David Feherty Leaves Cobra

When mentioning the big 3 of Srixon, Bridgestone, and Mizuno I think it would be a brilliant move for all 3.

Srixon - After gaining GMac last year this would be another great addition to the stable.
Bridgestone - Fred Couples, Lee Trevino, Davis Love III, Marcawesome and now Feherty! Good lord that's a strong lineup
Mizuno - #1 golfer in the world and now 1 of the top voices in golf. That would make them hard to overlook

I think I like Bridgestone or Srixon the best here. I can't wait to see who it is

Bridgestone looks tough to beat right there.

I think that is just it. He can be a face of a campaign and has his own tv show as a vehicle and a voice weekly to showcase that. I mean lets face it, who do you see more on tv, Feherty or any guy ranked below 50 on TV?

I think you (company) get a huge ROI on guys like this.

Agreed!

Bridgestone looks tough to beat right there.

thought you'd like that.

Could you imagine Bridgestone commercials with him and Trevino? Those would be hilarious. Him and Gmac doing a Srixon campaign together would be pretty darn good as well.

thought you'd like that.

Could you imagine Bridgestone commercials with him and Trevino? Those would be hilarious. Him and Gmac doing a Srixon campaign together would be pretty darn good as well.

Lol he and Couples too! Man, that would be great. I love his sense of humor. Gmac would be another good one to pair him with. Either way, one company is going to be really, really happy.

Bridgestone makes the most sense to me, too. I think his asset for any company is to present it's product and their staff players in a very marketable manner. Feherty is perfect as a advertising "master of ceremonies". He would reprise the role he played with Cobra, not based on his playing record with the product, but as a foil for the staff player.

Another loss for Cobra. Though Feherty hasn't hit a meaningful golf shot in a long time, he could arguably have been their biggest name.

Agree 100%

The more I ponder the more I think it's Bridgestone. What a great fit for them if that's the case. He could have some MC'ers on his show.

I hope he goes with Bridgestone. I think they have an awesome product that is under played.

I certainly hope it is Bridgestone. One hell of a company. I think I would die laughing if One-T and TMexican sat down for an interview. I would pay admission to see that.

Hopefully the AMP line can pull in some fans who like orange.

I certainly hope it is Bridgestone. One hell of a company. I think I would die laughing if One-T and TMexican sat down for an interview. I would pay admission to see that.

This. Times at least 1,000,000....oh my that would be hilarious.

I would guess Mizuno. They seem to be slightly ramping up their sponsorships in NA. Just from watching the tour here and reading magazines, I have noticed their ads and brand popping up more and more.

That's what I think, too. Mizuno has done a fantastic job of expanding their production into the "game improvement" area. (My father, a 20+ handicap, swears by the JPX line.) It makes sense to add him to their marketing.

He would be a great fit for Bridgestone! Heck.....for anyone really!

He would have great rocketballz jokes

Tapatalk

Love his show and his sense of humor. My guess would be Bridgestone, that would be huge for them.

He is getting older now, that usually means Adams

He is getting older now, that usually means Adams

LOL!

I would LOVE to see him with Bridgestone, just for the aforementioned opportunity of seeing him ham it up with Freddy, Trevino, DLIII and the like.

I'd guess Mizuno ... but Bridgestone might be a good fit also...

Bridgestone, and he will be the on course reporter for The Morgan Cup.........

Not sure why some people are questioning why they would want Feherty. The guy has his own show, is a popular announcer, and one of the more well known golf personalities in general. Seems like a great spokes person to me.

I agree with golf ghost. I watch all of his shows and love his interviews and articles. Although he's no longer playing at the highest level I understand that he's a past professional and knowledgeable golfer who I enjoy and respect. If he has something to say about equipment I'd be all ears.

Bridgestone and Srixon are Japanese companies? After seeing the AMP line, I would run too. I thought the NASCAR look left with the R7's.

Does Mr. Feherty even play golf anymore? I know he loves to bicycle.

Getting your name out there is what is the most important. I think Feherty is an excellent method for OEMX to get their name out there. When I think golf, I think Feherty because he is smart, funny and has a fantastic accent for calling golf. Now, when I think Feherty, I will think of whatever OEM he will be going with and that will make me at least want to take a look at their products when I am in a store and I tend to hit whatever I am looking at. I can imagine that ole Dave will be worth whatever they are going to shell out for him.

Does Mr. Feherty even play golf anymore? I know he loves to bicycle.

He did a piece with Anthony Kim last year where he actually played for the first time in a long time.

Back