10YardDraw

Ex Club Ho
Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play!
Hey everybody now that the season is almost over I am pondering my new bag for next year. I have always used a stand bag but I am sick and tired of fighting clubs in and out. I am going with a cart bag or a staff bag and would like to hear your thoughts on each. One that has really caught my eye is the Bag Boy Revolver LE which is the new model and should be coming out soon, 14 way divider with locks that lock your clubs in place, plus the top spins so it will be so easy getting clubs. What are your thoughts on the Bag Boy vs Staff Bag? I personally dont care which OEM the staff bag is but really like the looks of the TM, I am open to any OEM. Do the clubs still get stuck with a staff bag since its not a 14 way divider? I have never used one so I have no clue how easy getting clubs in and out is. Thanks

I would wait and hear the feedback on the Ping bags. In regards to staff bags, they are all pretty much the same except the name on the side.

I would wait and hear the feedback on the Ping bags. In regards to staff bags, they are all pretty much the same except the name on the side.

They are all carry/stand bags except one. I plan on pulling the trigger on a new bag with in 2-3weeks.

I have both the Revolver and a few staff bags and prefer the staff bags. Not just for look, but the space and the way the pockets are setup is a preference for me. I carry a lot in my bag and like they fit in the staff bags.

I was just thinking, if you are looking for a good stand back, I have a Nike SQ Tour stand bag that I am not going to use. It has 14 way divider. Really nice bag with a lot of really good accessible pockets.

I have both the Revolver and a few staff bags and prefer the staff bags. Not just for look, but the space and the way the pockets are setup is a preference for me. I carry a lot in my bag and like they fit in the staff bags.
Thanks JB, do you have any trouble at all getting clubs in and out of the staff bag? I am more worried about that than storage space. Also any problems getting them on a cart, I ride 99% of the time.

I was just thinking, if you are looking for a good stand back, I have a Nike SQ Tour stand bag that I am not going to use. It has 14 way divider. Really nice bag with a lot of really good accessible pockets.

Sounds nice but I am really looking for a cart or staff bag.

I use a push cart most of the time so I go with cart bags. I bought a new 2010 version of the Ping Pioneer and really like it. The dividers do their job and keep things from getting tangled together. Mine has the putter well on the left side when the bag is on my Sun Mountain which I like. Tons of space as well and a big cooler pocket. Lots of choices out there for sure.

Thanks JB, do you have any trouble at all getting clubs in and out of the staff bag? I am more worried about that than storage space. Also any problems getting them on a cart, I ride 99% of the time.

None and at times I have upwards of 25 clubs in a bag.

I had a Nike staff bag once and liked it, but there are also many good cart bag options that are out or are coming out that have a lot of space in them. I was shopping for one earlier this year and finally narrowed it down to one of the Ogio cart bags, the Datrek Assault (which is what I ended up purchasing), and the Ogio Grom in case I decided to stick with a stand bag. I had always used stand bags before too but in the last couple of years I started walking all the time so I ended up purchasing a Clig Gear 2.0 cart, so I knew a cart bag would give me the extra space I wanted. It looks there are a lot of nice bags coming out in the coming months so your options are only going to grow over the next couple of months.

None and at times I have upwards of 25 clubs in a bag.

Thats what I like to hear, thanks JB. I think I will probably go with a staff bag then, I was just worried about having the same problem I am having now since its not a 14 way divider but it sounds like I have nothing to worry about.

Hoosier I have looked at that bag a couple times, its the only cart bag my course carries and the white one looks pretty good IMO.

I, like you, hate having to fight to get the clubs in and out of the bag. I went with an :ogio: synchro bag and have never been happier. They really make a great bag.

I, like you, hate having to fight to get the clubs in and out of the bag. I went with an :ogio: synchro bag and have never been happier. They really make a great bag.

Thanks WR I will def give one a look next time I am in a store. I think I am pretty set on a Staff bag but that could change if I really like something.

Keep an eye on this thread as I am frustrated with my stand bag as well.

It gets very frustrating for sure. The worst for me is not being able to get them back in, drives me crazy.

It gets very frustrating for sure. The worst for me is not being able to get them back in, drives me crazy.

YES! My bag always starts to slide side ways and leans when on the cart. DRIVES ME NUTS! However, I sure do like the weight.

I liked my TM staff bag from the MC, but it wasn't the easiest thing to get on a cart. It was backwards on the cart compared to a normal cart bag. The Callaway Razr staff bag was the exact opposite and looked like it worked well on the back of a cart. I went back to my Sun Mountain C130 cart bag recently though and am glad I did. The bag offers the 15 way divider, which I love, and has a lot of pockets.

I liked my TM staff bag from the MC, but it wasn't the easiest thing to get on a cart. It was backwards on the cart compared to a normal cart bag. The Callaway Razr staff bag was the exact opposite and looked like it worked well on the back of a cart. I went back to my Sun Mountain C130 cart bag recently though and am glad I did. The bag offers the 15 way divider, which I love, and has a lot of pockets.

hmmm I was thinking they would all fit on a cart just fine. That kind of scares me now lol. I really liked the look of the Razr Staff bag so maybe that will be the way I go since it fits well.

MANY of the things you mention are points that I made in my sign-up for being a tester for the Ping Pioneer Bag. I will be testing, and reporting on, all of those feature points after I receive the bag. The bag should be shipped to me in a week or 10 days. I'm very excited about the opportunity to test and report on this bag WOOOOT !

Ive been thinking new Ping Pioneer or their Traverse. I love the looks of the traverse and can't wait to see the new Pioneer design.

Tapatalk

hmmm I was thinking they would all fit on a cart just fine. That kind of scares me now lol. I really liked the look of the Razr Staff bag so maybe that will be the way I go since it fits well.

Actually, it wasn't backwards. We had it backwards so our names were showing. Turned around (handle facing out) it worked decent. It was a tight fit with 2 staff bags on there though. If you carry around a lot of stuff, then a staff bag may be the way to go.

That's what i have and i love it.

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. There are so many good looking staff bags out so I think I should be able to find one that fits pretty well. I will def be throwing up some pics in this thread once I narrow it down from just staff bag to my favorite 2 or 3. Might even add a poll.

That's what i have and i love it.

hmmm another vote for the Ogio. I def gotta check this one out as well.

Back