Smallville's swing videos

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
After going through OEM Kevin's swing thread and seeing the tips Tadashi gave him, I took them to the course last Monday. I had Jacqui take video on the back nine after using the front nine to try it out. Hole 10 was the last time I double pumped the downswing. After that, I just set the club at 90* and swung. I have 13 videos, but I'm only going to post a few! I talked to Tadashi first and he took a look and gave me a few tips on video, which I added at the end of this post.

Feel free to post your own thoughts.

I posted 5, but the total time is only about 2 minutes.

[video=youtube;P-RVGGmJoi4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-RVGGmJoi4[/video]

After watching these, Tadashi went to the range and made a video of things for me to work on. Thanks a lot Freddie, this makes so much sense!

No worries at all, it was fun to do.

Freddie is that the Faldo drill?

Nice vids Smalls. Swing looks good dude

Good stuff smalls and freddie.

I gotta ask though, whats the deal with the hitch?

Good stuff guys. Freddie, awesome job on that video, enjoyed watching it.

For a second I thought it was a practice swing. Maybe he normally gets the club too shut if he doesn't do that? Defiantly unique that would really hurt my tempo if it was me but whatever floats your boat.

and ya listen to him about not letting your hands get outside that much. That pretty much gives you and auto slice.(unless you can re-route the club like a Jim Furyk )

He was trying to set his angle at the bottom of his swing. He is working on more wrist flex through out his swing based on the vids I did for OEM

Chuck I have never watched a faldo video. But I do love his action, A LOT!

You talking about setting the club at address? Or something else?

You take the club half way back, and stop, wait, then continue. Why?
It was what Tadashi was telling OEM Kevin in his thread. It probably should be done at the range, but I took it straight from watching his video to the course.

I've seen a few people doing that over the years, and actually tried that once in a while but never stuck with it.

Ohhhhhh gotcha. I thought the Tadashi video was an after video. I thought those were your real swings. Interesting. Good job man.

It was what Tadashi was telling OEM Kevin in his thread. It probably should be done at the range, but I took it straight from watching his video to the course.

I've seen a few people doing that over the years, and actually tried that once in a while but never stuck with it.

Tad that was a great video that I can apply to my swing as well. Great stuff man, I love seeing THP'ers help each other out. Keep working hard on that game Smallie!

Great job Tadashi once again. Your swing is seamless, I love the flow. Go get 'em Smally!

Nice vids Smallie, you have a great one in Tadashi giving you personal tips, it is easy to see that he knows his stuff. You will be bombing them at the outing for sure.

Tadashi showed it pretty well in his video, but here is the "Faldo Drill" from the man himself!

[video=youtube;_hXYA-SJyPs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hXYA-SJyPs&feature=related[/video]

It's a great drill that was introduced to me by my coach at our last lesson. During that lesson, I was actually hitting the ball better while doing the drill as compared to my regular swing! I have a problem of having the right elbow "fly" on the backswing and then the club gets stuck behind me on the downswing, this drill allows me to stay more connected on the backswing, and I'm more on plane on the downswing as well. For those that have trouble with lag in their swings, it's also a great drill because you set the wrists at the start, then you just swing your arms and shoulders and keep your wrists in the same position, so you don't have to think about "holding the lag", the club will automatically release at the bottom of the downswing.

Tadashi you are doing great work man! Smalls swing is looking good! We need to play before it gets too cold

Nice work Smallie and Tadashi! Thanks for posting that, I think you and I have some of the same issues with the right shoulder being to far forward causing the over the top motion, so this can help me out too!

Tadashi in one of your videos on youtube you tell him to release the club with his right forearm. But doesn't this happen automatically if you have a good left hand grip?

I like your swing BTW how far are you hitting that 3i in your 3i video?

That Faldo drill is great, I do something like that move as part of my pre-shot routine, not quite the same move exactly, it is more like what Mike Weir does. It reminds me to take the club back on the target line and also helps me to be sure I am aligned correctly.

Tadashi in one of your videos on youtube you tell him to release the club with his right forearm. But doesn't this happen automatically if you have a good left hand grip?

I like your swing BTW how far are you hitting that 3i in your 3i video?

In theory if you have a solid grip, stance and posture, yes it should be natural. But the body is not designed to do that. And a lot of folks think you should turn the hands over to get the club to turn over. So I just put that reminder of the forearms into the video. Just trying to avoid the dreaded flip.

I was hitting it over the 225 flag the other day. Thanks

First of all I love your teaching Tadashi70! Second of all Smalls are you sure you are not Bama? :D Another tall dude on THP!
Keep working hard Smalls and you might get a chance at ole gray in May :deadhorse:.. You are going to be good dude!

First of all I love your teaching Tadashi70! Second of all Smalls are you sure you are not Bama? :D Another tall dude on THP!
Keep working hard Smalls and you might get a chance at ole gray in May :deadhorse:.. You are going to be good dude!
I'm 5' 7". Not sure how tall or short Bama is! And I won't be down for the Outing, sorry.

Played today and had some good drives but mostly were bleh. A driving range session or two or three would be beneficial. Right now my rounds are basically practice.

That was awesome Freddie. Good on ya for helping out a fellow THP'er.

Making the vids was fun. It took me back to my 10 hours days on the range in Miami. Plus Smalls swing is a good swing. He does a lot right!

Thanks, Tad. It's going to take a little time but I am sticking with it.

Back