Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hardcore pondering wedges. I'm in serious research mode.

Pfftt research is for people like bama. You know what you want, mmmmmmizuno.

--
tapatalk

Me too -- seriously waiting to get my hands on the 588s to test drive. I'm thinking a 48/52/56. BTW, how do you like the Razr X Hybrid? I'm looking to go to a single 3H after my 4W and I was wondering about how the Razr X play from light rough.

Looking at upgrading my 3-wood. I've only been playing for about 2 years so I haven't quite grasped hitting the driver yet so I tee off with a Taylormade 580 3-wood. I just got the TM superfast 2.0 3 hybrid which has been absolutely rock solid so I'm thinking about checking out the TM superfast 2.0 3-wood.

Also, I should probably consider investing in a quality wedge set. I currently just have the pitching wedge that's with my irons (Ping G5) and a cheap 54* sand wedge that I picked up for $20 when I first bought clubs. Any advice on wedges for a beginner?

Looking at upgrading my 3-wood. I've only been playing for about 2 years so I haven't quite grasped hitting the driver yet so I tee off with a Taylormade 580 3-wood. I just got the TM superfast 2.0 3 hybrid which has been absolutely rock solid so I'm thinking about checking out the TM superfast 2.0 3-wood.

Also, I should probably consider investing in a quality wedge set. I currently just have the pitching wedge that's with my irons (Ping G5) and a cheap 54* sand wedge that I picked up for $20 when I first bought clubs. Any advice on wedges for a beginner?

I've heard good things about the 2.0 woods. I do believe there is a review thread on them somewhere if you search.

As for wedges, there are a lot of good ones coming out soon (588, new Vokeys, Trusty Rusty, the Mizuno one which I believe is MP12 or something along those lines), so I would wait and try some of those out if possible.

Miss K doesn't like to be pushed. Over swinging it means the tip doesn't perform properly as the mid section, which is fairly soft, doesn't let the tip arrive like it wants. If you moved to the 70, the mid section would be a little stiffer and could handle being pushed a bit more but in general the Kai'li isn't a shaft to go after it with. If you really want to do that a DI could be a better bet since the profile is like the Kai'li (stiff butt and tip, weaker mid) but the mid section is stronger. If you can stand to go up in LA, the Miya Blue can stand to being pushed a bit better.

Thanks for the information! I'm definitely still pondering the Miyazaki Blue because my attack angle into the ball with the driver isn't very positive at all, it's usually in the 0 to -1 range, so higher launch for me isn't the worst thing in the world. I played earlier today and had some great success when I told myself to swing at 80% with the driver, the problem is that I just can't do that every time.

I'm also in wedge pondering mode, mainly because a rock put a dent in the bottom of my XFT 58 degree wedge earlier today. :banghead: May try to hold out on wedges until Demo Day 2012 arrives because that will still be early in the golf season for me next year.

Know it won't happen but wait for those lefty SCOR's. Money!

I'm leaning that way to be honest.

Same TC! I went and hit the Mizuno MP-T11s with the spinners the other day.. They have me thinking big time

Played those all of last year. Great wedges, but I'm ready for something else. I like to spend about a year or so with wedges then move on.

Pfftt research is for people like bama. You know what you want, mmmmmmizuno.

--
tapatalk

I won't lie, they're high on the list.

Me too -- seriously waiting to get my hands on the 588s to test drive. I'm thinking a 48/52/56. BTW, how do you like the Razr X Hybrid? I'm looking to go to a single 3H after my 4W and I was wondering about how the Razr X play from light rough.

I really like that hybrid. I find it to be great from light rough, heavy rough, the fairway, or off the tee. I don't have any experience with the stock shaft though. I don't know how much of a difference that makes or not.

Make sure you try out the Diablo Octane FW and the Cleveland Launcher FL FW before buying!

Love it when you go into research mode, man. Usually means good things for you

With the hybrid search over, I am now it serious wedge ponder mode but I'm going to be waiting for a while. I want to hit them all this time, 588's are number 1 on my list tied with the possibility of lefty scor's. After that its a long drop to the 3rd choice which would be MP-R's

So still on my driver search... i was able to hit the Cleveland TL310 and the XL 270 and was really impressed by the 310. The 270 just seemed a little to long for me and i had trouble i think with the light shaft, But the 310 felt sold every time i hit it. Anyone else have thoughts of the 310 vs the 270? Also not sure if i should just hold out since winter is coming soon to the northeast and wait for the new goodies that should be released soon....

