Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to compare wins against top 25 teams, wins vs teams with winning records and wins vs teams that are bowl bound as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bot should carry weight. OKST is solid, never said they weren't. As an Auburn fan, want to talk about the defenses that OKST played against?

Sure. If Georgia had won it would have meaningless too. If Georgia had won, would you have left LSU out after they beat Oregon, Alabama, and Arkansas? That would be ridiculous. LSU would still be in the game without winning their conference.

But why is everyone so wrapped up in the conference championship game? Show me where the BCS says that in order to play in the national title game, you have to win your conference? That's just not a good argument. Oregon won their conference and they had to beat a 6-6 UCLA.

Yeah I would have left LSU out. Win your conference first. Then play for the National Championship. I'm not saying that the SEC is broken, just the BCS. Alabama did not earn the right to play for the National Championship. They were the third best team in their own conference. If they were so good, maybe they shouldn't have lost a game at home because of missed FGs and bad QB play.

Rematches are part of sports. Michigan State and Wisconsin played twice this year. Wisconsing won the BIG10 title game. But they already had their shot!!! Come on man. Sometimes you just have to use the eyeball test. The BCS' job is to put the best two teams in the country in the title game and it did that.

Wisconsin won their division, won the conference title game, and then they won the Conference's invite to the Rose Bowl. Their system worked.

I'll say this, I will not be watching the "national Championship game", that first game was like watching paint dry and I won't subject myself to that again. I disagree with the rematch for many reasons, but just based on awful boredom and thinking the whole premiss of the BCS is stupid, I can't do that again.

Oh and basically all the other BCS bowls really suck too, other than maybe the Rose Bowl.

The only way the system will change to something better will be if people don't watch, so for everyone that thinks the system is broken, just don't watch the game!

Bot should carry weight. OKST is solid, never said they weren't. As an Auburn fan, want to talk about the defenses that OKST played against?

I am sure those defenses were comparable to North Texas, Kent State, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia Southern, and the terrible defense of Auburn.

Want to talk about the offences these "great" defences went up against? Other than the top three teams in the SEC the rest are pretty bad, and the offences on your top three teams aren't exactly great either.

I'm glad my school in this party is Kansas, and I don't have to justify why they should have gotten in.

Yeah I would have left LSU out. Win your conference first. Then play for the National Championship. I'm not saying that the SEC is broken, just the BCS. Alabama did not earn the right to play for the National Championship. They were the third best team in their own conference. If they were so good, maybe they shouldn't have lost a game at home because of missed FGs and bad QB play.

Wisconsin won their division, won the conference title game, and then they won the Conference's invite to the Rose Bowl. Their system worked.

Wow. Leaving Alabama out is debatable. You can make a case for that. However, if LSU lost to Georgia, you would leave them out of the National Championship because they didn't win their conference??? That's ridiculous man. They beat Oregon, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia... Wow. You could not leave the beast team in college football out of the National Championship game just because they didn't win their conference.

Based on that logic, the title game would have been Oklahoma State and Oregon. C'mon man!

Wow. Leaving Alabama out is debatable. You can make a case for that. However, if LSU lost to Georgia, you would leave them out of the National Championship because they didn't win their conference??? That's ridiculous man. They beat Oregon, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia... Wow. You could not leave the beast team in college football out of the National Championship game just because they didn't win their conference.

Based on that logic, the title game would have been Oklahoma State and Oregon. C'mon man!

Obviously Georgia wouldn't have been a win if they had lost but you get the point.

Want to talk about the offences these "great" defences went up against? Other than the top three teams in the SEC the rest are pretty bad, and the offences on your top three teams aren't exactly great either.

Tell em about it CB!

I agree I will not watch the National Championship Game...the first one was bad enough.

I am sure those defenses were comparable to North Texas, Kent State, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia Southern, and the terrible defense of Auburn.

Ok man. So if it were up to you, who are the best two teams in the country now?

I think the NC Game is right on. If Bama wins, they're the National Champions. LSU might have won the first time, but if Bama wins this time, LSU didn't win when it counts! If they won the first time they should be able to take care of buisness again.

It's pretty funny, you've come in here and taken one of the few guys saying Bama should be in the game, and all of a sudden have him throwing out reasons why they shouldn't.

Then the conference's, and their title games, don't matter. Then why even have conferences. Why not just have evey team be independent and play whoever they want to. Why even have conferences if they don't matter.

It's all good guys. The game will be played whether you watch or not.

Let me ask you this. Let's say all standings are how they are now. Alabama and OKST play each other. Winner plays LSU. Would that suffice?

see now you are proving OUR point.....you said OSU got left out because they lost to a much worse team when they controlled their own destiny.....so why shouldn't the same have applied if LSU had lost to Georgia? Then you are so quick to point out all the people that LSU beat......I believe that is the same logic you have been argueing against for the last hour!

Check Mate!

It's pretty funny, you've come in here and taken one of the few guys saying Bama should be in the game, and all of a sudden have him throwing out reasons why they shouldn't.

Not a big deal. Of course, an Alabama fan makes a case for his team and an Auburn fans makes a case against it. It's a rivalry man. The only thing I've said that should make anyone not like it was the "haters...... yankees" comment. All I've done other than that was state my case. See no problem with it.

It's all good guys. The game will be played whether you watch or not.

Let me ask you this. Let's say all standings are how they are now. Alabama and OKST play each other. Winner plays LSU. Would that suffice?

Not to me. Too many 1 lose teams. Why not have Stanford play? Or Houston? All of those teams had the exact same record as Alabama. They all have as much claim as Alabama, since they didn't win their conference either.

I'm not sure the Conference championship argument holds true because of divisions within conferences. If you can only get in if you win your conference, then Oregon would have a better chance than Stanford even though Oregon lost twice and Stanford only once. That's kinda fishy.

see now you are proving OUR point.....you said OSU got left out because they lost to a much worse team when they controlled their own destiny.....so why shouldn't the same have applied if LSU had lost to Georgia? Then you are so quick to point out all the people that LSU beat......I believe that is the same logic you have been argueing against for the last hour!

Check Mate!

Indeed. But Georgia is not a bad loss. They were top 15. OKST had a really bad loss. And if you look back, I agreed that OKST is solid and that is a valid point. I never argued against OKST's quality wins.

Not to me. Too many 1 lose teams. Why not have Stanford play? Or Houston? All of those teams had the exact same record as Alabama. They all have as much claim as Alabama, since they didn't win their conference either.

So you just want a giant playoff? Do you really believe Houston deserves to be in the conversation with Stanford, Oregon, OKST, Alabama? I definitely don't.

Not the same with Houston since they suck. And I could see Stanford making a case to get in.

So you just want a giant playoff? Do you really believe Houston deserves to be in the conversation with Stanford, Oregon, OKST, Alabama? I definitely don't.
A giant playoff is what many people want.

Division 1 is the only one that does not have a playoff system.

Check Mate!

I don't agree with "You have to win your conference" or "No rematches" arguments. Rematches would probably happen in an 8 team playoff too.

As far as OKST's quality wins versus Alabama's quality loss - I never said that was cut and dry. It's obviously debatable and you can make a case either way.

A giant playoff is what many people want.

Division 1 is the only one that does not have a playoff system.

Playoffs are fun. Like the 64 team basketball tournament. But they aren't always the best way to determine a champion.

No I don't. I want a system that goes back to regional bowls. Having a "true national champion" only matters to writers and fans. The players should be more focused on their education than their football team's record.

They had the same exact record. If there was going to be any sort of playoff that includes Alabama, Houston should also be apart of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back