Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Thanks for the kind words duey, and KB you know how Jonesco has a tendency to cool me off big time. See y'all tomorrow.

Played home course from gold tees 70.7/117 (approx 5400 yards), shot 84 (42,42). I was weak off the tee on a bunch of holes which cost me a lot of opportunities for GIR. I had a lot of trouble shots just trying to get back into the fairway. I felt like I scrambled way too much but the Adams kept me in the game pretty well. The clubs that hurt me most were the driver, 3 wood, and putter. Here are shots I made with the Adams.
  • 1 - par 5, approach with 6 hybrid (GIR) long to back of green and ended up 3 putting for bogey
  • 2 - par 4, approach with GW (GIR) 2 putt par
  • 3 - par 3, tee shot with 5H (GIR) 2 putt par
  • 4 - par 4, approach with 7i pulled left of green, bogey
  • 5 - par 5, tee shot with 8i (GIR), 2 putt par
  • 6 - par 4, didn't use Adams, bogey
  • 7 - par 4, trouble shot with 5H from behind tree missed to right side of fairway, double bogey
  • 8 - par 5, trouble shot from trees - pitched out with GW to front of green, bogey because of 3 putt
  • 9 - par 4, approach with 7i a little long just off green, saved par
  • 10 - par 4, tee shot with 4H, approach with 7i missed a little left of green, saved par
  • 11 - par 3, chip with GW, bogey
  • 12 - par 4, trouble shot with PW to middle of fairway, bogey
  • 13 - par 4, trouble shot with PW to middle of fairway, bogey
  • 14 - par 4, trouble shot with 7i to middle of fairway, bogey
  • 15 - par 4, 4H approach to front of green, bogey
  • 16 - par 3, 5H pulled pin high rolled off green on left side, bogey
  • 17 - par 5, didn't use the Adams, par
  • 18 - par 5, chipped onto green with GW (GIR), 2 putt par

You did hit them well KB, I was impressed with your ball striking for sure. I felt that I too struck the ball well, but alas the old flatstick really hurt me on the front side. The Adams clubs are performing well for both of us IMO.

Great update KB! Good to hear the Adams kept you in the game. They really just seem to do that and its one thing I really love about them.

I took the 4h and 5h to the range tonight. I'm going to use them without the other A12OS's to see how well they can fit into other sets for me. I really like the hybrids and curious to see how the handle it. It'll be with another graphite shafted iron set so hopefully they still play similar. Cannot wait to get out there on Saturday!

Great update KB! Good to hear the Adams kept you in the game. They really just seem to do that and its one thing I really love about them.

I took the 4h and 5h to the range tonight. I'm going to use them without the other A12OS's to see how well they can fit into other sets for me. I really like the hybrids and curious to see how the handle it. It'll be with another graphite shafted iron set so hopefully they still play similar. Cannot wait to get out there on Saturday!
That should be cool TMex, look forward to seeing how well they do fit with the other sets buddy.

Sounds like a good time out there anyway KB and DD, at least your still getting out to play, lol. I hope to get out over the weekend now with temps possibly hitting 50*, yea. I really want to work on those hybrids, they just have never been consistent for me like they have for the rest of you and I think its just my "Come out of the shoes" swing. The old Rescues handled that well, but I think the shaft is the biggest difference.

I gotta try this down the line as well.

Playing tomorrow PM in a friendly. Gonna try to implore the no woods policy so hopefully lots of good ball striking to report.

Swung these for first time last week and have say they felt awesome. I have played Adams before and these are the best I have felt and I thought the A7Os were tough to beat. Adams did it with these.

TapAhoy!

You got that right buddy, these are the best Adams clubs I have ever hit.

After my range session today I decided to sneak in a quick 9. It was cool and prett windy but I played really well. I hit every fairway land was 7/9 in GIR.

The Adams clubs did a great job again...I birdied the par 3 3rd hole by hitting 6h to 4 feet! Had a couple of othe really good iron shots......ended up shooting 37... My best score over on that 9!

After my range session today I decided to sneak in a quick 9. It was cool and prett windy but I played really well. I hit every fairway land was 7/9 in GIR.

The Adams clubs did a great job again...I birdied the par 3 3rd hole by hitting 6h to 4 feet! Had a couple of othe really good iron shots......ended up shooting 37... My best score over on that 9!

WTG TBT on that 37, that is strong buddy, and congrats on the bird. I love the iron/hybrids, my misses of late is a hook when I get too aggressive, otherwise they go exactly where I aim them.

That's fantastic! Congrats!

