 just fine. No issues getting it in the air and it goes straight. Great with flops even if I rarely hit that shot on the course and out of the sand it's been reliable. Hitting it to an exact distance may be beyond my ability as I have to be smart with my practice time. The 60 has it's place for some folks and it is the easiest to hit 60 I have ever used.

I like your thoughts on the 42-47 range. The SCORs respond well when I alter my swing to control distance. Biggest challenge for me is nailing that transition between iron and SCOR. My 9I is tricky to control distance wise. It's really not built for versatility and when I try to back off I either hit it my regular distance or way short.

Thanks for your participation Shawn. I can honestly say that your presence here in no way alters my testing or my opinions on the SCORs.

Did some data gathering do help me figure out my 9I to 45 SCOR gap.

I use Adams Redline irons with a 40* 9I. Ball I used was Bridgestone B330 RX. No wind, temp in 70s, hit off an extremely low tee from the tee box into a FW to make sure lie played no role in this distance test. I use regular flex shafts in both the Redlines (stock steel) and SCORs (Genius 12 steel). I hit 8 balls each, Redlines got the yellow balls and the SCORs got the pink balls. Yes, pink, they rock. Also made sure I was not choking up or down on either club. Threw out the longest and the shortest from each group. My ball striking was pretty good yesterday so glad I did this test. I would estimate I had 2-4 yards of roll out for the 9I and 0-4 yards for the SCOR.

Average 9I - 134

Average SCOR 45 - 116

Difference - 18 yards

I'm not a robot but I would say this is a pretty good average, definitely within a couple yards of what I see in play, dropped decimals. Just FYI longest SCOR was 127 yards (caught one thin) and the longest 9I was 141.

Herein lies my only issue with SCOR: the SCORFIT system for 4 set clubs. Not all 8 and 9 irons are built the same. Some are made for control, some are made for maximum forgiveness, some are made for distance, etc. We've all hit irons that fly lower than others or carry farther than others. The SCORFIT system doesn't seem to make that distinction. It simply uses 5 degree lofts off the 8 or 9 iron and fills up from there. Could stop at 57 or 61. I would HIGHLY recommend using past experience to construct a 4 piece set and calling SCOR in person if you feel a 4 piece set is for you. I have observed this while redoing my SCORFIT. No matter what iron set I select the system spits out 5 degree gaps even if the OEM uses smaller gaps in their own club sets. Probably impossible to truly customize by simply interacting with the website. Like I said, the fix is to call SCOR for your order.

I'm sure most of you would hand select lofts. Since we were fit for these clubs based on SCORFIT I think it's appropriate to bring this up as it directly effects how these clubs help my scores and impacts the testing results. Performance is not at all in question here, pretty clear by now these have been proven to be exceptional short irons.

Really wanted to get a 1 month recap up, but I had to give this its own post before I move on to the next phase of testing.

Edit: As a work around my 42 Niblick may be able to fill that gap.

Griff - Have you done the same distance measurement with your Redline PW? I thought you mentioned that you were seeing a big gap between the 9I and PW there as well.

I agree with your comments though about hand selecting lofts versus strictly going with the system. While the 60 degree is the best lob wedge I've tried, I would probably opt to tighten up the lofts a bit and end with a 58 if I were selecting again (maybe 45-50-54-58 instead of 45-50-55-60). It's probably a mental issue with me and a 60, but it feels like too much loft to chip with, and I need to work with it more to trust that I won't blade full swings with it.

As to lob wedges, they are like the 3W of wedges to me. Situational and risky. I can hit the SCOR 60 just fine. No issues getting it in the air and it goes straight. Great with flops even if I rarely hit that shot on the course and out of the sand it's been reliable. Hitting it to an exact distance may be beyond my ability as I have to be smart with my practice time. The 60 has it's place for some folks and it is the easiest to hit 60 I have ever used.

Didn't read far enough before I responded...This is much better said, but the same sentiment I was going for above.

Ad I haven't done the exact test with my Redlines. Doing the same test with the Redline PW is a great idea. Still saying the Redline PW is pretty close to the SCOR 45, but pretty close may not be enough. Until I can get cold hard numbers I need to shut my mouth on this one as what "seems" to be equal distance may only be perception and not fact.

One T, nice round recap. Nice to get feedback from your buddy as well!

