Sony Open in Hawaii Thread (Spoilers)

It isn't a big deal, well at least where I live it isn't.

I really don't care either. Personal decision. I would have been pissed if I was him. I'm leading the tourney and this is why you ask me about. It's not 60 minutes it's the golf channel.

I agree....but for the sake of the tour and your sponsors at least SAY that you learned from the experience. Not cool to just laugh about it while repping your sponsor......and mine in this instance. :D

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Everything is a personal decision, yet it is against the rules, he chose to break them and got suspended. We all know that if Tiger or Phil or someone else got busted it would be everywhere and "awful". Truth is, he very much knew it was against the rules of the tour that he gets paid very well to be a part of. He, like a lot of athletes chose to ignore the rules and and laugh about it.

Love seeing Keegan bombing the classic with the white shaft - looks sweet.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Unfortunately now it over shadows him leading a tournament. I think he got a little blindsided by the questions, but with the infraction that he had he should have known.

Everything is a personal decision, yet it is against the rules, he chose to break them and got suspended. We all know that if Tiger or Phil or someone else got busted it would be everywhere and "awful". Truth is, he very much knew it was against the rules of the tour that he gets paid very well to be a part of. He, like a lot of athletes chose to ignore the rules and and laugh about it.

I'm not saying he should laugh about it and I'm sure his sponsors are not too happy, plus I do think you have to play by the rules no matter what they are and whether or not you agree with them. I actually didn't even know he was suspended for pot and wouldn't have cared if I had known.
I think his reaction to what happened in that interview is far worse than the act itself.

Ishikawa looks like he is going to a dude ranch to ride horses. Asian golf apparel!

Is it bad that I kind of like the polo he's rockin'?

Is it bad that I kind of like the polo he's rockin'?

Whatever rocks your boat. I just don't feel it on the course.

Whatever rocks your boat. I just don't feel it on the course.

I wouldn't get it in the color he has, but a black/white, or blue/white plaid might look good on some people.

It looks like I am going to lose booth of my C players. Come on Dufner!!!

Unfortunately now it over shadows him leading a tournament. I think he got a little blindsided by the questions, but with the infraction that he had he should have known.

KT completely blindsided him and I think the worst part was how she described it - "arrested on drug charges" - makes it sound much worse then it probably was. He definitely handled it very poorly (what was up with that comment "a lot worse goes on out here" ?) and should expect questions about it, but I still think Tilghman's approach was pretty bush league...what did she think she was going to accomplish with that?

Ishikawa just went driver, PW into a par 5. This is so stupid.

Ishikawa just went driver, PW into a par 5. This is so stupid.

Just goes to show the strength and accuracy of these guys. It is surprising to see from guys like him and Cauley, guys who aren't too big, bomb their drivers.

Speaking of bombing a driver, Keegan with the bomb with the Classic/Kusala White combo. I NEED to hit this club.

I think there was a stiff tailwind there.

I'm liking watching Vijay and Keegan banging the Cleveland Classic.

Just goes to show the strength and accuracy of these guys. It is surprising to see from guys like him and Cauley, guys who aren't too big, bomb their drivers.

Speaking of bombing a driver, Keegan with the bomb with the Classic/Kusala White combo. I NEED to hit this club.

It just annoys me. I think all PGA Tour par 5's should play at >600 yds though. Then maybe play the tees forward on one day of a tourney and make them more easily reachable.

It just annoys me. I think all PGA Tour par 5's should play at >600 yds though. Then maybe play the tees forward on one day of a tourney and make them more easily reachable.

You do have a point. But some courses just aren't laid out that way...oh well. I do think that driving greens (or nearly driving greens) makes for good TV.

You do have a point. But some courses just aren't laid out that way...oh well. I do think that driving greens (or nearly driving greens) makes for good TV.

I just look at it this way: compare them to the Par 4's. You can hit a Par 4 in under GIR maybe once per tournament. I think Par 5's should be the same. Reward good wedge play and also the extremely long hitters that can get to 600+ in two.

If I missed the cut, I think I would hang out in Hawaii for a while.

Great 2nd shot by bradley.

It was just....awkward. Maybe he had a spliff before his round today. :D

And on another note....who makes Ryo Ishikawa's clothes? I'm actually digging the plaid shirt that he has on today.

fire mo fire.....You will be now be known as Jimmy Cliff too me

fire mo fire.....You will be now be known as Jimmy Cliff too me

Haha! Actually, thanks for re-introducing me to good reggae...

Haha! Actually, thanks for re-introducing me to good reggae...

I'm digging Ryo's outfit...and it's funny how my swing looks like KJs

I'm digging Ryo's outfit...and it's funny how my swing looks like KJs

I'd love to have a swing as smooth and solid as KJs. And I think we are the only ones that like Ryo's digs.

I'd love to have a swing as smooth and solid as KJs. And I think we are the only ones that like Ryo's digs.

It boils down to style, we have it in spades like Ryo

Back