Shot 79 (41,38) from the gold tees today (70.7/117 5400 yards). That's my lowest round in quite a while. I knew if I could get my short game and driver working, the Adams would do the rest. I have played very consistently with them but other parts of my game have been suffering. Had a lesson on my driver and pitch shots yesterday and it made a big difference today. My best shot of the day was on #15 with a 7 iron approach from 134. I swear I thought I had an eagle but it just missed on a downhill green and trickled down to the bottom of the green and I ended up with a par. I went in the water on #5 (didn't finish well) with my 8 iron only to hit it again within 10' above the flag. That cost me 2 strokes so that and a 3 putt on #9 cost me a really good round. I am really enjoying these Adams. Poor Pings are so lonesome in my closet. It never occurs to me to take them out and try them again. Why??? I think I will put the G15s up for sale now.

Shot 79 (41,38) from the gold tees today (70.7/117 5400 yards). That's my lowest round in quite a while. I knew if I could get my short game and driver working, the Adams would do the rest. I have played very consistently with them but other parts of my game have been suffering. Had a lesson on my driver and pitch shots yesterday and it made a big difference today. My best shot of the day was on #15 with a 7 iron approach from 134. I swear I thought I had an eagle but it just missed on a downhill green and trickled down to the bottom of the green and I ended up with a par. I went in the water on #5 (didn't finish well) with my 8 iron only to hit it again within 10' above the flag. That cost me 2 strokes so that and a 3 putt on #9 cost me a really good round. I am really enjoying these Adams. Poor Pings are so lonesome in my closet. It never occurs to me to take them out and try them again. Why??? I think I will put the G15s up for sale now.

Great shooting KB, that is some serious golf right there. I would vote for you putting the Pings up for sale, you hit those Adams much too well to change back.

Testing Date: 12/18

I tried a completely different approach to this... But not on purpose. I took my hybrids out to clean them and never put them back in my back. I was going to combine the Adam's with the ZStars and go from there. Reason being it was a par 61 course and I'd have plenty of opportunities to use these. Well since I didn't I'd like to write about how I missed these in certain spots..

Hybrids:
I had a couple of holes where a 5h would have come in handy and the 4h would have been something I could have used. My swing was not on that day and I couldve used all the help these hybrids have provided in the past. Maybe I just took what I was doing for granted. But I ended up missing a great 40 yards left, topping another shot and leaving a nasty 30 foot putt (although I actually managed a green). Basically, when my swing isn't on, long irons are probably not the best club to have in my hands. The hybrids provide a sense of familiararity that I sorely needed at times.

Transitional Irons:
I had plenty of holes where the 7 and 8 came into play. I'm not sure these would've helped with the misses I was managing. Overcooked draws and I was just missing greens.

Short Irons:
I would venture to say the same as above. Althought I would've loved the AW on some chips around the green.

Overall:
I certainly could have used the hybrids for forgiveness on the longer iron type shots. In fact I think my day would've been a hole lot less frustrating. When I mention I'm not sure the transitional and short irons would've helped a lot that's a plus in my book. I like a smaller iron 7 and down, I like them to play a certain way. These play a lot like I like them too. Straight, forgiving and great feeling. I also like that I can step into a SGI set and not miss a beat when it comes to certain things that I like. I don't think I've been able to say that before.

Great round KB...I think you can safely sell those Pings.

I played this afternoon and hit everything pretty good.....even managed a low punch shot under some limbs with the 4h. These clubs continue to be incredibly forgiving and help keep my ball in play.....I played 72 holes this weekend and never lost a single ball!...I can't ever remember doing that.

I played this afternoon and hit everything pretty good.....even managed a low punch shot under some limbs with the 4h. These clubs continue to be incredibly forgiving and help keep my ball in play.....I played 72 holes this weekend and never lost a single ball!...I can't ever remember doing that.

Awesome job buddy! You guys are really playing some seriously good golf with the Adams clubs :clapp:. I think that the Adams Golf Company can be very proud of all the testers in this thread for an exceptional job testing and exposing how good their clubs really are .

i dont think i have ever gone that many holes without loosing a ball. great job

I was out today and walked 18 holes, it was a blast and I hit the ball very well except with the driver (I really want a new Black one :D) The Adams clubs were spot on though and I carded a 75 on my birthday today. Memorable.

Hybrids - On the very 1st hole today I used the 3H to hit a ball withing 6 feet of the hole from 187 yards to start the day with a birdie, loved it. Played a 4H over some trees to a down hill hole in the 200 yard range, I played the 4H as I did not think I could get the 3H over the trees, I was only 7 or 8 yards short of the green, I stuck a wedge close and made par after hitting a tree with my tee shot and thinking bogey was the best I would be able to card. Used the 4H from the trees on a par 5 and punched it about 175 yards to set up a 105 yard downhill GW that I stuck to 3 feet for another bird. The hybrids are awesome and I still say anyone looking to add a hybrid or two to their bag should do themselves a favor and look at these.