CL, aren't these great? The more time I spend with them the more I realize I just need to hit the ball and not worry about the lie. Sure I need to take the lie into account. After that I let the SCORs do their job and concentrate on making a good stroke.

Ad I haven't done the exact test with my Redlines. Doing the same test with the Redline PW is a great idea. Still saying the Redline PW is pretty close to the SCOR 45, but pretty close may not be enough. Until I can get cold hard numbers I need to shut my mouth on this one as what "seems" to be equal distance may only be perception and not fact.

One T, nice round recap. Nice to get feedback from your buddy as well!

CL, aren't these great? The more time I spend with them the more I realize I just need to hit the ball and not worry about the lie. Sure I need to take the lie into account. After that I let the SCORs do their job and concentrate on making a good stroke.

These are very nice Griff. What I really like is that you can pretty much take any iron set and make it into a Pro Combo set that I'm playing now. I can imagine having something like the G20's for supreme forgiveness from 4-8 and then having the rest of the irons SCOR's. I have to admit I never once took a lie into consideration. I just plopped the ball down and hit it and these performed very well. As I said I would like them heavier but that can easily be remedied

These are very nice Griff. What I really like is that you can pretty much take any iron set and make it into a Pro Combo set that I'm playing now. I can imagine having something like the G20's for supreme forgiveness from 4-8 and then having the rest of the irons SCOR's. I have to admit I never once took a lie into consideration. I just plopped the ball down and hit it and these performed very well. As I said I would like them heavier but that can easily be remedied

Haven't hit the graphites. The weight of the steel shafted SCORs feels just right to me and like you said steel could make the weight more to your liking. Awesome comparison to the Pro Combos.

Have I mentioned how forgiving these are?

Have I mentioned how forgiving these are?

You don't have to tell me! I was pin hunting all day yesterday with the 52 & 57 but was consistently about 20 feet long. Gotta get my distances dialed in. Getting the 61 this week will probably help with the shorter distances and it is due to be delivered tomorrow.

Man. Too much stuff I want to quote here, but I'd feel bad cluttering up this great thread. I'll just say again that the info in this thread is fantastic. Great job guys.

You don't have to tell me! I was pin hunting all day yesterday with the 52 & 57 but was consistently about 20 feet long. Gotta get my distances dialed in. Getting the 61 this week will probably help with the shorter distances and it is due to be delivered tomorrow.

you will get them down. I have started to get my distances figured out a bit better. You know...I should really use the bag tag

you will get them down. I have started to get my distances figured out a bit better. You know...I should really use the bag tag

I hear ya One T. I really need to focus on getting those distances recorded.

What I really like is that you can pretty much take any iron set and make it into a Pro Combo set that I'm playing now.

Bingo. I think this point might get lost in the shuffle but I'm a big fan of combo sets and if I had a CB set there's no way any of them would survive if they could be replaced.

On a side note has anyone ever tried blading shots on purpose and then controlling the distance? Maybe I'm just insane but I was trying that when I could on one of the shorter courses I played this weekend. The results were all over the place and I think the only reason is wasn't as bad was because the ground was wet which helped with the distance control.

I did come away with three interesting revelations for me though
A: When I take a full swing on the full grip, these are going a fair chunk farther then I expected. For instance I was elevated above the green about 5 yards, (so I doubled it for the expected distance gain), 110 yards out from the middle of the green and still cracked it over with the 59. When one wants to muscle these KBS shafts, they certainly respond. Going back to 3/4 shots sorted the distance out. It is interesting though knowing that I can step on one and they'll respond.

B: So far I'm very impressed with how they perform in wet conditions. It's been rather rainy this weekend and in fairly soggy conditions digging is mandatory on shots unless you thin it on purpose. It took me a few shots to pay attention and open the wedge off the aggressive leading edge and once I did results were much better. Turf was still coming up, but those first few shots I took were way up the face and carved a line into the ground that a plow weilding farmer in the 1600's would have been proud of. The Vsole keep things consistent and the grounds keepers happy. It was also an excuse to see how much I could open the face with on different lies and get away with it. The results lead to the crazy blading experiment but also a bit of a flopping test.

