Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
But don't you just love the easy pars.

I guess. But that was one of only 3 on the day. I would've loved a birdie and it was certainly a possibility with only 8 feet. Not complaining about par, but not ecstatic.

Had about a 15 foot birdie putt on a drivable par 4 in my last round, which I converted. I ended up shooting an 82. My second best shot of that round was my tee shot on a par 3, which is in the HOTD thread.

I had 227 into the par5 15th from the right rough with trees blocking my way to the green. I was to close not to go at it. I pulled my Yonex hybrid and played a 20yd cut over the water fronting the green and the ball ended up just short of the green in the fringe 10ft from the water. It was one of the career shots that we draw up in our heads.

I had 227 into the par5 15th from the right rough with trees blocking my way to the green. I was to close not to go at it. I pulled my Yonex hybrid and played a 20yd cut over the water fronting the green and the ball ended up just short of the green in the fringe 10ft from the water. It was one of the career shots that we draw up in our heads.

Nice shot Freddie, it is nice to be young and strong, I would have had to punch out to a yardage before trying to get over the water. It sounds like you are still loving the Yonex.

Nice shot Freddie, it is nice to be young and strong, I would have had to punch out to a yardage before trying to get over the water. It sounds like you are still loving the Yonex.

Me and the Yonex are one

9 iron from 128 to about 7 foot .. missed the birdie

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

9 iron from 128 to about 7 foot .. missed the birdie

Still a great shot MK and like I told Damaikis, it makes for very easy pars.

A par 3 that is usually 75 was 62 today because they are reseeding the tee boxes. The hole is right over 2 large bunkers on the front of the green. It is uphill and the green is about 10 ft x 40 ft. I always overshoot this green by about 20 yds but today I landed it 10 ft from the pin, missed the birdie, but got par on one of my hardest holes at this course.

Still a great shot MK and like I told Damaikis, it makes for very easy pars.

Yeah. Nice shot. And it was the j40 9 iron :)

Par 3 12th. 172 downwind. 7 iron to 9 feet right of pin, made birdie putt.

A chip in for me today. Played a 56* at the back of my stance and hit my spot on the green. Rolled right in.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Very nice, Tad!

A par 3 that is usually 75 was 62 today because they are reseeding the tee boxes. The hole is right over 2 large bunkers on the front of the green. It is uphill and the green is about 10 ft x 40 ft. I always overshoot this green by about 20 yds but today I landed it 10 ft from the pin, missed the birdie, but got par on one of my hardest holes at this course.
Where did you play, Smiley's?

Very nice, Tad!

Where did you play, Smiley's?

Ha ha, how'd you guess... :) I have the "membership" there and it's less than a mile from my work. The course is horrible, but until I get better and under a 15 or so, it's fine for short rounds and practice. I still mostly play at other courses around town, and only play @ Smileys on days like this and for short lunch rounds and practice rounds. I am going to reward myself and get a membership next year or so when I do get there. Where do you usually play at?

Ha ha, how'd you guess... :) I have the "membership" there and it's less than a mile from my work. The course is horrible, but until I get better and under a 15 or so, it's fine for short rounds and practice. I still mostly play at other courses around town, and only play @ Smileys on days like this and for short lunch rounds and practice rounds. I am going to reward myself and get a membership next year or so when I do get there. Where do you usually play at?
I've played at Smiley's a lot. In fact my wife played about 10 rounds there before she decided she was ready to play a "regular" course (I thought she was ready after about 4 or 5 rounds!). We took lessons from Carl Pugh up there.

We play most of our rounds at Painted Hills (up by KCKCC), but I also play at Sunflower Hills, Tomahawk Hills and Falcon Lakes.

Hit an 8 iron from 146 in the left rough over a greenside bunker, dead on line with the flag that dropped 2 feet short of the hole and stopped less than 6 inches from the cup!! Thought I was going to jar it for the eagle for a minute!

Had a chip in today on the 9th hole to save par. Was a good feeling as the whole before became a bit of a blow out and with a long green to chip across I thought I'd end up going 2 over on that hole too.

Par 3 5th. 182 into the wind, 3 hybrid to 8 feet and made birdie.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Par 3 5th. 182 into the wind, 3 hybrid to 8 feet and made birdie.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Awesome shot dude. Sounds like the belly is working for you on those mid-range putts. Nice bird!

Today...no doubt. Final hole of the day par 5. It had a temp green moved up mid you. Anyways my tee shot found a fairway bunker... really was a great drive. I pulled 5 iron from 185. Pured one from the bunker to 3 feet of the pin.

Alex

Yesterday I hit a 4H to the green in 2 on a par 5 that my friends and I had never reached before.

Hole 18, par 4 - 145 yard 7 iron to 12 feet past the flag with a 15mph right to left wind. Missed birdie.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

wind was howling so i texas wedged a shot from a few yards off the green and hit the hole. didnt drop but man it was a great shot

outdrove 3 long bombers on #10 today
hit a pretty low wind cheating draw over a fw trap to the tune of 270
normally im way short of this trap

On the second par 5 today I hit driver+3w to within 10 yards of the green. This left me a delicate shot to a front pin that I didn't dare go past and leave a downhill comebacker. These are the type of shots i've been screwing up and costing me strokes especially off a thin lie. I hit a nice soft chip into the face of the green and it took one hop and ran just under the hole for an easy bird. I was more proud of that then the two woods I hit solid to get there.

It was my dad shot not mine. He hit his shot on a par 3 into the bunker then on his out he hit the flag stick. It bounced and landed one foot from the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back