Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second half starts and the Gorilla defense forces a 3 and out. PSU driving, 1st and goal at the 7.

Got the word that Washburn (the team that whipped Pitt last week) lost their second conference game earlier. Pitt State wins the COnference out right with a win.

And Pitt State puts it in for a 36-22 lead.

MSSU drives all the way downfield at will but Pitt State intercepts in the end zone and returns it to the 30. 3:42 left in the 3rd quarter.

Fourth quarter starts. PSU ball on the MSSU 25.
And Brown scores his 4th TD of the game. 44-22 now.

Looks like MSSU has resigned themselves to this one being out of hand. A lackluster 3 and out with another partially blocked punt.

Go get 'em PSU

13 yard pass to John Brown for his 5th TD of the game. 51-22 Pitt State, 8:35 left.

TCU is making this a big game....not liking this at all..

Yea Boise St's defense isn't looking too good. Hopefully they can pull off the W, I'd like to see them go undefeated this season.

TCU has really exposed our safeties and corners. I thought we were better at pass defense but clearly our run defense is much better.
Trust me your not the only one who would love to see undefeated.

MSSU scores late to make the final 51-28.

Pitt State wins the MIAA Conference and makes the playoffs.

MSSU scores late to make the final 51-28.

Pitt State wins the MIAA Conference and makes the playoffs.
Congrats to you and your Gorillas!

Congrats to you and your Gorillas!
They've had a good season so far, first Conference title since 2004 and they've missed the playoffs the loast couple of seasons.

Nice to see the Gorillas get a bounceback win and a big one at that. I hope the playoffs go well!

Congrats Smalls, we are in control of our game 38-7 in the 4th. 13:13 and we have the ball.

Poor Auburn...now you are going to see what you really got in your head coach

Poor Auburn...now you are going to see what you really got in your head coach
Hmmm...a SEC and National Championship last year?

We lost 31 players from last years teams, and Chizik has had back to back top 10 recruiting classes. This is a very, very young team.

Most people said we wouldnt get to 6 wins this year, we have done much better than expected with what we have on the field this year.

We lost 31 players from last years teams, and Chizik has had back to back top 10 recruiting classes. This is a very, very young team.

I still dont think he is a good coach lol. I just hope he doesnt screw you guys over. Its not hard to recruit a top 10 class in the SEC especially after winning but he won because of cam not his coaching.

I have got to agree with you w.e, he has done really well. He is bringing in great recruits and Auburn will be fine with Chizik IMO.

Just my opinion but it was cams team last year not the head coaches(forget his name right now)

I still dont think he is a good coach lol. I just hope he doesnt screw you guys over. Its not hard to recruit a top 10 class in the SEC especially after winning but he won because of cam not his coaching.
We had a Top 10 recruiting class the year before winning it all. And Coach Chizik has done a decent job this year considering what we lost from last years team. Personally, I dont think there is any one player bigger than a teams Coach, including Cam Newton. The coaching job that Chizik did last year amid all the controversy and media crap was hands down one of the best that I have ever seen. Having had the opportunity to work with Gene Chizik during my time in Auburn (while he was D Coordinator), I am proud to have him as our Head Coach, as he is a great guy and does things the right way.

Just my opinion but it was cams team last year not the head coaches(forget his name right now)

Yep, just like Tebow was UF for a few years, but the coach still has to get the rest of the players there, GC has been recruiting really good classes at AU as w.e mentioned a top 10 classes, and has another good one lined up this year. He has surrounded himself with good assistant coaches.

....Boise....

Flat out false. He outcoached quite a few and getting his players ready week after week to perform in the hardest conference in college football says all it needs to. And its very hard to recruit a top 10 class in the SEC, that just makes no sense. If it wasnt hard, the SEC teams would be 1-10 in recruiting every year.

Boise needs some magic to happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back