C: I've found that I've had to change my ball. I love the hit and stop but hate having the ball back up on me for any reason, if I wanted to hit it short I would have done that fishcake it, which is what the Penta has been doing to me lately. The X3, Hex Chrome and Iz have become the ball of choice instead since they bring the spin back a bit and let me roll the ball out when I want to.

Also I managed to hit the pin when shooting for an eagle twice this weekend. Once on purpose and the other was a neat accident (turned over to far and did a bit of a draw towards the pin instead of hitting in my target area).

More thoughts to come. My inner nerd took 7 pages of notes during my rounds this weekend for the short game alone...

Good stuff ST!

Five weeks in and I want to give a recap. Going to keep to keep it text based.

Appearance

Lots of pics of these throughout the thread. I really like the looks of the SCORs. The topline is thicker than what you may think. It's thinner than my Redline irons, thicker than a Mizuno MP T10 wedge. Almost right between the two. The two toned face frames the ball quite well. The heads seem small and sleek to my eye. There seems to be less hitting area on the SCOR compared to a MP T10. SCORs are very pleasing to my eye at address.

They are holding their good looks as well. The first bounce on mine are getting scratched up, second flatter bounces are staying fairly clean. Face wear is about what you would expect from this type of club. Can plainly see where I have been hitting the ball. For a forged club they are holding up quite well even after hundreds of balls.

Grips

Grips are holding up very well. They seem like new to me. They feel a little slimmer than New Decade Multi Compounds found on my irons. Also, the New Decades are quite a bit rougher toward the top. The SCOR grips fit nicely in my hand and I get a sense of control whereas the New Decades fill up my hand with little wiggle room. This is subjective as I haven't compared the specs of the 2 grips. Prefer these grips by a wide margin over what I have found on many OEM wedges.

V Sole

It works. I've found a new dimension to forgiveness with the SCORs. Face forgiveness is useless if you don't get to the ball. On hard lies, thick lies, sandy lies, wet lies, perfect lies, you name it the V Sole has been wonderful for my game. I've said this multiple times in the thread...I just don't worry about my lie any more. Once I set up for the shot, taking the lie into account, I just hit the ball and let the SCOR do it's job. With previous wedges I would always stress about getting tangled up in the rough or bouncing the club off the ground on a thin lie and hitting a screamer over the green. Sure I can still do all that, clubs won't cure a bad shot. But, the SCORs have covered up my fatter misses quite well and keep relatively square through the thick stuff.

Shaft - Genius 12 Steel Regular Flex

SCOR sets you up with the same flex found in your irons. It's a refreshing change for me. I feel the club head better through the back swing. Feeling a wedge load is pretty nifty too. I didn't realize what I was missing until the flexes in my irons and wedges matched. Wedges don't feel like I'm swinging a broom handle any more.

Trajectory that these give is nice for scoring. Overall the SCORs fly the ball lower than my irons and the various wedges I have used for comparison. Some of this can be attributed to the weighting of the heads I am sure. Not much else to say about the shafts. They seem to suit my game quite well.

Gapping

So far not ideal. The gap between my 9I and 45 SCOR is greater than I want, 18 yards. If am in the 120s I am in a bit of trouble. Can't really stand on the 45 SCOR, I can't anyway, and backing off/choking down on an iron like a Redline can create mixed results or no results. That is I wind up way short or hit the thing my regular distance. The gap bewteen my 55 and 60 is very unpredictable as well. This is completely on my inability to perform with a 60 degree wedge on full shots. Not a ding on the SCOR 60 at all, performs just as well as any of the other SCORs. In the right hands I bet it's deadly.

Gapping within the set of SCORs is pretty solid. I am able to alter distances quite well by choking down and/or altering my swing. It's very satisfying to see these clubs hit to reliable distances time after time. If the SCORs were to start at 43, maybe 44, and stop at 57, maybe 58, with 4 (with one 3) degree gaps the system would be performing much better for me. At some point I will have to make a tough decision on my current 45 50 55 60 setup. Love the performance so I may have to sacrifice something to make use of that performance.

Forgiveness

Just about the most forgiving wedge I have used. The sole has a lot to do with forgiveness with the SCORs. My 45 SCOR has face wear all over the place and I have yet to have a flat out horrific shot so long as I don't shank it. The one shot that you have to look out for is a very low strike. Those can take off on me and we all call it a "bladed" shot.

Performance
-Spin, shotmaking, accuracy, etc.

