Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi Hybrid - THP Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These are very interesting and I'm looking forward to getting them on the course. They are a pretty different looking hybrid in comparison to what I normally carry. From some angles you wouldn't even know that it is a hybrid.

The premise behind these is that they are direct iron replacements.

[video=youtube;Lcb9sr44-HE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcb9sr44-HE[/video]

DSCF2363.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

DSCF2363.jpg

I like the look of these a lot Hawk, and they have intrigued me since JB first posted something about them a few months ago. I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on these hybrids.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts Hawk. But let's just say the looks are..... interesting

Interesting look - like a super super game improvement iron. Looking forward to the review.

I really like the head shape of these. Nice and compact. Look forward to hearing how they perform!

I'm looking forward to this review as I'm thinking about replacing my 4i with a hybrid with my next set.

• Staff
Interesting look - like a super super game improvement iron. Looking forward to the review.

That's pretty good, actually!

Thanks for the video Hawk! I'm looking at these thinking I really like the top design. Definitely irons like in appearance from the front but really different. Pretty intrigued to hear how these work out for you!

Just rewatched the video. Now that my hybrid endeavors for this fall have failed, this is definately on my radar! I love the similarity to an iron!

I like the look of these a lot Hawk, and they have intrigued me since JB first posted something about them a few months ago. I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on these hybrids.

I know you've been sweating them since the press release, so I'll do my best to get you some good info :)

Thanks for the video Hawk! I'm looking at these thinking I really like the top design. Definitely irons like in appearance from the front but really different. Pretty intrigued to hear how these work out for you!

Thanks! I feel like they'll be pretty good, but they just look so different than my typical hybrid preference. They almost look more like an iron to me. Should be a fun time hitting it. I have a couple holes in mind that it should come in handy.

These remind me of the HB3.

I really like the looks of these. Reminds me of some of the old Mizuno driving irons. Looking forward to hear how the work out for you on the course tomorrow, Hawk.

I really like the looks of these. Reminds me of some of the old Mizuno driving irons. Looking forward to hear how the work out for you on the course tomorrow, Hawk.

I thought the same thing. First thought was driving iron. From appearances, these look to be a very solid SGI offering but looking forward to the on course feedback!

Hawk is busy between this and the FW wood he is reviewing!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I thought the same thing. First thought was driving iron. From appearances, these look to be a very solid SGI offering but looking forward to the on course feedback!

Hawk is busy between this and the FW wood he is reviewing!!

Tappin' from my iPad!
Yes, I keep going back to the shot of it at address. It looks so similar to an iron to me when looking down at it. Really want to hear more about this one.

Thanks for posting. Definitely some similarities there.

Wish you had gotten a look at these up in Iowa.

I've hit em into a net and I'm eager to see what you think of em, Hawk. Love the iron like price.

Had a few chances to use this today on the course. Sorry to say that I didn't get any shots with it on video. This hybrid is definitely different. The feel at impact is something new to me. It's really, really muted to me. Definitely got the ball up in the air, though I had a tendency to hit it right today. I do need some range time for sure.

One shot I took was very nice, though it ended up a little long. Had a pretty easy chip up to the green from right off the back.

I want to hit this bad, love the look and liked the MP Fli-Hi which was more iron like than this.

They definetly have a muted feel to them. They are really easy to launch and are super-forgiving though. I love my JPX Fli-Hi 4.

Yea, they seem to be very forgiving. I really want to get it in a controlled environment - i.e. the range without 30-40 mph winds - so I can get a better feel for it.

I agree with Smalls that these look like the HB3s I was also thinking the Ping G15/G20 hybrids a little bit.

I'm going to try and capture the sound of this club on video for you guys tonight. The more I think about it, the less I like it. Still, that's not always a deal-breaker if it performs better than other clubs.

Back