Callaway RAZR X Black Driver

I do not enjoy the looks of this driver, mostly because of the red on the crown. If it hits the ball very very far, I could get over it, but I wouldn't pick it on looks.

Great looking driver and thanks for the videos of ddec and CL hitting it, it sounds pretty nice as well. Can someone compare weight of it to the Razr Hawk? Is this one heavier or about the same as that one?

Great looking driver and thanks for the videos of ddec and CL hitting it, it sounds pretty nice as well. Can someone compare weight of it to the Razr Hawk? Is this one heavier or about the same as that one?

I believe that the Fit is a little heavier. The Fit comes in at about 323 g.

So with the Fit being a little heavier is the Razr X Black then pretty similar to the Razr Hawk?

Perhaps I have it backwards. I will find out the specs now on weight today, but I do know the Fit is 323 grams.

God that thing is reflective... That darn near completely turns me away.

I was one of the few that didn't like the composite on the crown of last years model. However, with the addition of the red lines I love this version.

No sound on the work computer, how does this one sound compared to last years model. Similar, exact, more tingy?

I was one of the few that didn't like the composite on the crown of last years model. However, with the addition of the red lines I love this version.

I'm with you, I did not love the crown on the Octane, but this one looks really good to me. In the sun the forged composite really "pops"

MMMMMMM......composite crown. I actually like the crown on this due to the 'alignment aid' the graphics and composite produce. I think it would frame the ball up just fine for me. I'm kinda digging the shallower face that Callaway is going with on their drivers for 2012 too.

Not really a fan of the crown but this is certainly something I would want to hit.

It was not reflective at all at least in terms of the sun

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

After watching those vids and looking at the shaft a little closer my interest is pretty high right now. I could get over the look of the crown with time.

I also don't like the crown much, but everything else looks nice. I'd have to see it in person to know if it would be distracting to me or not. Thanks for the pics, comments, and videos.

I like the sole and face, but the top is terrible again.

I like the red lines quite a bit. The Taylormade burner 2.0 from Japan that I have has the same red lines actually and they're nicely for alignment. I dislike the composite crown graphics showing through a fair bit though.

I, like Dead am very happy they gave us a true hosel here. Both for shaft changes but mostly for the weight placement in the head. I'm not sure how close this is to the Octane but for me there was a massive difference between the standard and tour models in terms of the head weight and how it felt. Hopefully this feels more like the Tour model of last year.

The crown alignment aid reminds me a little of the 07 Burner's alignment aid. If it's anything like it, you won't even notice it after a round.

The red accents are definetely different, and would take a little getting used to. Pretty cool looking though.

I really liked this head. I hit great shot after great shot with this club when I hit it over the weekend. The shaft felt great, but I would like to bring my ball flight down a little bit, maybe the same shaft in X or another shaft. I wasn't a huge fan of the crown design. It didn't look bad, I just prefer something simple. However once I started hitting it I didn't notice at all. It wouldn't stop me from gaming it. I think Callaway will sell alot of these drivers at 250 price point.

This driver is stunning. Watching Chunky find fairways all day added to the mystique for me. Sounds perfect, sets up perfect. I'm kicking myself for not taking a swing or two.

Seems the graphics on the top are causing very polarized responses. I for one, think it looks good and does remind me a little of the 07 Burner. I want to try this one out very badly.

Don't know how I missed this all day, but that driver is sleek looking! Face not as high, and elongated in the back....just looks like it is going fast.

Oh man, that is one awesome looking driver!
I love the looks of the crown... I can just imagine seeing two red streaks heading towards the ball in anger. The 'forged composite' also looks amazing.

Back