So still on my driver search... i was able to hit the Cleveland TL310 and the XL 270 and was really impressed by the 310. The 270 just seemed a little to long for me and i had trouble i think with the light shaft, But the 310 felt sold every time i hit it. Anyone else have thoughts of the 310 vs the 270? Also not sure if i should just hold out since winter is coming soon to the northeast and wait for the new goodies that should be released soon....

I actually preferred the 290, but much of that has to do with the flex profile of the shaft working well for my swing.

I actually preferred the 290, but much of that has to do with the flex profile of the shaft working well for my swing.

I want to oem the 290 so bad right now. That and the fl 3w

THANKS for the reply Hawk. I was not able to try the 290 someone was demoing that one, but i am going to put it on my list for the next time i hit the range. I like the sound when you made good contact not as loud as some of the drivers out there.

THANKS for the reply Hawk. I was not able to try the 290 someone was demoing that one, but i am going to put it on my list for the next time i hit the range. I like the sound when you made good contact not as loud as some of the drivers out there.

It is a nice sounding driver. The nice thing about this line is not only does it have different weights, but also that each one has a shaft that is designed for different swings. There is some good information about all three C Kua's at http://www.miyazakigolfshafts.com/ if you want to do a little reading.

I'm pondering a good deal on a Nike VR 3 hybrid. Anyone hit this? How is the shaft (Aldila Voodoo)?

I'm pondering a good deal on a Nike VR 3 hybrid. Anyone hit this? How is the shaft (Aldila Voodoo)?
You didn't catch the deal...couple days ago @ divot.com? Nike VR 3 Hybrid : New|Nike Aldila Voodoo shaft $49.99/$5.99 shipping? Haven't hit the Voodoo, I have a PX 6.0 (and love it) in my Hybrid 3...picked up the 2H.

Edit: My bad, looked over on the Deal of the Day thread and saw you were a lefty...I think they only offered rights.

It is a nice sounding driver. The nice thing about this line is not only does it have different weights, but also that each one has a shaft that is designed for different swings. There is some good information about all three C Kua's at http://www.miyazakigolfshafts.com/ if you want to do a little reading.

Hey Hawk thanks for the information again i took a quick look now but going to take a more detailed look later. I currently have an Aerotech SteelFiber ss75 stiff shaft in my driver, http://aerotechgolfshafts.com/steelfiber_spec.php, which i like but when looking at the shafts from miyazaki golf or any other company can you do a straight spec to spec comparison or is the only true way to compare them is to hit them against each other?

Hey Hawk thanks for the information again i took a quick look now but going to take a more detailed look later. I currently have an Aerotech SteelFiber ss75 stiff shaft in my driver, http://aerotechgolfshafts.com/steelfiber_spec.php, which i like but when looking at the shafts from miyazaki golf or any other company can you do a straight spec to spec comparison or is the only true way to compare them is to hit them against each other?

That's sort of a timely question since arydolphin just posted a link to a document assigning an INTL Flex code (Miyazaki's method of flex measurement) to a variety of shafts. http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/Cleveland_Golf_Srixon_Custom_Catalog_Spring_2011.pdf

I don't know that it's going to help with your compisons to your particular shaft, but it's interesting to read. It probably is best to get out and hit them all.

Here's a couple radio shows THP did with Miyazaki that have a ton of great information as well.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=9834
http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=8731

Love it and pretty good actually. I seem to be one of the few that really like that club though, it seems to get a lot of meh comments.

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys.

You can get some good deals on the vr pro. I got mine new for $70 shipped. Great reviews and is suppose to be a lot better then last years vr hybrid

tapatalk addict....

You can get some good deals on the vr pro. I got mine new for $70 shipped. Great reviews and is suppose to be a lot better then last years vr hybrid

tapatalk addict....

Where from?

tapatalk addict....

Yeah, where? I love that hybrid and PX shaft even if it isn't the real deal PX.

pondering a new stand bag...the cheap one I bought at the beginning of the year is falling apart already...shocker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back