Benefits of a Belly Putter by SPi Instructor John Higgins

Cheating! lol thats a great point I bet this would help a ton of players that are looking to switch.

Pretty cool of John to share his thoughts. I was a bit distracted by that rack full of Seemore headcovers in the background though. Cool video! Thanks for sharing.

Very good video, thanks for sharing.

Awesome and I could see myself with a SeeMore Belly putter one day!

great video, thanks for sharing!

I didnt realize your supposed to keep the red dot hidden throughout the entire stroke.

Videos like this are breaking my will. I am closer than ever to going to a belly putter. Great video.

I had a belly putter a few years back and loved it. Maybe it is time to go back?

Very informative video! No brainer for me at this point. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

Ideally you would like to keep the red dot hidden throughout the stroke. There are some guys out on Tour that see a spec of the red. But they see the same spec of the red every single time. Ensuring that they have the small ball position and making the same stroke with the same posture. The red spec is their trigger point.

If we were teaching someone from Mars and they have never heard of the game of golf or putting - it is very easy for us to say "Hide the Red Dot". It makes the putting instruction go smoother because they are doing the same repeatable stroke. Once they get the hang of the same stroke then we would tell them not concentrate as much on the red during their stroke and just start to feel the same putting stroke. By "Hiding the Red Dot" you will begin to make a good stroke every single time. Hope this helps.

Ideally you would like to keep the red dot hidden throughout the stroke. There are some guys out on Tour that see a spec of the red. But they see the same spec of the red every single time. Ensuring that they have the small ball position and making the same stroke with the same posture. The red spec is their trigger point.

If we were teaching someone from Mars and they have never heard of the game of golf or putting - it is very easy for us to say "Hide the Red Dot". It makes the putting instruction go smoother because they are doing the same repeatable stroke. Once they get the hang of the same stroke then we would tell them not concentrate as much on the red during their stroke and just start to feel the same putting stroke. By "Hiding the Red Dot" you will begin to make a good stroke every single time. Hope this helps.

definately helps!! Thank You!!

How do you properly measure for a belly putt? Will I have to trim it down over time as I drink more beer? lol.

I have been VERY against the idea of a belly putter on the surface, but seeing this and thinking about the combinations of things with the RST just makes a lot of sense.

How do you properly measure for a belly putt? Will I have to trim it down over time as I drink more beer? lol.

I have been VERY against the idea of a belly putter on the surface, but seeing this and thinking about the combinations of things with the RST just makes a lot of sense.

haha naw you just push it into your gut a little further and it works fine. Well unless you got muscles underneath the pooch which should keep it consistent :D.. That is a funny question Duey however I am sure SeeMore will tell you they can refit ya... I love my current Belly putter however I do love the SeeMore putters and would not mind trying their model.

haha naw you just push it into your gut a little further and it works fine. Well unless you got muscles underneath the pooch which should keep it consistent :D.. That is a funny question Duey however I am sure SeeMore will tell you they can refit ya... I love my current Belly putter however I do love the SeeMore putters and would not mind trying their model.

I'm sure thinking about it for spring, but putting has been one of the few bright spots in my game this year.

great video, thanks for sharing!

I didnt realize your supposed to keep the red dot hidden throughout the entire stroke.

Weird because I was told to not worry about keeping the red dot hidden

Edit: Already answered by the quick Seemore!

JB do you have a belly putter at THP HQ?

JB do you have a belly putter at THP HQ?

He had the Cleveland Almost Belly there not too long ago. Knowing JB, there has to be another belly putter there.

Thanks for the video. I've subscribed to your YouTube channel!

Thanks - let us know how we can better serve you all on Youtube. Want to hear the feedback and try to make it happen!! Have a good Friday!

Just watched this now- great tips! I just got my Si3 belly putter and I'm still going through and adjustment period.

Back