Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Man... the more I hear about this club, the more I want to hit it.

Just bumping this one. Any more testers out there? Love to get some more reviews.

Just bumping this one. Any more testers out there? Love to get some more reviews.

I don't think we'll here from many more people until it gets closer to release. I'm very interested in this right now as well.

I would like to hear from more testers also. I love the looks, and have always been impressed with the Cleveland drivers I have hit in the past.

The guys at my local Golf Galaxy finally got to hit the Classic and had nothing but great things to say about it. I was actually surprised as they are not usually kind of Cleveland products. They loved it.

I've been looking at pic's of this around the net and hearing some solid reviews. Talk about a deep face, not sure if its just the pictures or not, but that looks about as deep as I've ever seen one. Sort of cool having a retro look, yet its about as far from retro as it could be with that face and shaft.

I've been looking at pic's of this around the net and hearing some solid reviews. Talk about a deep face, not sure if its just the pictures or not, but that looks about as deep as I've ever seen one. Sort of cool having a retro look, yet its about as far from retro as it could be with that face and shaft.

Like the camaro, or charger.

Hit this almost exclusively today off the tee since we were into the wind on every tee box and hit it rather well. Ball flight is a nice low to mid flight that suits me well. The key to this one so far for me is the impact sound is so good that it just begs you to keep hitting it.

Like JB said, the sound on this driver is almost addicting. It has a very deep sound, which is nice to hear compared to some of the "pingy" sounds a lot of drivers make these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

release date yet?

Can't wait to hit this. I can't wait to hit a lot of things this year but this is at the top of my list.

It sounds like you're still getting some really good carry numbers with that lower launch, JB. Was your ball flight higher/lower with the C Kua?

It sounds like you're still getting some really good carry numbers with that lower launch, JB. Was your ball flight higher/lower with the C Kua?

Similar Hawk, but I would say slightly higher. I actually really like the C. Kua shaft that comes standard in the driver. It works extremely well, has a great feel to it and fits the driver head.

Is it the same C. Kua that goes in the SL series?

Is it the same C. Kua that goes in the SL series?

I dont have actual specs on the C. Kua shaft yet, but if I was a betting man, I would say yes.

JB was hitting this well with a very tight fade. And a few of the shots were high on the face out near the toe. Even with this less than solid strike he was still getting the mid penetrating ball flight. Solid in the forgiveness depart based on what I saw.

That's what I like about this driver (other than the Sexy looks), it seems like with the depth of the face it would be very forgiving.

Thanks JB.

I'm really looking forward to this release...this is the ONE driver that I want to hit in 2012. Seems like a very long, very forgiving driver. Has this been the only driver in the bag for a while now, JB?

I'm really looking forward to this release...this is the ONE driver that I want to hit in 2012. Seems like a very long, very forgiving driver. Has this been the only driver in the bag for a while now, JB?

No, not really. I have tested quite a few for review, but when it comes to my bag that I play when not reviewing, this one is in there.

No, not really. I have tested quite a few for review, but when it comes to my bag that I play when not reviewing, this one is in there.

Now THAT is quite the vote of confidence.

Keegan Bradley shared some thoughts on the Classic driver on CG's blog

http://blog.clevelandgolf.com/?p=1534#comments

The one thing that sort of stuck out to me was him mentioning the gold portion of the face causing him to focus on the sweetspot.

Back