The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If our new regime next year doesn't start using McCluster correctly, we might as well send him to you guys for a pick. I know Charles going down via knee injury changed everything, but good lord, stop running McCluster up the middle. I think he has "Sproles-like" potential if he was used like Sproles.

Oh man, from what I've seen I agree, though he's a lot slighter physically. That's what Rodgers needs for Christmas to fill his toy box. A Sproles type player.

Kevin

Oh man, from what I've seen I agree, though he's a lot slighter physically. That's what Rodgers needs for Christmas to fill his toy box. A Sproles type player.

Kevin

Well, I would not be surprised at all if they trade him (even though I think it would be a crappy idea). When they drafted him, one of his roles was going to be returner. Well, J. Arenas has that job and is doing a decent job at it. I can see them using that as justification to move him, as opposed to getting their head out of their butts and figuring out how to use him.

Kevin

Wait a minute, if Rodgers had a Sproles type player, could he put of "mvp/elite Brees type numbers"?! LOL

Wait a minute, if Rodgers had a Sproles type player, could he put of "mvp/elite Brees type numbers"?! LOL

He might. He would need to cut down on all those stupid decisions he makes.

Kevin

He might. He would need to cut down on all those stupid decisions he makes.

Kevin

Rodgers would have to cut "up" his bad decisions and throw to the other team more.

As a Chiefs fan, what are your thoughts on Cassell?

Steel Tappin'

Back up QB and that is all. Word on the street is that Stanzi may get the start this weekend so we can see what we have in him. I'm not saying he is the answer, but I like the strategy of seeing what he has as that will drive draft and free agent decisions.

I have two NFL questions for those who know stuff: Here is the first one:
I see that Harrison makes just $180,000 per season, the rest I guess is in bonuses. Bradford has made 600k in salary and 36 million in bonuses. How does that work against the salary cap?

I have two NFL questions for those who know stuff: Here is the first one:
I see that Harrison makes just $180,000 per season, the rest I guess is in bonuses. Bradford has made 600k in salary and 36 million in bonuses. How does that work against the salary cap?

The bonus is broken down based on number of years and is the only guaranteed money a player earns.

The bonus is broken down based on number of years and is the only guaranteed money a player earns.

So lets say Bradford signed a 6 year contract and gets 36M in bonuses and 600k in salary, he then represents 6.1M against the cap?

Along with Butkus, Deacon Jones, Alex Karras, etc...
Although a lot of those guys might be smart enough to adapt after 4 times in a year...hehe

I think guys like the Deamon Deacon, Mean Joe, Jack Tatum, Lambert, etc. would track down the commissioner instead of changing the way they played!

They would be broke lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

With all of the research regarding sustained head injuries among football players and the long term effects, including insanity and suicidal depression; I figured this topic wouldn't be so touchy.

I've said numerous times that I'm all for putting rules in place. I just ask for clarity and consistency! That's it. I wake up with a headache and go to sleep with a headache just about each and every day - I wouldn't have a chance to get cleared medically for any serious physical contact. I've been through it and it sucks. Ended my football career early. So, you're barking up the wrong tree on this one. Personally, I say remove the gray areas and ban all helmet-to-helmet hits regardless of circumstance - my gripe at the moment is that far too many gray areas do indeed still exist. I think hockey should do the same thing.

The NFL just announced that they have renewed their TV deals with NBC, CBS, and FOX through 2022. Those 3 networks will continue to rotate the Super Bowl. NBC will also show the Thanksgiving night game starting in 2012 instead of NFL Network. The press release also states that the NFL Network can expand its Thursday night package, and "flexible scheduling" of games will also be expanded.

http://nflcommunications.com/2011/12/14/the-tradition-continues-nfl-to-remain-on-broadcast-tv/

I keep hearing a report on Sirius NFL that Jerry "Call Timeout JASON!!" Jones has been telling reporters in D/FW that Garrett is not on the hot seat. Where there's smoke there's fire?

This time of year it seems like such a long time between games. I could watch the Packers play every day.

Kevin

This time of year it seems like such a long time between games. I could watch the Packers run up the score every day at the risk of unnecessary injury and ruining our season.

Kevin

....fify :alien:

That was a good fify

Tebow is up to #3 for AFC probowl QB voting...and since Brady never plays in it, maybe he will make it and piss even more people off lol

I keep hearing a report on Sirius NFL that Jerry "Call Timeout JASON!!" Jones has been telling reporters in D/FW that Garrett is not on the hot seat. Where there's smoke there's fire?
Doubt it.....think Red is gonna be here for awhile not matter what.

I put that out there so you jealous type would have something to post about.

Kevin

nfl_g_mccarthy1x_576.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back