To Good To Pass Up!

CS

Major Hacker
Reaction score
Handicap
So I was on my way home tonight and a freind calls and asked if I wanted to meet him at Dick's to look at some golf gear, I'm not one to miss an opprotunity to look at and try out new clubs. when we got there I asked the salesman what irons they have in lefty hoping he would say they have R11's because I havent had enough time with them to get a good feel for them and wanted more time taking hacks to get a good idea of what they are about. He tell's me the only lefty's we have are these Diablo Edge irons that were accidentaly sent to the store and that if I wanted them he could give me a good deal. The price tag said 599.99 he told me he could take around 100 off, I thought that was a decent deal and told him I had more interest in the R11's but with that said I would give the callaways a try. The set has 3 and 4 hybrid 5-pw with graphite stiff shafts... immediately I was turned off by the graphite shafts I have a hard swing (driver ss 108-112) and was worried the shafts wouldnt work for me for that reason and the weight, these shafts are 75 grams my shafts are 125 grams. I step into the simulator with the 5 iron and take an average swing and hit out near the toe push the shot about 20 yards left of center and 184 yards out. I thought that shot wasnt bad for a miss hit the next 10 shots got better and better until I was belting them straight down the center average distance 200 yards with the longest being 209. the rest of the clubs in the set had similar results with accuracy needless to say I was impressed! but still wasn't sold on the Diablo Edge with graphite shaft's so I tell the salesmen I need to hit the R11's again before I could make a definitive decision his response was what price would you pay to take them home tonight my response I'd buy them right now for 200:sarcastic: he says he doesn't think they can go that low and he would check with the manager, the manager comes over and says the lowest they can go is 299.99 I say ok and ask if I can use a $50 coupon hey said yes no problem. So I am now the proud owner of these irons for a grand total with tax 264.98:joy: I'm a very happy man right now cant wait to get out there this weekend and break in my new clubs!

Wow that's an awesome deal. You really got a steal there!

Great deal. Enjoy the new sticks!

TapAhoy!

Yowza! That is theft! Great job, dude!

Id turn around and sell them online, make a ton of coin.

That isn't a bad idea. Then you could pursue those R11's you want.

Great Deal! Congrats!

Dude, you stole those...nice find and good luck with them.

I'm totally pumped about the steal I just got and now you guy's have got me thinking I should sell them and put the money towards the R11's lol :banghead:

I guess I cant sell them here now everyone knows how much I paid for them....lol

I guess I cant sell them here now everyone knows how much I paid for them....lol
Who cares? Charge what their worth, subtract 50$ for THPers, and bingo. Someone else is still getting a great deal on irons and youre making money. If they get mad then its their problem lol.

LOL, nice work!

Who cares? Charge what their worth, subtract 50$ for THPers, and bingo. Someone else is still getting a great deal on irons and youre making money. If they get mad then its their problem lol.

I will definitely be giving it some thought! I would knock 60 off for any THPer that wants them.

nice score! makes me wonder how much the shop paid for the clubs....can there really be that much margin in clubs?

Thats def a good deal there! Enjoy

Great deal man.

I guess being a lefty golfer isn't all that bad after all.

Luck favors the prepared man ... and apparently the lefty golfer!

nice score! makes me wonder how much the shop paid for the clubs....can there really be that much margin in clubs?

The manager told me they couldn't sell them for less then 299 because that is very close to what they paid for them. My guess is they paid somewhere around 260-275... And the regular price is 699.99 that's a huge markup!

I can't believe I forgot to tell the second best part of this story.... The salesman said my friend and I looked familiar and asked where we golf the first place we both said was 5 ponds and the guy said oh yeah I knew I've seen you guys before, I work there on the weekends... and when he said that both of us recognized him he's the starter at the course so I asked if he could get us a free round he gave me his card and said call when we were ready and he would get us on for free. Normal price there is $65 with that as part of the deal the new sticks only cost 200. :banana:

wow thats an awesome deal...congrats!

I can't believe I forgot to tell the second best part of this story.... The salesman said my friend and I looked familiar and asked where we golf the first place we both said was 5 ponds and the guy said oh yeah I knew I've seen you guys before, I work there on the weekends... and when he said that both of us recognized him he's the starter at the course so I asked if he could get us a free round he gave me his card and said call when we were ready and he would get us on for free. Normal price there is $65 with that as part of the deal the new sticks only cost 200. :banana:

5 ponds is a nice track. And good deal on the new sticks

tapatalk addict....

So I was on my way home tonight and a freind calls and asked if I wanted to meet him at Dick's to look at some golf gear, I'm not one to miss an opprotunity to look at and try out new clubs. when we got there I asked the salesman what irons they have in lefty hoping he would say they have R11's because I havent had enough time with them to get a good feel for them and wanted more time taking hacks to get a good idea of what they are about. He tell's me the only lefty's we have are these Diablo Edge irons that were accidentaly sent to the store and that if I wanted them he could give me a good deal. The price tag said 599.99 he told me he could take around 100 off, I thought that was a decent deal and told him I had more interest in the R11's but with that said I would give the callaways a try. The set has 3 and 4 hybrid 5-pw with graphite stiff shafts... immediately I was turned off by the graphite shafts I have a hard swing (driver ss 108-112) and was worried the shafts wouldnt work for me for that reason and the weight, these shafts are 75 grams my shafts are 125 grams. I step into the simulator with the 5 iron and take an average swing and hit out near the toe push the shot about 20 yards left of center and 184 yards out. I thought that shot wasnt bad for a miss hit the next 10 shots got better and better until I was belting them straight down the center average distance 200 yards with the longest being 209. the rest of the clubs in the set had similar results with accuracy needless to say I was impressed! but still wasn't sold on the Diablo Edge with graphite shaft's so I tell the salesmen I need to hit the R11's again before I could make a definitive decision his response was what price would you pay to take them home tonight my response I'd buy them right now for 200:sarcastic: he says he doesn't think they can go that low and he would check with the manager, the manager comes over and says the lowest they can go is 299.99 I say ok and ask if I can use a $50 coupon hey said yes no problem. So I am now the proud owner of these irons for a grand total with tax 264.98:joy: I'm a very happy man right now cant wait to get out there this weekend and break in my new clubs!

Looks and sounds good and I hope they work out, but I don't think I would ever buy a set of irons based solely on an indoor simulator at a box store. JMO of course.

Back