Transitionals - both clubs were solid today and I hit many greens and fringes with these two clubs today as well as made several quality bump and run chips, almost holed one with the 8I, it needed less than one revolution to go in. Solid clubs both.

Irons - I mentioned the GW shot earlier that set up a birdie, but the PW & 9I had several good shots also. I hit a PW uphill to a flag that was 105 and was about 20 feet past the pin. Also used these clubs for chipping and they are easy to gauge distances with to me, just pick out where you want land them and execute the shot, they perform as you expect every time.

Thoughts - I really look forward to getting these clubs out on the course each time I play, they remain to be just flat out fun to play. I think these clubs would surprise many golfers who think they would not play a game improvement club, these changed my mind, they just might change yours.

Nice job DD....great round and on your birthday too! :birthday:

I agree with you about these hybrids...one of the guys I play with occasionally just bought the 3H and 4H after hitting mine a few times. These have to be the most forgiving hybrids I have even hit...they are just plain fun to play with and the great thing is I no longer have doubts when I have longer yardage shots..these hybrids just give me great confidence!

Thank you buddy, I really believe these clubs are making me a better golfer by keeping me from overswinging, I guess that is what game improvement is all about, making the user a better golfer huh?

What a great round Dawg! Congrats!!

Well another round in the books on Saturday and I can't say I'm thrilled with my performance. It just seems like lately I've been in a funk since I haven't been playing consistently. Mind you none of this is the club's fault but I can say that these clubs definitely magnify some of my flaws. They've been saving me from a disaster or two here (especially on the transitionals and irons). I think the hybrids definitely magnify my flaws more since they are so forgiving.

Hybrids: Overall some hits and misses. Lately the 5h & 6h has been drawing my ire since I've been pull hooking the crap out of it. Part of it is me not swinging out and that just magnifies the pull more so. They're sneaky long even on my misses. They're definitely the best looking misses I have ever seen in a club. Nice towering shots that go towards houses or trees OOB, hehe. One good shot though was I found myself under a tree that I had to punch a low one out. Took my 5h, ball way back in the stance and punched a low one to short grass. Probably my best shot of the day with a hybrid.

Transitionals/irons: Solid and steady. Ball still files with a high trajectory and I kind of prefer that anyway with most of the courses here being target golf driven. I've been hitting some off the toe lately which is not so bad since the only thing I'm seeing is the expected loss of distance. Trajectory and direction are still there, just flying about 10 yds short when that mishit happens.

All in all another bad swinging day for me. Glad these clubs are in the bag though since I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for the forgiveness of these. Military golf perhaps. :D

Great job everyone, seem's we were out in force yesterday and/or today. Big congrats to KB's 79 and DD's 74, that's kick-A winter golf IMHO. Yoccos forgetting his hybrids and the the highlight was this statement by Spank
They're definitely the best looking misses I have ever seen in a club. Nice towering shots that go towards houses or trees OOB, hehe.
Haha

As mentioned elsewhere I made it out for a full two holes, even did a HOTD vid, lol. I can't say I hit these much other than the 8i on the second hole from close to 150. I hit 5 or 6 shots at the pin and honestly only kept one ball on the green. Pushed the first one right, several pulls left and several long. Not really all that surprised with several layers and a jacket on, plus not playing any for quite some time. This will likely be my last time out for a while, but the LM in Grand-Island will be seeing plenty of me.

Great job everyone, seem's we were out in force yesterday and/or today. Big congrats to KB's 79 and DD's 74, that's kick-A winter golf IMHO. Yoccos forgetting his hybrids and the the highlight was this statement by Spank Haha

As mentioned elsewhere I made it out for a full two holes, even did a HOTD vid, lol. I can't say I hit these much other than the 8i on the second hole from close to 150. I hit 5 or 6 shots at the pin and honestly only kept one ball on the green. Pushed the first one right, several pulls left and several long. Not really all that surprised with several layers and a jacket on, plus not playing any for quite some time. This will likely be my last time out for a while, but the LM in Grand-Island will be seeing plenty of me.

Hahah... I wish I would've remembered them!

Due I think its that time of year where the weather is going to effect how we move and it may not matter what club we have in our hands but a more forgiving one will help!

Nice write up Spank! I know how you're feeling right now buddy.

Back