Emirates Australian Open [Spoilers]

nice wee finish for tiger,a final round of 67(-5) to finish -11 and in 3rd place.john senden finishes @ -12 with a rnd of 72 and greg chalmers takes the win with a final rnd of 69(-3) to finish @ -13.

greg chalmers -13
john senden -12
tiger woods -11
jason day -9
geoff ogilvy -9
nich o'hearn -9
adam scott -9
nich watney -9

others
bubba watson -6
fred couples -5
kelly kraft(am) -3
dustin johnson +1
greg norman +5

I thought Tiger looked good again in the 4th round. Promising signs. See if he can carry it through to the Presidents Cup.

I thought Tiger looked good again in the 4th round. Promising signs. See if he can carry it through to the Presidents Cup.

As long as someone else is driving the ball he will be golden.

LOL, thats very true, but I thought he did look a lot better than any time we have seen him in the last two years. He didn't seem to be dipping his head near as much, and his short game appeared to finally be coming around.

Congrats to Eldrick on the incredible win. Oh wait.

Seriously though he did look much better than in the recent past. I was surprised he did so well here.

So Tiger plays well on a short course where he can miss left, he still didn't win and imo kind of choked this one away, yet now we're excited? Paleeeese!

So Tiger plays well on a short course where he can miss left, he still didn't win and imo kind of choked this one away, yet now we're excited? Paleeeese!

That's kind of harsh. Dude, the dude almost beat two dudes named Chalmers and Senden. Those dudes can play. Dude.

Kevin

TWs bad round used to be a 72 or at worst a 73 and he was still in touch. Now he has a bad round and is way out of position. I think he looked good but for some reason his misses are now off the planet. Don't know if this is a product of Foley but that is a terrible way to play at his level.
I won't be excited til he strings together a few wins and learns that feeling.....again.

He should be good in an alternate shot format, except on the holes when he has to tee off

It's humorous Tiger fans are so excited about his play, but then find it necessary to hope a hardworking journeyman like Chalmers, who has earned the win with solid play, to choke or pull a "Tin Cup" so Tiger can back into a win.

Kevin

is that not what fans do?hope their man pulls it out the top drawer and get the win and for the other "guy" to drop off and not make it over the line?am i missing something here?

Congrats to Chalmers for a solid win.

I'd say it was a successful week for TW (not by his standards, of course). Solo 3rd in a strong field is certainly a step in the right direction after the 30th at the weak-fielded Frys. That has to boost his confidence going into next week. Can't say the same for DJ or David Toms, though. US may struggle in this President's Cup.

is that not what fans do?hope their man pulls it out the top drawer and get the win and for the other "guy" to drop off and not make it over the line?am i missing something here?

I guess. It's funny to me that Tiger had choked away his chances on Saturday, then again on a couple holes Sunday. But if Chalmers would have made a couple mistakes, Tiger fans would have jumping up and down saying Tiger's back, and the reason Chalmers choked was because of the incredible pressure brought to bear by Tiger.

But Tiger played better in general. Maybe he'll actually win another tournament.

Kevin

TWs bad round used to be a 72 or at worst a 73 and he was still in touch. Now he has a bad round and is way out of position. I think he looked good but for some reason his misses are now off the planet. Don't know if this is a product of Foley but that is a terrible way to play at his level.
I won't be excited til he strings together a few wins and learns that feeling.....again.
We all know he is going to win again. But will he become dominant again? I won't think he's "back" if he gets a win here or there. "Back" will be when he is usually in the hunt and winning somewhat close to what he was before. A couple wins here and there isn't back.

But if he's "back", then he's not waiting for people to choke or come back to him. The old Eldrick stepped on people's throats and ran roughshod over everyone. He didn't wait for people to come back to him, he made it all but impossible for them to catch up to him.

I said before that I don't care if he ever wins again. We all know he's too talented for that to happen, but the question is when. He had it in his grasp this week but didn't get it done.

You are right, being "back" for Tiger shouldn't mean the other guys have a bad day and he has an OK day which leads to him winning. Being back means he is dominating the rest of the field, which I don't know that we will see again. I think he will get to the point of having a few wins each year again, but not by blowing them away each and every week.

I think 2012 will be a pretty good year for him. Not sure if it was brought up much during the broadcast, but it looks like he's learned how to hit a stinger again with this swing. That's a pretty good sign since he'll have something he can use off the tee on tighter driving holes.

That driver swing though, man.. Dude needs to get that one under control.

Back