Spin on the SCORs is very nice. Last time out I backed up a flushed 45 off the front of the green. I could tell I came in steeper than normal and caught it perfectly. That shot was the exception to what I normally see. Most of my shots drop and either stay within a yard of the divot or roll forward a little. This is good for me as I don't generate a ton of spin with my stroke. Out of the bunker I am super pleased with the spin I get. Balls skid a little and settle down right away.

Shotmaking is pretty much skill based IMO. The SCORs don't interfere with my attempts to hit a variety of specialty shots. I'm not a trick shooter so I'm not entirely sure what to look for when I take a specialty shot. All I can say is the club does what I tell it to do if I am trying something like a flop or knockdown. I don't always tell it to do the right thing, but that's another story.

Accuracy is quite good. Again I feel the sole does a remarkable job getting me to the ball with a square face. My typical miss is a couple yards left. Haven't hit a hook or slice with the SCORs. Once the ball is in the air it holds its line.

Overall the SCORs are helping me perform better shots. These really are among the best performing wedges I have used.

Verdict 5 Weeks In

The fitting process is a bit of a let down. These were fit for me using the SCORFIT system. Can read my thoughts on it a page or 2 back in the thread. If these gapped better with my irons and I had the option to not run all the way to 60 these would be much more usable for me.

Performance with the SCORs is everything I could ask for and more. These are truly unique clubs that have really elevated the performance of my short game shots. The V Sole seems like cheating sometimes.

Blah blah blah, are they in the bag? So far yes with an unfortunate ding on lofts that don't suit my game and iron setup.

Last edited:
That was an excellent and fair assessment, griff. It sounds like those folks playing a stronger lofted set may want to look at their bag set up a bit when making the switch to SCOR. I like the idea of the 4° gaps to match your irons better, but Shawn did bring up some points that people will have to think about in doing so.

At the same time, it sounds like these wedges perform beautifully.

griff, like Hawk said, I think that is a very well done and fair assessment of the SCOR system. Sounds like they are solid performers and since they are still being gamed by yourself, that is telling. Thanks for the info.

great recap Griff. these seem like some great wedges and im loving the thoughts on the V sole technology! really want to get my hands on these and try them out.

I think that's a very fair writeup Griff, very nice.

I'm with you on the v-sole, the lie doesn't even cross my mind anymore. I've yet to get my 45* out yet, rain and all the clubs around here playing their championships after work, been no time.

Very nice write-up Griff...I think I'll do something similar next week as I have 54 holes to play this weekend.

When I've hit the R11 PW and SCOR 45 side by side, I've seen almost identical distance out of the two (about 110 yards) and the R11 9i goes about 120-125. Maybe the 5 degrees is too much, but that is not specifically a fault of the SCOR system as TaylorMade and others are employing the same gapping. Even though the website fit us into those specs as a "system", it is nice for the consumer to know that every degree of loft is available to build to their own preference.

Thanks guys. Testing is not done by a long shot. I wouldn't have brought up gapping if this wasn't a test of the system as well as the clubs themselves. Eager to get out there with the laser and confirm the distances I am getting with the 50 55 and 60. Pretty sure I am done scoring rounds this year so I can focus on the SCORs even more now. My son is getting his first lesson tomorrow morning so I will probably hit some range balls during his time with the coach.

I look forward to checking these wedges out this weekend as one-T will be in Georgia.

I look forward to checking these wedges out this weekend as one-T will be pummeling me with them in Georgia.

FIFY there mate.

Given OneT's reviews and TC's comments I expect OneT is going to be lights out in the short game.

Griff: I'd say that's a very fair write up. I think that with the distance the Redlines pull you're spot on about needing to adjust your wedge lofts to compensate which would also help out with the disagreement you and the 60 have (since you wouldn't reach that high in loft with gapping if you start blending lower).

FIFY there mate.

Given OneT's reviews and TC's comments I expect OneT is going to be lights out in the short game.

Griff: I'd say that's a very fair write up. I think that with the distance the Redlines pull you're spot on about needing to adjust your wedge lofts to compensate which would also help out with the disagreement you and the 60 have (since you wouldn't reach that high in loft with gapping if you start blending lower).

I guess Sunday will be proof in the pudding as I have a best ball match against him :thumb:

Back